List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: A REAL Mexican Restaurant in Pattaya Thailand!

Re: A REAL Mexican Restaurant in Pattaya Thailand!

I need to say that Smyrna Georgia is a huge, very beautiful city. The picture and food look absolutely picture perfect but I cannot taste a picture and I dont know how crazy I would get over a Tofu dish.
    To each there own.
    If YOU did this review, I congradulate you on your review and being able to go many places and taste, sample and explore variety of foods.

That being said, I think the problem here still remains, that if you look at your previous posts, you put yourself out to be an "expert" and that your review is a "fact". If your reviews were mainly on high end restaurants and chefs as this article shows, then Sam's or any "ordinary restaurant" would probably never hope to get any type of decent remarks from you. You need to stick to the dozen or so high end restaurants that Pattaya has to offer and us retired folk with budgets can oogle over and critisize those more budget orientated places..... although I do love Freddie at Bruno's and his food when I get to go there.

If you had disagreed with our reviews rather than beligerantly continued yelling that it was "crap" and that you were an expert and these were the facts, etc. I believe this thread may have ended quite a long long time ago.

Someone else was right when they said that food critics are snobs and YES, you also were right when you said I was a sex addict but no when you referred to me as a "pimp".
    :occasion9:

Liked

I am not the Blissful Glutton, she is a Jewish lady from Mexico City (I am a BIG FAN), but I have eaten there and the eggplant dish is one of my favorite dishes I have ever had in my entire life. I disagree also that reviewers need to focus on high end restaurants. That is totally false. Many reviewers focus on ethnic and budget places.
    Cunt Pride!

Wonderful and I love eggplant. Nice eggplant at Villa Market!
    But you did not address the other comments about why you found yourself being attacked.
    And just thinking about it, why did you print someone elses review? How about printing one of YOURS and removing your name?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    But you did not address the other comments about why you found yourself being attacked.
    And just thinking about it, why did you print someone elses review? How about printing one of YOURS and removing your name?
    You're joking right? Do you think I'm an idiot? Think before you post?
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Narakmak
    You are an idiot if you do not believe others have the right to disagree with you.
    Do I think you are stupid? A self important asshole who thinks people who disagree with him about the taste of food are ignorant and engaging in idiocy (your words from other posts) would be a better description.

A gaping a gaping fucking asshole.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

I guess I am stupid. Now if you are a retired expert in the field of food critique, why would you not let us review your review? I even said remove your name.
    I would like to see one or two of your reviews and what you said about them.
    :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Liked

We had had 3 different types of reviewers in my time as an owner.

The high profile daily newspaper writers, plus the reviewers for trade publications and awards and the gourmet and dining magazines. They were all respected, some often called in for a chat weeks after the review, offering advice and ask for info from my German chef.

Next level were the reviewers who believes they were the final arbiter of all things dining. The worst used to mark out of 20, and anything under 15 was "TRASH" One had a thing about bread and linen serviettes and would deduct marks from the food, ambience and service, one point for each. I remember an excellent bistro, also losing a mark for polished wood tables. That I think was when the rot started to set in.

Restaurant owners started to refuse one entry even when he stated he was not doing a review. Wait staff in other restaurants started to refuse to serve him, as well.

But the worst of all were the ones that believed their shit did not stink. They saw themselves almost as a dining god who could never be wrong. One bragged he had closed more restaurants that the Taxation and Health departments conbined. He had no interest in the losses a restaurant would incur, he cared little about the emotional and financial fallout that was the price of not being up to his standards. There were rumours of violence towards a reviewer who was scathing to an Italian restaurant, but I kept clear of that, and was not interested in the details.

This thread is mainly about Narakmac and Sams.

It is interesting that narakmac claims that Sam knows him. I wonder if Sam knows this type of crap on only one thread is being published?

I got tired of reading his opinionated rants about Sams, but here are a few from this thread only.

I think the food there is HORRIBLE. Bland, no spice, not authentic. Everything is wrong. It isn't real. Please don't waste your money. Please stop supporting fake Mexican food in Pattaya. Bangkok and CM have some half decent places. Pattaya doesn't. Maybe someday. Not now and not Sams!

BTW, it's[ Sams] also a very poor value..

A place like Sams, this is how they stay in business. People hoping they will get better.

I say starve them out until someone opens a decent Mexican place in Pattaya

They serve that crap because so many of you are willing to buy their crap.

I am serious that I'd like to see all the Mexican places in Pattaya go out of business.

Though I wouldn't call either total crap like Sams, etc.

I want all Pattaya Mexican places to go under because that opens the space for a new place to set a decent standard here.

I have been to Sams three times. All times, really low standard food. Mexicans would be disgusted and wouldn't eat there unless they were starving and it was free, and because I know Mexican food, so was I.

there is no doubt Sams is objectively bad. It is true some people may like Sams, but they simply have horrible taste and know nothing about what Mexican food

Here is why I returned three times.

1. To try out the new place. It was crap.
    2. Some poster on thaivisa said it was great and it had gotten better. Returned. It was still crap.
    3. Another poster on thaivisa said it was great and it had gotten better. Returned. It was still crap.

Three strikes, you're out

could not stomach the food at Sams or any other place in Pattaya

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Liar! I said I talked to Sam about his food. I never said he knows me. Duh.

Also, you totally distorted my thoughts. Sams is not the worse Mex place in town. Blue Parrot and Tequila Reef are. I have no special issue about Sams. One poster here suggests we should support his food because he is supposedly gay. I find that absurd.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

Liar! I said I talked to Sam about his food. I never said he knows me. Duh.
    BTW, I have spoken to Sam about his food. He is a nice guy I admit but he serves very poor Mexican food. Apparently there is a market for it. Good for Sam. Bad for lovers of decent Mexican food.
    I am sure Sam will remember you when he reads this thread.

Also, you totally distorted my thoughts. Sams is not the worse Mex place in town. Blue Parrot and Tequila Reef are. I have no special issue about Sams.
    Could have fooled me.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

No, Sam does not know me. Like I was the first person he ever spoke to about his "style" of food. Again, now it sounds like you deliberately distorted what I said here. Very sleazy. What's your agenda?
    Cunt Pride!