Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laos report

Liked

Laos report

I know it's early days yet - I only arrived a few hours ago - but I thought I'd get started on laos.
    First of all, you don't need a photo for a visa. I inadvertedly left my photos in my checked-in luggage and was told by Thai airways crew that i could get my polaroid taken at Immigration. Wrong! I got to Immigration and was told they could just scan my photo from my passport and it would cost $1. Wrong! it was free. I was also told a visa cost $35. Wrong! It cost $30. Christ, doesn't anybody know anything these days??
    I had arranged an airport pick-up from my hotel - the Lao orchid- but noone was waiting for me. I took a taxi into town. I was told it cost $5. Wrong! It is $7!!
    My hotel is in a fantastic position, right on the mekong and 15 metres away from the GQ bar. I had an email from the hotel saying that i could take a guest back to my room but they would not be responsible for anything lost. Fair enough.
    I had read up a bit on Vientiane, especially the comments made by Kevin, and so had a number of places I needed to find in a hurry. Wandering around, I found them all in about an hour. I'm talking about Heng Heng massage, the fountain where guys gather at night (I hope), the CCC bar, Alexia Tex-Mex restaurant,The Sengtawan hotel which has massage downstairs where you can get a happy ending, as well as other places recommended by Kevin.
    It's now time for a shower and then i think I'll wander down to GQ. I hope I can give a glowing report tomorrow. (Fingers crossed!)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Laos report

LOL... $30/$35... $5/$7... tomato/tomato.

Liked

I have stayed at Souphaphone Guesthouse in Baan Wat Chan district close to the river several times during my visits to Vientiane. Never had any problem bringing boyfriends back for a bit of fun, although none had stayed overnight. The female workers at the reception warned me that they would lock in any female prostitutes if I brought them to my room! Luckily all my male friends were straight-looking, as I prefer it that way. It was quite easy meeting them on Gayromeo, and they were simply horny guys in their early twenties. :happy7:
    I also didn't encounter any problem taking a boy back to the room at Lane Xang hotel.

Liked

I started off at the Khop Chai Deu for dinner last night and Kevin was correct - there are lots of very cute waiters working there. I also saw lots of very handsome customers but they were with their girlfriends.
    i then wandered down to the GQ bar. i was the only customer. The barman is very handsome - he has a beautiful smile. Then a young guy from Malaysia sat down and we got talking a bit. Not much later a couple of gay locals came in. One was very drunk and started falling all over me. It got too much (can't stand drunks) so I left and went off to the CCC bar. There was one customer there - a lesbian. I had one drink, spoke to the barman a bit then went back to GQ. There were about 6 guys in there, mostly screaming ladyboy types. One masculine guy who was a bit drunk came up to me and grabbed my cock. You can guess the rest. The night went ok I guess, although he was more interested in his own pleasure than mine. He just wanted to cum as soon as we got down to work. He ended up cumming all over me. We had another session in the morning and then he left.
    All in all, it was a fairly quiet evening. I didn't see anyone working the river area or hanging around the fountain.
    BTW the cute barman at GQ gave me his phone number and said he would show me around the town today. Unfortunately, I slept in and didn't have the chance to meet him. I'm sure he wasn't interested in sex with me; he just wanted to be my tour guide for a while.
    I'll head back to GQ tonight and see i can find someone else.
    The Lao Orchid hotel is very relaxed about things, if you know what I mean. Just need to see an ID card.

Hi,

I am not arguing or being clever about the matter, but I know what I paid for the visa and it was what I said, $35 and I've kept the receipt!

I hadn't even had a beer!!!

Also, I am in Cambodia now and paid $25 for an e business visa.

The guys at immigration have taken my passport and $300 for a one year multiple entry. I don't gve a bugger if it's a bit more cos this means no journey to P.P. if I don't want to go.

