List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: A REAL Mexican Restaurant in Pattaya Thailand!

Re: A REAL Mexican Restaurant in Pattaya Thailand!

Recently I had the pleasure of Googling Food Critic.
    They are "journalists first" who have an "understanding" of ingredients.
    They eat a meal and then form their "opinions". They are "not experts", have "no formal training" and are "not chefs". There are no specific qualifications, degrees or licensing.
    As a matter of fact, as long as you can WRITE GOOD, anyone can go into the field of being a food critic!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Narakmak
    Mexican food is important to me. I never said its important to everyone. Anyone who thinks Sams is decent Mexican food shares your indifference. I'll ignore your lame comment about my music example; it was clear to non-abusive readers.
    Oh I like the violin competition music example. Here is my rendition of his concert critique based on his mexican restaurant critique model.

I can see you at your nieces concert recital. She does an nice job playing the violin - we have to consider that she is in elementary school. Your proud sister says "Good job darling we love you and your playing was good".

You storm up saying screaming at your niece, "That was shit playing. I am an expert at violin playing. I have heard violin music all over the world from Carnegie Hall to international violin competitions and you are shit and as my sister you are stupid and ignorant and a twat for telling my niece that she is anything but shit as a violin player".
    You storm off.
    Your brother in law turns to your sister.
    "What a fucking gaping hole! You guys still want to eat mexican for lunch at Sam's?".
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Narakmak
    I am serious that I'd like to see all the Mexican places in Pattaya go out of business. Then nobody would dare to serve such a low standard Mexican food here and some smart person might realize they can do as well as the better Bangkok places, and then we could finally get at least one half decent place for Mex food in town.
    Why do existing restaurants have to go out of business for that to happen? If what you call a "decent Mexican restaurant" opened and drew enough customers it might send the others out of business or make them improve their own product.

When it comes to such a subjective thing, your opinion may be more qualified but it is still an opinion. The fact is, Justme and others enjoyed this place, so let them enjoy it. Your opinion of the food isn't a solid fact.

I happen to think the coffee at Starbucks is bland horse piss and not real coffee but that is my opinion and it seems some people do enjoy it.

Liked

Just to lighten things up a little on this thread.....I made this in my home a few months back. It may not be real Mexican food but it sure as hell was good. Everything you see was purchased at Friendship except the plate and spoon.

Equipment needed:

Crock pot to cook the pork
    Frying pan to heat the flour tortilla
    Microwave to melt the Anchor cheddar cheese

For the secret recipe please send 25b, Cash--check--or money order to:

Big Ben
    Just around the corner from Wat Chi
    3 doors down from the 7-11
    Next to the big tree
    Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi

[attachment=0:z666yife]DSC00003 (4).JPG[/attachment:z666yife]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana

Liked

Our resident self appointed mexican food (bitchfest nothing will ever be good enough for MY TASTES and everyone else is shit) food critic Narakmak declares he put me on ignore. I hope it is true. Sorry guys (girls and those of the 3rd category) for dragging this out so long.

I have a problem with self appointed experts that think anyone who disagrees with them is wrong.

I suspect Sam's has decent food, not great but edible. But what do I know..I apparently disagree with Narakmak and that apparently makes me an idiot.

It is good to know my place in life.

Do you think I too can be as lucky as you?!
    Signed:
    The Pimp
    :happy7: :happy7: :happy7:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    Do you think I too can be as lucky as you?!
    Signed:
    The Pimp
    :happy7: :happy7: :happy7:
    Pray to the big buhda and maybe in your next life you will be spared assholes like him.
    I doubt it as guys like our self appointed (I must be right and everyone else must be wrong) food critic seem to spring up like cockroaches. You can not get rid of them but with a bit of diligent pest control the fuckers crawl back under the counters.

LOL baby - buy me another drink and I will call him a fucking cunt bitch whore cocksucker for you anytime.

Take me to Sam's for dinner then get one of your boys to blow me under the table while I drink beer and I will go bitch slap the fuck in person.

:sign5: :sign5: :sign5: :sign5:

Liked

I like Tequila Reef, right on Soi 7. The best Mexican food I've tasted so far in Thailand. I try to get there at least once a week when in Pattaya. They had a good Thanksgiving Dinner last November as well.

Mikes is also good, and probably a better ambiance than Tequila Reef. But Tequila Reef's margaritas are much better.

Guess I'll have to try Sam's next time in town.

Liked

You are judging by margaritas? Ridiculous. Tequila Reef, the second worst Mexican food I have had in Thailand, after Blue Parrot, the absolute dregs. I can't even imagine an American, much less a Mexican, thinking TR has good Mexican food. Hint -- BBQ ribs are not Mexican food or even Mexican American food. It's a weird thing you find in Thailand, "Mexican" restaurants serving American ribs. Nothing wrong with American style ribs though. Maybe they are good at TR, but I already have other good ribs places in town, and I don't wish to support that sham TR place.
    Cunt Pride!