Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kathy Kirby Dies aged 72

Kathy Kirby Dies aged 72

I'm sure many (especially UK) SGT members will be sad to learn of the death of Miss Kathy Kirby - one of the last great "belters"

A wonderful talent that, like Dorothy Squires and Frankie Vaughan, never reached its full potential.

jinks (with a small "j") - please don't consign this thead to "Global Forum" I believe it is "relevant" to many SGT members in Thailand

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13468331[attachment=0:2vuoj6gb]KathyKirby2.jpg[/attachment:2vuoj6gb]

Re: Kathy Kirby Dies aged 72

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala
    Didn't she perform at The Venue last year? Some posters will be truly shocked by this news.

I won't be one of them, and if this is relevant to Gay Thailand, so is the news that Shirley Bassey was launching a boat in Southampton today!

Well, you know Brad, surprising as it may seem, there are some people who are interested in more than which BKK/Pattaya rentboy has the biggest cock.

I know it may hurt you to hear this, but it's true

Now, if YOU aren't interested, why comment?

I'm sure if KQ was here he would testify to Kathy Kirby's skills - he knows talent when he sees it

:occasion9: :occasion9:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    jinks (with a small "j") - please don't consign this thead to "Global Forum" I believe it is "relevant" to many SGT members in Thailand
    That's exactly the reasoning lonelywombat employs when he posts one of his boring threads on, say, "The treatment of dandruff in pubic hair" and justifies its inclusion in the Gay Thailand forum on the basis that one of the ingredients of a new medication - coconut milk, for example - is grown in Thailand.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Didn't she perform at The Venue last year? Some posters will be truly shocked by this news.
    She performed for me in the mid 80's at the Nightingale Club.

Our mutual friend, the late Jean McKinnon (the last Betty in Wilson Kepple and Betty) invited me to dinner before going to the club. I sat and dined through her performance and then later watched a word for word repeat at the club.

She still had the trappings of a Star, her musical director was there without warning, if his fee was not forthcoming - no show!

Lovely Lady. Great Voice. R.I.P. Kathy.

I remember seeing her on Juke Box Jury when I were a lad.

[youtube:xm56n87e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmk2G7sn_00[/youtube:xm56n87e]

Liked

i literally only clicked on this post to see what the f*ck this could
    possibly have to do with anything gay or thailand related. mr.
    impala is right, this is nonsense. who the hell is this dead chick
    and why do we care?

Liked: 1

Well, well, here we have a member who made a HUGE song-and-dance about 'undue influence' and getting 'special privileges' allegations against Justme for getting a locked thread unlocked, and now he himself is pleading for the very same kind of concession from the moderator.

and if this is relevant to Gay Thailand
    Brad does have a point though, unfortunately it seems he simply has'nt the same level of 'undue influence' as some here seem to.

I do however think netrix is showing an unusually harsh lack of respect, maybe it is posted on the wrong forum, but it's still a human-being under discussion. Kathy Kirby, yes one of the many excellent singers saddled with awful material my parents played at home. Matt Monroe was the only crooner I could listen to for more than one song. Even Sinatra rated his vioce better than his own.

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan
    Well, well, here we have a member who made a HUGE song-and-dance about 'undue influence' and getting 'special privileges' allegations against Justme for getting a locked thread unlocked, and now he himself is pleading for the very same kind of concession from the moderator
    I asked ("pleading" is a ridiculous exaggeration) for the thread to be left on the busiest forum so that people who might be interested would have a better chance of seeing it, that's all.

The death was not widely reported (relegated to the "entertainment" section of BBC website, rather than "News") and I believed that, as many SGT members are of a "certain age", they might remember Kathy Kirby and be interested in the thread.

It was a simple request which jinks could allow or dismiss as he wished. I was not going to throw my toys out the pram if he chose to ignore it.

The major difference between my single, solitary request and those of Justme is that the thread is not about me - and I have nothing to gain in terms of self-justification or credibility by it remaining on GT forum.

Surprised you failed to grasp that important distinction.

Actually, on second thoughts, I'm not.

:occasion9:

Quote Originally Posted by netrix
    i literally only clicked on this post to see what the f*ck this could
    possibly have to do with anything gay or thailand related. mr.
    impala is right, this is nonsense. who the hell is this dead chick
    and why do we care?
    You're one of those people who writes in to the TV station aren't you?

You know - the kind of person who cannot simply press the OFF button on the remote - but who chooses instead to sit through an entire programme you are not interested in, and then make a song and dance about how much you disliked it.

I feel for you, honestly, I do.

:occasion9:

People are going way off topic but the truth of the matter is that what Scottish Guy did was to post this in a wrong place and ask for special privs to keep it there even though he knew he was wrong when he posted it.
    He says that when I requested a thread to be unlocked it was different because it was for "me". It was for me to show "evidence (remember that word Scottish? "and I have the evidence to prove it") evidence that this board has a lying, cheating, manipulative, horrible person and to allow the ongoing 2 month bullshit to end showing such. But for some unknown reason which I have yet to hear, mr. jinks, with a small j, chose this particular time to lock the thread. After 2 months, and now longtime SGF members would report so as to put the issue to sleep once and for all. Just before they reported, thn and only then did he lock the thread so that nobody would ever know who was lying and who was not.
    That my dear Scottish is the difference. Mine was in the correct place and under the correct thread.