List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is missing in Gay Thailand... It just came to me...

Re: What is missing in Gay Thailand... It just came to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Patexpat
    Quote Originally Posted by Man4AllSeasons
    Anyone with their fingers on the pulse can see this is happening NOW, not in 5 or 10 years ... the new breed of tourists have very little in common with the sex tourists of old - although of course there are still many of those, but not the same as before. The successful businesses are the ones that are moving with times, not hanging on to 'tried and tested' and now failed - business practices!(quote)Patexpat

Can you give any examples?

As I live here, AND run a business, yes I can. Where do you want me to start? Chinese tourists? Russian? Korean? A demographic split of clients perhaps?

Thanks for the reply, I am interested in knowing what specific business have done to create a viable business model where so many others have failed.

I found the hetrosexual areas of Pattaya are booming,with many new investments in Go Go bars,whilst the Go Go bars in the gay scene have declined .
    I also found the LadyBoy bars that operated far outside the gay areas were doing far better with customers than the gay bars in the gay areas.

<sorry, duplicate post>

Anyone with their fingers on the pulse can see this is happening NOW, not in 5 or 10 years ... the new breed of tourists have very little in common with the sex tourists of old - although of course there are still many of those, but not the same as before. The successful businesses are the ones that are moving with times, not hanging on to 'tried and tested' and now failed - business practices!(quote)Patexpat

As I live here, AND run a business, yes I can. Where do you want me to start? Chinese tourists? Russian? Korean? A demographic split of clients perhaps?

Thanks for the reply, I am interested in knowing what specific business have done to create a viable business model where so many others have failed.

Pat?

Pat?

You'll know him by his Surname:

McGroin.

:occasion9:

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfromkent64

I spoke to several young gay men on vacation in Pattaya and they didn't enjoy it,they were not interested in paid sex and 2 of them were heading back to Bangkok,the other a young professional Chinese guy was going to Phuket.

Great - all the more paid sex for those of us who choose sit on LCR terrace every day counting our liver spots and coughing up phlegm!

Let me tell you, young man, there is nothing worse in this world than emerging from Boyztown after a wonderful evening of world-class entertainment featuring Maisie Trollette, Davina Sparkles, Miss Falkirk, and Dolly John, to find that all the prostitutes have been taken off for free sex by these good looking asian teenagers/20somethings. My God it makes me mad!!! Fortunately, with the Alzheimer's, most of us have forgotten about it within 20 minutes anyway and we go back to talking about WW2.

As for your 2 friends who went off to BKK for free sex, good luck to them! According to one young whippersnapper who posts here, as soon as they hear his plane is touching down, the boys in BKK are lubing themselves up in order to give him free sex that night, so I guess your 2 friends will get their hole no bother at all.

But I fear your Chinese friend en route to Phuket will need to open his wallet as readily as he opens his legs to get any action there. Boys in Phuket make the Pattayan boys look like philanthropists.

Bah, Humbug

:occasion9:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

it seems the young enterpreuners are not willing to invest in the Pattaya Gay scene...
    Gay businesses in Pattaya are dominated by and focused on the commercial sex scene. If you go to Siem Reap (Cambodia), you'll see a heap of gay entrepreneurs who've creatively developed some fantastic hospitality/entertainment businesses outside the commercial sex scene... There are some really nice bars, restaurants, hotels, spas and such founded by gay entrepreneurs there. This kind of thing may attract a younger gay audience... and by "young" I'm not just talking about gays in their 20s only.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    The sleazy prostitite oriented venues that disgust you are the prime reason people come to this forum. if it disgusts you that much why bother hanging around.
    I was talking about my friends. I didn't say it all disgusts me. I'm a little more open minded to the commercial sex scene than most young gay guys I know.

You are not going to change things.
    True. But isn't your long-running interest in discussing how to "attract more gays/young gays to Pattaya" the same?

My main point to you is you've been focusing a lot on how it can be better promoted when in fact, it's the "product" that's the issue. No amount of promotion will attract young gay farang who aren't already visiting to what is currently on offer in the venues you're keen to promote (namely, places like Boyztown and Sunee).

Your comment about backpackers does have merit. Some of the places rented to Thai boys could be converted to backpacker both gay and straight, which could brigten up the beer bars at Jomtien and Sunee. I doubt if anybody in Boyztown 1,2 3 could be bothered getting off the ars to try it out.
    There's plenty of cheap accommodation around... It's the bars and choice of nightlife, which is lacking for younger gays in Pattaya.

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    Facts are younger gay guys are not interested in paying for sex at all...
    True for the most part... and they're certainly not going to be attracted by what's currently aimed at the older generation.

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    Thailand has become more wealthy and affluent and there are a lot more jobs for the Thais, even unskilled for them to do.
    I think this is a great thing...

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    Dear BL from Ozzie dohn yundah: you took the wrong place for that-Samui might be more suitable. Though I think Bali would be far more attractive and closer by for the OZzie addicts, plus they even can speak OZzie style of incomprehensible english there and go surfing
    Of course, you're right. Pattaya would face an uphill battle to do all this...

Liked

easy - 30 years experience in what I do, and NOT a bar/restaurant/entertainment business ... although many of those are in my client base. If you need more info, then pay me for my expertise and consultancy!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Liked

easy - 30 years experience in what I do, and NOT a bar/restaurant/entertainment business ... although many of those are in my client base. If you need more info, then pay me for my expertise and consultancy!
    Excellent reply Patexpat. Damn cheek of the man!

Liked

I spotted a large sign "Dude Man Disco".
    I asked the boy I was eating with about this place and according to him it was once a gay disco,but had closed down,this place was just off South Pattaya Rd,a 10 minute walk away from Tukcom.I wonder what happened there?
    Dude (on Soi Bunkot) closed around 2 years back

At one stage it was the "in" place to go in Pattaya... but its time at the top of the tree was short lived!

At the Time there was X-ray, Dave Man Club and Dude competing for the late night Gay business, X-ray moved to a new premises and the crowdmoved to the new X-Ray

The opening of NAB finally deprived Dude of its remaining customers...and it closed

Incidentally a lot of the bar boys now live on Soi Bunkot and there are at least 6 Boy karaokes in the immediate vicinity (as well as Si Saket restaurant which is full of gay people after closing time(s))
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!