Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moving On

elephantspike

Moving On

I really need to disassociate myself with this website ASAP. I will be deleting it soon.

Smiles started the community which I am thankful to him for, all 275 members on a sub-domain of ezboard. It's a domain with thousands of members and lots of hits from search engines now, though. Different animal now. Whatever. Anyway...

I just don't want to have anything to do with the talk about going up-country to fetch a new batch of "boys" to service you guys, much less do I want to have anything to do with any of these petty infights which have, on at least one occasion, led to the death of a sacred human soul.

I am washing my hands of it. Any data you have on this site that you wish to keep download it and save it.

This domain will be one of those domain space-saving pages by July 4th.

Re: Moving On

Instead of deleting it, would you be willing to pass it on to someone to continue running it?

Liked

A shame... another one bites the dust. :crybaby:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    Instead of deleting it, would you be willing to pass it on to someone to continue running it?
    Good suggestion. Go ahead and quit if you want, but why not ask someone to take it over for you first.? Not all members of this board engage in these kind of fights, and in between all of the petty spats, there is some great information and conversations. Heck, why not give it to Jinks, if nothing else.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What a shame to hear of this... especially when SGT is buzzing along so energetically now.

Would you consider handing it to another owner? Perhaps the current sponsor would be interested. I assume the site generates more advertising revenue than the cash it costs to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephantspike
    I just don't want to have anything to do with the talk about going up-country to fetch a new batch of "boys" to service you guys...
    I hope people can see SGT is about much more than just prostitution in Thailand. Whilst prostitution is a significant part of the gay scene in Thailand and is heavily discussed, SGT still has plenty of discussion on topics unrelated to prostitution here.

There is also a lot of healthy discussion about gay life in other Asian countries in the "Any Country" forum.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

I really need to disassociate myself with this website ASAP. I will be deleting it soon.
    That's sad. I can understand if you want to disassociate yourself and move on, but I don't think that the exchanges here are all that much worse than when Smiles passed it to you. There are peaks and troughs over the years, but this board certainly has a special character which can be frustrating and also enjoyable.

When Smiles wanted to move on, he took the time to find someone else prepared to take on the forum, and rather than just deleting it, it would be appreciated if you could do the same.

This is terrible news, I have been reading here for many years now and when I finally decide to take the plunge, the carpet has been taken away.

I wondered though how long it would last, when you had just a few flamers stopping other genuine posters speaking, so many left at that time to never return, I see some of them have gone to baht-stop now may be they needed a new flaming ground to hide like cowards,The New "gaybuttonthai" forum would not stand their poison pens, they were soon shown the door on that well monitored site.

R.I.P

I just canтАЩt understand why you canтАЩt just hand it on as smiles did to you for free, it will only make chicken fodder on the open domain market. Maybe someone will pay the going price even if you give m a chance.

Liked: 1

I really need to disassociate myself with this website ASAP.
    This is very sad news. But Elephantspike has presided over this website/forum for a number of years, that in itself is worthy of a heartfelt vote of thanks for the mounds of excellent helpful information to have come out of the forum over the years.

I can understand the need to disassociate if the reasons for running this board have changed over the years (different animal now, as ES says) to the extent where ES now is clearly fed up with running it. Over the piece it has been the most consistant fixture in the gay thailand forum world and has always been the main forum to most of the readers/posters interested in gay thailand life. I always felt it to be worth every baht of any annual donation made for the upkeep of the website/forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala
    I don't think that the exchanges here are all that much worse than when Smiles passed it to you. There are peaks and troughs over the years, but this board certainly has a special character which can be frustrating and also enjoyable.
    Yes, i concur with Brad's sentiments, but if it has reached the stage of feeling the need to to disassociate himself ES obviously feels strongly enough that the animal he was associated with at the start has changed sufficiently in his eyes to have him come to this decision.

I would like to add my thanks to Elephantspike for the running of the website which has given very much pleasure over the years to many and although I'm very,very disappointed at his annoucement, wish him the all very best of good heath and best wishes for the future. I certainly hope he may have a change of mind, but from his comments here that doesn't seem likely.

Whatever you decide to do Spike, thanks for the time and effort. Good luck with any future endeavours that may come your way....

ES,

I understand that you wish to call it a day for your own reasons. Good luck and thanks for having the time and patience for running a forum.If you feel it has run its course,so be it.

I have actually tried today to delete all my posts but can't find the function to achieve this, Can you tell me how to do this please or can you delete them all for me?

Thanks for everything,

Kevin.