Very polite people at immigration in Siem Reap, a refreshing change!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kquill

The guys at immigration have taken my passport and $300 for a one year multiple entry. I don't gve a bugger if it's a bit more cos this means no journey to P.P. if I don't want to go.
    I don't get this... Are you planning to stay and open a business in Cambodia? What's wrong with the usual tourist visa?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Quote Originally Posted by kquill

I don't get this... Are you planning to stay and open a business in Cambodia? What's wrong with the usual tourist visa?
    Hi,

Don't know what I am doing yet, but it's a cheap way to stay in Asia until I can make my mind up. I haven't had a chance for a good look round yet.

Liked

Quick update - we had a fine day in Vientiane so at 6pm I went for a stroll along the waterfront. Supposedly there are guys lurking there waiting for a hook-up. I wandered up and down a couple of times but didn't see anyone. After dinner I went to the fountain, another claimed pickup place, but I was only approached by a girl (transvestite??)
    I then went back to the GQ bar last night to drool over Pon, the barman. Once again, he sat with me (on the other side of the bar, for safety's sake I guess!) but did stroke my arm a couple of times. He has the most beautiful smile. While chatting to him, a Chinese guy came in and sat with me. We started talking. Suddenly his hands were all over me. He reached inside the leg of my shorts and grabbed my cock! I explained that I wasn't really into public sex (especially when the lights are on!) so he wrote down his hotel room number then left. He is staying at the hotel right opposite the bar. He has been working in Laos 10 years. I asked Pon if this guy was a moneyboy and he said he didn't think so. BTW he looked to be in thirties. No, I didn't take up his offer. The bar then filled up with screaming ladyboys who pounced about on stage and lip-synched. It was horrible.
    If you are ever in Vientiane, you must go see the Patuxai arch. It would have to be the UGLIEST tourist attraction in the world. It even has a sign on it calling it a "concrete monster." I love their honesty here!

Liked

Yesterday was my last full day in Vientiane. After wandering around most of the day i decided to try a gay massage - something I've never done before. I had already looked for, and found, Heng Heng massage, a place recommended on the web. I went in and was greeted by the young manager who was surfing Gayromeo at the time. I told him I was after a "sexy boy massage" and he appointed me a young guy called Sai. We went upstairs. he ushered me into a tine room with a mattress on the floor. he pointed to some pajamas and left while i got changed. Hmmm....things not looking too good here. he came back and started massaging me over my clothes. When I turned over on my back, i asked him to remove his clothes. he took off his top. I pointed to the pants. he took them off too, revealing a pair of jocks. When I asked hi to remove them, he smiled and continued to massage me. Oh, well, I guess this is as far as it goes. When he came and kneeled beside me I put my hand on his croth. To my surprise he was as hard as a rock!!! I asked him again to remove his jocks, and this time, he did. That's when the fun started. He removed my clothes and jacked me while I sucked his cock. he wouldn't suck me, though. Doesn't matter. I then asked him to lie down and have him a handjob. When he came he literally exploded - he sprayed all over his chest, shoulder and the mattress. he then finished me off. BTW his technique is awesome. His cock is not thick but a good 7 inches, I'd reckon. He remained rock hard all through. If you come to Vientiane, give it a go...and don't forget to ask for Sai. Tip - 100,000 kip, room 60,000 kip.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

The Patuxai Arch is quite a monstrosity, a vulgar demonstration of power, and it was built with concrete donated by the Americans for use in building a highway, or was it an airport!

I had been living in Thailand for around a year, when I first visited Vientiane, and was very happy to find plentiful and french food and bread there, which wasn't so available in Bangkok at the time. It was the period when the communist Pathet Lao and the Royalists were sharing power, and I will never forget quietly eating dinner on my own in one of the better french restaurants when in came eight Pathet Lao in battle fatigues carrying sub machine guns.

They then sat down, slung their machine guns over the backs of their chairs, and settled in for a good meal! From the reaction of the owner this was clearly not an unusual event, which was reassuring.