List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: A REAL Mexican Restaurant in Pattaya Thailand!

A REAL Mexican Restaurant in Pattaya Thailand!

Over the years I have had freinds tell me how great a Mexican restaurant called Tequilla Reef was and how someone s=else loved Blue Parrot Mexican.
    Well I have tried them both and thought both were a 3 on a scale of 1 - 10 for mexican food. I mean GENUINE Mexican food.
    so of course you could see the reaction on my face when yet another freind told me about yet another Mexican Reaturant called Sam's. Blah blah blah and I am paying little to no attention until he tells me that the owner of Sam's is from TEXAS, USA. WELL, Texas borders both Mexico and Colorado, and I am from Colorado and I know what Mexican food tastes like. Now my freind has my undevided attention!!
    He tells me how to get to Sam's and he will treat me in 2 days and that was tonight.
    Well i ordered some starters for all of us to share (there were 4 of us). We had jalapeno poppers and Nachos Grande. 10 on a scale of 10! Shit I can't go wrong! Then for my main dish I had a chicken enchalada, a beef taco, with refried beans and mexican rice. Again a 10 out of 10!! I am in love.
    Anyway, for anyone who loves or wants to try what REAL Mexican food tastes like.......
    Sam's Mexican restaurant also has American food. Steaks, hamburgers, buffalo wings, chili....hmmmmmm!
    If you are going to Jomtien Beach, keep looking on your left for Mignon Restaurant. make a left there and a short few yards down the road is another left.
    On that corner where you make that second left is SAM'S.
    A nice casual rastaurant and the food is quick and service was fine. Sam was a very social host. ENJOY!

Liked

Re: A REAL Mexican Restaurant in Pattaya Thailand!

The location fits with a place I visited a couple of years ago. It was so-so then, so I guess things must have improved!
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius
    The location fits with a place I visited a couple of years ago. It was so-so then, so I guess things must have improved!
    Is it possible that you, coming from the UK which is very far from Mexico, only had what you believe was Mexican food and that real Mexican food is strange tasting to you? After all, your Chinese food and other things are very different to me from USA and even Chinese food from various parts of the USA are very different indeed!
    I went to London twice and had breakfast and lunches where the eggs were barely cooked, the toast burnt and the suasage horrible tasting. The only thing I felt that was edible was the beans. Well the place was packed and everyone seemed to be really enjoying the food, a well known establishment whose name escapes me as it was long ago. I have also eaten at English restaurants here and most things are the same. Ham served cold with runny eggs.
    All I can say is that coming from right next to Mexico where the Mexicsans escape over the border all day long and out number the citizens of America and have Mexican restaurants everywhere, I think the food was really good.

:happy3: :happy3: :happy3: :happy3:

Liked

Sorry to burst your bubble but I know Mexican food very well, from both Mexico and California (Sam is from San Diego and claims he does AMERICAN Mexican style food, not even Cali-Mex really) and I think the food there is HORRIBLE. Bland, no spice, not authentic. Everything is wrong. They don't even have passable salsa. Sorry, Sam is a nice guy, but the OP is an advert. It isn't real. Please don't waste your money. Please stop supporting fake Mexican food in Pattaya. Bangkok and CM have some half decent places. Pattaya doesn't. Maybe someday. Not now and not Sams!

BTW, it's also a very poor value. The last time I was there I had their so called beef burrito. Don't recall the exact price, something like 200 baht, but it was more like an appetizer than a full meal that a California burrito should be.
    Cunt Pride!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    All I can say is that coming from right next to Mexico where the Mexicsans escape over the border all day long and out number the citizens of America and have Mexican restaurants everywhere, I think the food was really good.
    I thought you just said you were from Colorado? That's muy lejos from Mexico, amigo! Anyway - times, recipes and cooks can change, and it may be worth checking out. Thank you for the suggestion.

I wish Narakmak would have mentioned what is (in his opinion) a restaurant closer to his standard for Mexican food in Pattaya, if there is one. Maybe he still will.

Liked

No, no Mexican in Pattaya is worth eating at. All a waste of money to anyone who really knows Mexican food. I am sure there is good Mexican food in Colorado though. Any urban area in the US with lots of Mexicans has at least some decent places (where the Mexicans eat mostly).

A place like Sams, this is how they stay in business. People hoping they will get better. I've responded to these kinds of promos myself there ( which I have my suspicions about, hint hint) and nope. crappy as ever. Anyone who knows Mexican will feel totally ripped off.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Narakmak
    N Any urban area in the US with lots of Mexicans has at least some decent places (where the Mexicans eat mostly).
    Do you mean Taco Bell? When in San Diego area I saw many Mexicanos eating at Taco Bell. I tried it and much better and cheaper then some real Mex restaurants. In Pattaya I prefer Mikes where portions are large and prices reasonable and a nice ambiance.
    But by far, best Mex food was in Tombstone, Arizona of all places.

Liked

No, I don't mean Taco Bell. That's American fast food. Even they admit that. I guess this isn't really a serious food crowd ... So go ahead and support more crappy Mexican food. I say starve them out until someone opens a decent Mexican place in Pattaya.
    Cunt Pride!

Colorado is very close to borders New Mexico and Mexico. There are many many Mexicans in Colorado. I am not t=driving 2 hours to Bangkok for a taste of Mexican food and yes, I have had "what I call" good Mexican food in Bangkok. Sam says he is from BOTH San Diego and Texas and BOTH San Diego and parts of Texas are a hot spit away from Mexico. As a matter of fact much closer than Colorado. I clearly compared my experiece and recomendations that were given to me of Blue Parrot and Tequilla Reef which were a HUGE disappointment to me. I felt that Sams was a ME+UCH better place and enjoyed myself!!
    You have your different opinions and that is cool but then again, some American freinds of mine sweared by Blue Parrot and Tequila Reefs. That doesnt make them good. I felt the quality of food that I had and the portions were quite adequate. I dont need to eat humongous portions.
    I still liked the place and I will still go back. Sam is also a member of our community. Disagree all you want. UP2ME! :occasion9: :occasion9:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Narakmak
    No, I don't mean Taco Bell. That's American fast food. Even they admit that. I guess this isn't really a serious food crowd ... So go ahead and support more crappy Mexican food. I say starve them out until someone opens a decent Mexican place in Pattaya.
    Narakmak; what you say of Mexican food restaurants could be said of all non-Thai restaurants. French, German, Italian, etc and thus we would all starve if following your advice. For me many of the Thai restaurants are mediocre. What's a gourmand to do?
    Attached Images Attached Images