Quote Originally Posted by pong
for Singy Chinese, thus mainly aimed at that group, and have money to go+visit those countries: go to trevvy.com forum. has some extensive reviews/reports on mainland China etc. And they do know their chinese!
Haha... yeah, I've posted on that forum a few times and might go back to it. Especially if SGT goes. I remember it has some forums and threads on other Asian countries too.

Quote Originally Posted by pong
In fact-OP, with just a tiny bit of thinking this should be pretty obvious. Laos has just opened up for tourism after 2000 and has barely 4 million inhabitants=less as half in the whole of BKK-city.
Yeah, that's true... Cambodia is in a similar boat, less developed and smaller population. I was impressed that Phnom Penh is able to sustain a 7 night a week nightclub (Heart of Darkness) which sees a lot of local gay boys hanging out there each night.

I'm certainly not against the commercial sex bars in Thailand and have enjoyed visiting a good number of them but it would be refreshing to see Cambodia and Laos steer it in a slightly different track so the gay scene isn't so heavily dominated by gogo bars and such.