• no oplnion

4 4.65%
  • yes for tonyfromkent only

5 5.81%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll Do you support the inclusion of a 7 day maximum per day

Liked

Poll Do you support the inclusion of a 7 day maximum per day

Recently the members of baht-stop decided to reclaim their board from 2 flood posters and introduced a maximum of 7 posts per day per member. It has stabilized their board.

In the last few months, several posters have monopolised this forum with up to 20 posts per day. Many of them have been a feud that will never be resolved. Others have been trolls who have been banned in the past on this and other boards, for doing the same thing.

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Poll Do you support the inclusion of a 7 day maximum per

No, I wouldn't support that. I think you're just being old and grumpy.

Restricting people from talking kind of defeats the whole purpose of a discussion forum, doesn't it? Go open a bar, and limit every to two drinks a day before kicking them out. See how well it does.

Liked

Yes, I support a limit. Certainly we all know what people like BeachLover think, he repeats his drivel constantly. So too with ScottishGuy who thinks he is "cute" with his boring "humor". Tonyfromkent is getting to be a bore too.

Certainly if you have something to offer you can say it in less than 7 posts a day. I vote yes, put on a limit. This has nothing to do with "freedom of expression".

twenty posts a day is overdosing this board with his opinion, most of whiich is crap.

Liked

Tonyfromkent or alas Badboybilly as he was before is just a sad fu-- who has no real friends so by him flooding this forum he thinks he's making himself friends if people respond to him. I think people like him and a few others must have real shallow lives as they live on the computer day and night jacking off to every new post they can butt into or start up. :lam:
    I spoke into his eyes. " I thought you died a long,-- a long long time ago".
    " OH NO! not me, i never lost control, your face to face with the Man who sold the world"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Go open a bar, and limit every to two drinks a day before kicking them out. See how well it does.
    Matt, I think you are correct. Limit your customers to only two drinks and you will kill the atmosphere. Everyone will soon leave on go elsewhere.

But if you set the limit at seven drinks each, most people won't even approach that limit but you will probably prevent a few trouble makers who don't know when to stop getting drunk in the corner and fights breaking out. I think that's what Wombat is suggesting.
    If [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/YouTube.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/MySpace.jpg[/img] I'll [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Google.jpg[/img] your [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Yahoo.jpg[/img]

Even though I donтАЩt know much about the guys you mention, IтАЩm sure they all have something positive to offer, if they are interesting and not Insulting, I cant see why any one would treat members like children.

IтАЩm all for free speech and Interesting conversation, leave the Bickering to other boards, this board is the best as far as I can see it, if you donтАЩt look at the others.

To me it seems that Tony is doing his best to help kick start the board in a positive way. I fully agree with Mother above in saying that informative posts are one thing but the constant posting of nasty and provocative posts? Well I don't think there is any room on this board for it. It degrades the members, the board itself and all it seems to do is bring more people around to either join in or gawk. Therefore the numbers here, which is what ADVERTISERS look at, is very misleading. The numbers are high because of all the same people who return to continue out the gawking and sniping. Yes, the figures will go down but the board would be a more peaceful and informative place to visit. Personally I think all the nasty arguing should be deleted.

Liked

I support the limit of seven posts. If you have anything meaning to add to this forum, certainly you can do it in seven posts for one day.

We all know the names of those who flood this board with utter stupidities day after day. BeachLover, Tomyfromkent (BadBoyBilly), ScottishGuy, Combat. And we all knew exactly what to expect to hear from them since they drone on day after day with their constant drivel. YES! Limit posting to seven per member per day. Great idea.

"justme" do you support Tonyfromkent because he has publicly stated that he likes your bar and then mainly because you are exactly the type he goes for? While Tony isn't the worst here, I would never go so far as to say he is a "positive" element on the board. Hardly. I can just imagine a few more months of his crap flooding this board! No! Limit the posts. This is one of the few good ideas I have seen expressed here in recent months.

Liked

I am not a frequent poster on this board, but I visit quite a bit.

I don't think there is a need to limit the number of posts. I think there is a need for a bit more moderation / organization.

Move any off-topic posts or back and forth bickering to some type of "miscellaneous" thread. Those that like the drama can have it all compiled in one place. Those that actually want to follow a thread topic don't have to wade through the mountain of crap to find good information.

Just my thoughts. I have very little experience on web boards....