List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is missing in Gay Thailand... It just came to me...

Liked

What is missing in Gay Thailand... It just came to me...

I was looking at some of the pictures of Pattaya and was thinking of some of the things I would like to do there, but no one is there to make it happen. I then realized just what a goldmine Pattaya would be to a Philadelphia type event promoter.

I have a friend in Philadelphia who makes his living by putting together events for the gay community. When he is not putting together events in many different bars in Philly, he is hosting bus trips to NYC, Washington DC or Baltimore for a night or a weekend of gay fun. Or he enlists the co-operation of many bars and hotels and will host a weekend in Atlanta, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico during a holiday weekend. Often during one of the gay pride weekends held in that city or island.

I imagine that if he were in Thailand he would be putting together AWSOME beach parties with music, dancing, drinks and a tent of gogo guys if he could get away with it. And if he could not work out arrangements with a hotel at the event sight, he would find one willing and also arrange free transportation to and from the event site to the hotel.

And if no hotel would co-operate than I imagine he would try to find a island where he could put up tents if he had to.

YEAH... Thailand needs a gay event organizer/promoter.... :occasion9:

These are the good'ol days

Liked

Re: What is missing in Gay Thailand... It just came to me..

I doubt there are farangs with the money or younger Thais that can afford the money to pay for these parties. But you have raised the question as to what will attract young farang gays to Pattaya. There is nothing really to make it stand out.

I posted following to the boxing thread. This thread will probably last longer so cut and pasted here.I doubt the nakedness implied in the press reports of the show, will be full frontal.
    posting.php?mode=quote&f=9&p=223862

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    Quote Originally Posted by Man4AllSeasons
    Has anyone ever been to a venue where they had nude Thai boxing?
    You mean like the "put on" boxing rubbish they have in the bar halls? Or real nude boxing? ...I wish!!

Quite a few years back, there was an expat who used to have parties at his house in Pattaya, that featured nude wrestling by Thai boys. I believe he was quite generous with cash prizes plus the contest winner having his choice of the boys to fuck, or smoke him. From memory 2000 baht entry and free drinks.

There was betting on the side and a lot of competition amongst the guests to get boys for some bedroom wrestling later in the evening.
    I can recall some parties where the boys played strip poker, with the loser having to JO or more. There also were "slave" auction parties where the boys put themselves up for the highest bidder. Stunning boys and a lot of money changed hands. Those slave parties were in BKK, wrestling and poker in Pattaya.

Would certainly be more interesting than some of the "hot" shows I have seen in recent years.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

yea great idea, but you're posting it in the wrong place. this forum is the
    wrong crowd for that scene. most posters here are completely unaware
    that there's an entire gay community in thailand outside of the gogo bar scene.
    they assume all gays in thailand are femmy little 19 yr olds from issan
    and live in huts with dirt floors and chickens in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by netrix
    .....they assume all gays in thailand are femmy little 19 yr olds from issan
    and live in huts with dirt floors and chickens in the house.
    Ridiculous comment

- we know some are only 18.

:occasion9:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    you have raised the question as to what will attract young farang gays to Pattaya. There is nothing really to make it stand out.
    Lonely, most younger foreigners aren't attracted by Pattaya's dominant commercial sex scene. In fact, it can be a turn off.

The kind of sleazy prostitute-oriented venues you seem keen to promote like Boyztown and Sunee just don't have anything for most of the younger crowd. If I brought any of my gay friends there they'd be bored and disgusted. If I brought any of my straight mates to Walking Street most would be disgusted too.

What advantages Pattaya DOES have to attract younger people currently is...

(1) Connectivity - quick and easy to get to thanks to its proximity to Bangkok

(2) Value - accommodation and amenities are cheaper and more plentiful than Phuket/Samui

(3) Beach - compared to Phuket/Samui/Krabi it's sh*t but still something...

(4) Existing scale and size to its development - There's already plenty of life and it doesn't need to be built up as other up and coming destinations like Krabi need to be.

To attract a younger gay crowd (and similarly for younger straight crowd) it would need to develop the right mix of selling points. It doesn't have any "natural beauty" to compete with Phuket/Krabi/Samui but it could develop a reputation as a more urban beach "party town" for younger people. At the moment its reputation as a "party town" is more oriented towards older gays in the prostitute scene.

I don't know if Pattaya should bother attracting younger people but if it did, some things it could consider doing are...

(1) Partition the more sleazy commercial sex stuff to specific zones in Pattaya to give the non sex oriented nightlife room to breath. For example it could develop the Jomtien side of Pattaya into a younger and more hip and trendy area, free of commercial sex bars. The same needs to be done if they're to attract families.

(2) Innovate to make the place more hip and trendy... set up late night bars and nightclubs on the beach for young backpackers to party (e.g. like the Full Moon Party)... attract trendy venues like a Ministry of Sound nightclub... attract regular and once-off events to appeal to the younger crowd, like the gCircuit dance parties.

Anyway, Pattaya's brand is so synonymous with sex and prostitution and this kind of transformation takes decades to do (unless you're Singapore or Dubai). It'll be interesting to see if Pattaya has made some in-roads to attract a different crowd (e.g. families or young backpackers) in addition to the current sex crowd 5-10 years from now.

I can recall some parties where the boys played strip poker, with the loser having to JO or more. There also were "slave" auction parties where the boys put themselves up for the highest bidder. Stunning boys and a lot of money changed hands. Those slave parties were in BKK, wrestling and poker in Pattaya.(quote)Lonley Wombat

Christ, sounds great, I would have enjoyed it in my teens let alone now!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    It'll be interesting to see if Pattaya has made some in-roads to attract a different crowd (e.g. families or young backpackers) in addition to the current sex crowd 5-10 years from now.
    Anyone with their fingers on the pulse can see this is happening NOW, not in 5 or 10 years ... the new breed of tourists have very little in common with the sex tourists of old - although of course there are still many of those, but not the same as before. The successful businesses are the ones that are moving with times, not hanging on to 'tried and tested' and now failed - business practices!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Anyone with their fingers on the pulse can see this is happening NOW, not in 5 or 10 years ... the new breed of tourists have very little in common with the sex tourists of old - although of course there are still many of those, but not the same as before. The successful businesses are the ones that are moving with times, not hanging on to 'tried and tested' and now failed - business practices!(quote)Patexpat

Can you give any examples?

[quote="Beachlover"] it would need to develop the right mix of selling points. It doesn't have any "natural beauty" to compete with Phuket/Krabi/Samui

Not since I fet anyway!................ :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

No matter what type of change you made to attract the younger Gay party goer sooner or latter you would find the venues attracting the young Russian crowd with GF or wife and brats in tow. With the 1 bottle of Leo beer for 3 to share. And then the loutish idiots you can see in most European resorts on the Med. Sorry it was a good idea but i think Pattaya would be best left to the Old ferang and his gogo Sweetie's. Both gAY AND sTR8.