Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laos report

Liked

Re: Laos report

The Patuxai is a matter of taste, I quite liked it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

sometimes things are soooooooooo easy and no need to quibble at all about: the cost of a Laos visa differs per country. it is indeed quite possible that nr1 pays 35, nr3 37, nr3 32 and nr 4, a real lucky, only 15 or 18. Without stating all your nationalities and comparing these to the official list impossible to compare. Also there are after time extra charges of 1 or 2 US$-beyond the normal mo-fri working days.

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    sometimes things are soooooooooo easy and no need to quibble at all about: the cost of a Laos visa differs per country. it is indeed quite possible that nr1 pays 35, nr3 37, nr3 32 and nr 4, a real lucky, only 15 or 18. Without stating all your nationalities and comparing these to the official list impossible to compare. Also there are after time extra charges of 1 or 2 US$-beyond the normal mo-fri working days.

OK,

I am UK, and they charged me $35.00! end of in my opinion. I was happy with it and the speed they did it.

Hi,

After having a good look at both Cambodia, Thailand and PDR Lao, I think the Lao guys win hands down in the looks department, or at least those in Vientiane do for me anyways!

Liked

I have just spent 3 days in Luang Prabang, and gay life is non-existant.I did drop into the Blue Ice bar, had 5 pina coladas while all the time chatting to a very sexy handsome 23 year old waiter. Unfortunately, he was not gay. I agree with Kevin - the Lao boys are stunning.

Liked

One thing I didn't mention about the Lao Orchid hotel in Vientiane (thought I'd wait until I was out of the country), is that I treid to sneak the guy up to my room via the stairs next to the elevator. I thought I'd succeeded, as there was noone at reception. But the moment we entered the room, the phone rang. It was someone downstairs asking for the guy's ID card! He told me he didn't have one, so I put him on to the receptionist. After a lengthy conversation, he was allowed to stay. In hindsight, it might have been better if they had refused him, as he wasn't all that good! But it just goes to show, they ARE aware of who is entering the hotel.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    I have just spent 3 days in Luang Prabang, and gay life is non-existant.
    There is a gay bar in Luang Prabang, called Daofaa, and I met some local gays there in February.

Full story here: http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.p...t=2542&start=0

In my opinion, Thai and Lao men look similar, I have no preference.

Liked

Also in luang prabang is blue ice bar which is gay owned and full of very friendly gay locals. One local guy took
    Me to his college lodgings for free food and beer with him and other students. It was a wonderful experience.

Also, PDR Lao charges different visa fees for different nationalities, I don't know why, but they do. I am UK National and as I mentioned, I kept my receipt and it was for certain and still is to my knowledge, $35 for a month. I am going back shortly, see if they can do me a year multi entry, where there's a will and all that!... :laughing3: