List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: A REAL Mexican Restaurant in Pattaya Thailand!

Liked

Re: A REAL Mexican Restaurant in Pattaya Thailand!

I never said that. Objectively the fabulous homemade salsas in Mexico City are better than bottled Pace salsa. Not an opinion. A fact. It's is also a fact that many ignorant people would like the Pace stuff better. But that doesn't make it better, it just shows they have bad taste. You're not going to convince me otherwise. There are objective realities in food quality that are a totally different thing than people's taste and opinions.

BTW, I have spoken to Sam about his food. He is a nice guy I admit but he serves very poor Mexican food. Apparently there is a market for it. Good for Sam. Bad for lovers of decent Mexican food.

Sams isn't the worst in town. That's probably a tie between Tequila Reef and Blue Parrot.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius
    Any Michelin judgements in Pattaya are more likely to concern the tyres on your car.
    Nice..very droll.
    One of my pet peeves is self appointed arbiters of tastes and standards.
    Oh..you don't want to do that.
    Oh..you don't want to buy that.
    Oh..you don't want to go that way.

I had a terrible childhood and have authority issues..sob sob.
    Don't tell me what to do.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Narakmak
    I never said that. Objectively the fabulous homemade salsas in Mexico City are better than bottled Pace salsa. Not an opinion. A fact. It's is also a fact that many ignorant people would like the Pace stuff better. But that doesn't make it better, it just shows they have bad taste. You're not going to convince me otherwise. There are objective realities in food quality that are a totally different thing than people's taste and opinions.....because in my view the local stuff is already nothing.
    No you are wrong.
    It is a fact that salsa made in mexico city is probably fresher.
    It is a fact that salsa made in mexico city is probably spicier.
    It is a fact that in mexico city they probably use fresh cilantro.
    It is a fact that cooking and canning tends to make foods bland and so an industrial food product compared to a fresh made product has a fresher taste.

It is those facts that lead you to conclude that the salsa is better.
    There is a difference between just saying this is my opinion and I am correct because my opinion is always right and laying out some objective measure on which to lay your opinion.

So if someone else has a different opinion or likes the taste of industrial salsa they are ignorant because they do not conform to your expectations of how they should feel about food.

I am glad you have opinions but they are just that opinions. And if you want to share them with the board..great. But as a poster I also have the right to point out that you are just telling me what you think. Your opinion carries very little weight in terms of my decision making.

MY GOODNESS! All I wanted to originally say was that I went to Sam's and I liked it! I live near Mexico and there are a ton of Mexican Restaurants there and while I do believe that IN FUCKING COLORADO and TEXAS and MEXICO they are better, well we are in PATTAYA THAILAND. I have found it to be the BEST I have had the pleasure of eating at in PATTAYA THAILAND and while I wish I were in Colorado eating fresher, larger, and tastier portions of Mexican food, alas, I am here.
    I am neither ignorant nor stupid and while YOU may choose to do without because you say it takes like shit, obviously it must have been at least ok if you returned THREE times. Thanks for your OPINION but as y health isnt so great and I dont know if I can wait so long for your gourmet Mexican Restaurant to open, I will settle for Sam's. Thank you!
    :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Liked

Here is why I returned three times.

1. To try out the new place. It was crap.
    2. Some poster on thaivisa said it was great and it had gotten better. Returned. It was still crap.
    3. Another poster on thaivisa said it was great and it had gotten better. Returned. It was still crap.

Three strikes, you're out.
    Cunt Pride!

OK out for you.
    May I point out that Thailand is very large. There is Northern Thai food and other "variations". The boys from the north, while they will eat the south and others, they dont prefer it to the spicy hot of the north and the south cant really stomach the spicy hot of the north. In and I dont know how to spell it Sakonikon likes to eat dogs and cats, but other areas dont. New York has a New York Style cheesecake. I prefer it but there ARE many variations.
    Mexico is HUGE, much larger than New York, Thailand and even Sakonikon. Thats all we are really trying to tell you. Even if you are a Mexican from Mexico, there are variations and there are many variations that many people enjoy. Let it rest now.
    My last post on this thread.
    :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Liked

No. It is not possible that a Mexican person would ever think Sams food is good Mexican food or good Mexican American food for that matter. Please note I have nothing against Mexican American food if it is good. For example I think good San Francisco Mission District burritos are fantastic and one of the great foods of the world. Many Mexicans enjoy those as well and they have no problem that that style of Mexican food is not even sold in Mexico. Sams is not good. That is a fact. My confidence level on that is 100 percent. Anyone who thinks it is good Mexican American food simply doesn't have the experience to know better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_burrito
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Narakmak
    No. It is not possible that a Mexican person would ever think Sams food is good Mexican food or good Mexican American food for that matter. Please note I have nothing against Mexican American food if it is good. For example I think good San Francisco Mission District burritos are fantastic and one of the great foods of the world. Many Mexicans enjoy those as well and they have no problem that that style of Mexican food is not even sold in Mexico. Sams is not good. That is a fact. My confidence level on that is 100 percent. Anyone who thinks it is good Mexican American food simply doesn't have the experience to know better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_burrito
    You keep forgetting that those are your opinions not absolute fact.
    Are you are aware that the two are not the same?
    Stating an opinion does not make it factual.
    Is that something you understand?

He doesnt understand Kitty. He is an expert on all variations of Mexican food.
    Let him go to Chain Mei and to Bangkok.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    He doesnt understand Kitty. He is an expert on all variations of Mexican food.
    Let him go to Chain Mei and to Bangkok.
    Ah...don't spoil it for me. I was hoping I could get him to again proclaim his expertise on all mexican food in all variations and again state with absolute certainty that anyone who does not agree with his standards is ignorant.
    Wait...I have a vision...froth...froth....foaming and frothing at the mouth...it is becoming clearer..Sorry I lost it.