List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is missing in Gay Thailand... It just came to me...

Re: What is missing in Gay Thailand... It just came to me..

Just give people what they want .... unadulterated sex!.......If the right mix of bar girls attracts many young guys why can't the right mix of bar guys attract a young clientele? Maybe just except that the current locations are tired and need to open somewhere else!

Quote Originally Posted by Man4AllSeasons
    Just give people what they want .... unadulterated sex!.......If the right mix of bar girls attracts many young guys why can't the right mix of bar guys attract a young clientele? Maybe just except that the current locations are tired and need to open somewhere else!

Hi,

It has been getting said for years and years by owners who have been in Pattaya a long time that as the older gay clientele were dying off they were not being replaced by more Westerners coming through, It seems it is now coming to fruition.

Facts are younger gay guys are not interested in paying for sex at all, The World has changed with the drug scene is part of everyday night time culture across all developed Countries, hence the populatity of the full moon parites etc.

Pattaya has expanded too fast for the people using the place and add up the bars now to what you had in early nineties or late eighties.

Thailand has become more wealthy and affluent and there are a lot more jobs for the Thais, even unskilled for them to do.

Add to the mix a recession, global melt, political problems in the Country, corruption out of control as it is a non elected puppet prime minister and a military regime, are you surprised it is not what it was.

Even if it reinvents itself, the golden era may be over as we all knew it. That will mean those of you who continue going will have to adapt to the Russian crowds etc or look elsewhere for your holiday destination fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    ...That will mean those of you who continue going will have to adapt to the Russian crowds etc or look elsewhere for your holiday destination fun.
    Absolutely correct summary of the situation.

However, I feel I will be here until the last drag queen pops her clogs, as I cannot see a better offer on the immediate horizon.

:laughing3:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    ...That will mean those of you who continue going will have to adapt to the Russian crowds etc or look elsewhere for your holiday destination fun.
    Absolutely correct summary of the situation.

However, I feel I will be here until the last drag queen pops her clogs, as I cannot see a better offer on the immediate horizon.

:laughing3:
    Well,

If it has done anything at all for me by what happened to me,it has kicked me up the arse to go and get out and explore new places that I would not have done had I stll been sat in Pattaya.

Look for the pluses in life, eh?... :alc:

You make some very good points Bucky,but I doubt whether the current gay bar owners have the motivation or even the interest to do anything to add excitement,and I am talking about the whole of the gay Pattaya business community not just in Boyztown.

As for putting on parties count me in,I love having fun and listening to music,however whether the current gay clientele are interested in this is another thing.(Many of them are younger than me but constantly complain about music being too loud in bars,yet lived through the headbanging period of the 60s and 70s).I think many of them want to feel old.
    A many times I attended the Le Cafe Royal late in the evening to listen to the lovely singing by Toi,and I was the only customer.

I didn't enjoy my last visit to Pattaya,and I am a frequent visitor of around 2-3 times per year.
    I may perhaps leave a 12 month break in between visits this time,but I think this really comes down to the responsibility of the present gay business owners.

Maybe I am just an old fart,and many of you will disagree, but bring me back the old days anytime ..........the days when we actually all got together to have fun and we didn't worry if the music was too loud! :occasion9:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    you have raised the question as to what will attract young farang gays to Pattaya. There is nothing really to make it stand out.
    Lonely, most younger foreigners aren't attracted by Pattaya's dominant commercial sex scene. In fact, it can be a turn off.

The kind of sleazy prostitute-oriented venues you seem keen to promote like Boyztown and Sunee just don't have anything for most of the younger crowd. If I brought any of my gay friends there they'd be bored and disgusted. If I brought any of my straight mates to Walking Street most would be disgusted too.

What advantages Pattaya DOES have to attract younger people currently is...
    From all reports the young straight male has not deserted Pattaya and the bars are just as busy as before. The big question is why straight males will come to Pattaya and other similar places but are staying away from Gay Pattaya. Surely there are straight versions of gayromeo. I know the straight sanuna scene is not as obvious, but it also does not attract a big following either from gays in Pattaya.

The sleazy prostitite oriented venues that disgust you are the prime reason people come to this forum. if it disgusts you that much why bother hanging around. You are not going to change things.

Your comment about backpackers does have merit. Some of the places rented to Thai boys could be converted to backpacker both gay and straight, which could brigten up the beer bars at Jomtien and Sunee. I doubt if anybody in Boyztown 1,2 3 could be bothered getting off the ars to try it out.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

The gay scene in Pattaya for the most part is a "Sit and watch" type of scene and that is geared towards the elderly and those who have little tolerance for the heat. A younger crowd want to move, dance and be active. That is why many will follow the Sonkran festivities from province to province. Remember what it was like to be young and full of energy? I remember being a young dude and Driving to DC one early spring with a friend. We had just enough money for gas, tolls dance club entry and a drink or two. When the bar closed we slept in the car and drove to the Baltimore Inner Harbor to simply walk around and window shop before heading home. We enjoyed it so much that we did it as often as possible!

I imagine Thai guys are no different as they too just want to have fun and will be willing to spend the Baht if they thought the fun was worth it. If you can get the guys to attend the farang will follow because they want to go where the guys are and where the fun is.

I think it is a dam shame that the only place to dance and have fun near the boyztown area is the straight disco on walking street.
    These are the good'ol days

You are so right Bucky.It's mostly the "sit and watch" crowd,actually I get no pleasure in sitting and watching people walk by.
    I was hoping that the next generation could somehow liven things up again but it seems the young enterpreuners are not willing to invest in the Pattaya Gay scene unlike the straight scene which has boomed with new enterprises and ideas.

I spoke to several young gay men on vacation in Pattaya and they didn't enjoy it,they were not interested in paid sex and 2 of them were heading back to Bangkok,the other a young professional Chinese guy was going to Phuket.

I was having dinner one night at one of those fabulous Thai all u can eat 109 baht places when next door I spotted a large sign "Dude Man Disco".
    I asked the boy I was eating with about this place and according to him it was once a gay disco,but had closed down,this place was just off South Pattaya Rd,a 10 minute walk away from Tukcom.I wonder what happened there?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    I
    YEAH... Thailand needs a gay event organizer/promoter.... :occasion:
    No need-anyway, as you likely very well know, a farang cannot even do that job. But there are (already) Thai enough who do just that. Just find a nice Thai freind willing to translate, find one or more of those free give-away mags and see the shows, miss XYZ contests, special offers, mr. Beautiful or whatever parade etc. or those cruises for gay Singy's etc-the latest design beachwear included.
    Dear BL from Ozzie dohn yundah: you took the wrong place for that-Samui might be more suitable. Though I think Bali would be far more attractive and closer by for the OZzie addicts, plus they even can speak OZzie style of incomprehensible english there and go surfing.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Man4AllSeasons
    Anyone with their fingers on the pulse can see this is happening NOW, not in 5 or 10 years ... the new breed of tourists have very little in common with the sex tourists of old - although of course there are still many of those, but not the same as before. The successful businesses are the ones that are moving with times, not hanging on to 'tried and tested' and now failed - business practices!(quote)Patexpat

Can you give any examples?

As I live here, AND run a business, yes I can. Where do you want me to start? Chinese tourists? Russian? Korean? A demographic split of clients perhaps?
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.