Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surfcrest vs Happy Place Scandal Finale! LOCKED again

Surfcrest vs Happy Place Scandal Finale! LOCKED again

As many are aware, Surfcrest made an accusation that he was scammed at Happy Place Bar. Unbeknownst to him, and on another thread, it was shown that ALL entertainment venues in order to get a licence, needed to have installed a CCTV system. His allegations were in fact caught on CCTV and he was invited down to see how he was incorrect which he never did. Scottish Guy and one or two others, dismissed the fact that there was actual cctv footage of the event and what it would reveal. Surfcrest still refused to witness the tape and said "I know what I look like" and that he did not need to see the pictures. That is the general jist of the situation.
    After giving the situation considerable discussion and thought, a few members suggested that the footage be put on U Tube for everyone to see. I thought that this crossed the line of being proper and maybe even legal as the footage showed other people surrounding him.
    What we did was to put out a request for long term SGF members to volunteer to come down and view the footage and give their opinion of what they saw. We had three volunteers, one showed up this evening and reviewed the camera footage which has date and time stamps every one second. He interviewed the person who took the money, which happened to be our assistant manager, and it showed "M" the registered OWNER of Happy Place as cashier that night taking the money and making change.
    I did not ask this person what he was going to say, so I do not know what he will report but I do know that he and his boyfreind were there this evening to see for themselves what this footage would reveal.
    I have opened this thread for the purpose of him giving his report to everyone on SGF when he has completed what he thinks he needs to do to give an unbiased, truthful report, no matter which way it goes. I will still await the two other people who did PM me and volunteer. All having substantial years on SGF.
    At the end of these reports, I hope it is closed.
    :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Liked

Re: Surfcrest vs Happy Place Scandal Finale!

I think most of us who have been following this drama have an opinion of what actually happened.

One thing that I am going to make a conscience effort of doing (because of this situation)is to start carrying a wad of smaller bills instead of just a couple of 1000 baht notes when I go out.

I have been short changed before in bars but it was quickly resolved then and there. In fact I have been shorte changed three times at TOPS supermarket and once at Lotus. Again the key is to confront the "mistake" cough-cough right then and there or at least that has what worked for me.

One obvious trick used by a waiter (when the black leather envelope is used to return the change) is to run away quickly and not wait for a small tip.

Usually at low-end establishments (meaning non 5* places) the waiter will allow you to remove your change and smile hoping for a tip before returning the envelope to the cashier.

It will be interesting to hear if the waiter/manager quickly ran away after returning the change to SF. It will also be interesting to hear the opinions of the long term members who viewed the tape.

I am sure jink's little finger is twitching on the delete button as we wait for the outcome.

Okay......back to the main event. :hello1:
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    ....At the end of these reports, I hope it is closed.
    :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
    Don't we all.

<yawn>

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Don't we all.<yawn>
    I find this more than amusing coming from you as you were screaming and yelling page after page that there was no footage and asking that it be posted etc etc. Calling anyone that came forward might be a plant. And now you say "yawn"?
    Remember your promise. :occasion9:

Re: Surfcrest vs Happy Place Scandal Finale! UNLOCKED

I have been a frequent patron of numerous bars and other haunts around pattaya and jomtein
    and i have never thought of actually checking the change against the bill, after reading this post
    i think i will be a bit more cautious in future and not be so trusting that all waiters are honest,
    BUT i can tell many instances of how much and many times i have been lied to, cheated, and used
    as an atm on legs by bar boys and others from male go go bars, In fact as i am a newbie to this site i am
    going to tell everyone who reads these postings some of the disasters i have had and erxperienced
    aroud these traps for the unwary ( ME, TRUSTED THEM ALL AND WAS CONNED BY THEM ALL ) rotest:

Topic unlocked.

Money talks.

Enough said.

:occasion9:

Why have you got so involved in this Scotty, it's not like you?

Quote Originally Posted by combat
    Why have you got so involved in this Scotty, it's not like you?
    My involvement in this is pretty basic - it has never been a criticism of Happy Place and I have never said ANYTHING negative about the bar (I did say one boy was the spitting image of Stan Laurel but that was merely an observation).
    What I HAVE criticised, Combat, is the proprietor's inability so far to produce the cast-iron, 100% conclusive CCTV evidence of Surfcrest deliberately scamming him, that he has insisted for MONTHS now that he has.

He has now decided that he won't/can't produce it (for reasons of "taste" it seems) and we have to await he pronouncements of 3 un-named volunteers (all unassailable paragons of truth and virtue apparently) who are apparently going to assure us that every word that Unkie has said regarding the CCTV footage is the complete, unvarnished truth.

To ensure that he gets the word out Unkie kicked and screamed at the Mod/Admin of the board, throwing his toys out the pram and threatening to withdraw his support if he didn't get his way.

That kind of bullying behaviour appalls me (it has been evident to me from Day 1) and THAT is why I am involved - but I wish to stress that my "involvement" and interest is restricted to disputing the existance of the allegedly compelling CCTV footage. I have no opinion on who-scammed-who.

Hi Scotty,

i think all valid arguments and points got lost in the 'wok ' a considerable amount of time ago with justme and surfcrest and I have neiher interest nor comment on what occurred.

I am a bit sad that it has become necessary for Jinks and Elephantspike to be forced to get involved when they are busy trying to run a good informative service and a great fun board, to try and calm the situation down with Justme and surfcrest. In this situation we are leading to a face off where nobody wants to be seen to back down. There will be no winners here.

It just doesn't seem that BIG an issue for all the falling out to me??..... :dontknow:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy

I feel it necessary to point out to SGT members that Unkie PM'd me today saying that he had threatened to withdraw all his advertising and funding of SGT unless the Mod/Admin of SGT unlocked this thread so that he could continue this propaganda war about who scammed who between him and Surfcrest..

Note that the thread has duly been unlocked.

I simply give you the information - and can obviously cut and paste Unkie's post publicly to that effect, or forward it privately to any doubting party.

Meanwhile, it is up to the rest of you to make of this what you will.

All I will say is that when I suggested in the past that Unkie seemed to have undue influence on the content of SGT, that suggestion was rubbished. It seems that point has now been well-and-truly proved.
    Scotty Like you I am very angry at what has happened.
    Just an hour ago your original post made a lot of sense d. I have copied from the other thread to here.

There is a lot at stake for this board and 30 pieces of silver has been mentioned in PMs already.

LMTU was allowed to post all his nonsense for $100 donation per year. He even tried for a refund when his membership was cancelled.
    I thought all that shit had finished.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves