List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The only graph that really matters ...

elephantspike

New World Order

There are plenty of resources on the planet to sustain 12 billion people happily. The problem is that the resources are being hoarded by a tiny elite that believe that they own the Earth and that we are breathing "their" air and they want us all to die (and in the meantime pay a substantial portion of our incomes for carbon taxes) . I'm not buying it. Anyone who believes in Population Reduction should step-up and demonstrate their sincerity by killing themselves. I cannot believe how gullible we have become. Now we are begging for world government to cull us like livestock.

Do not despair, haters of humanity and the sheep that follow them, there are plenty of calamities already upon us that will greatly thin our numbers, and unlike The Black Plague, radiation will not produce any future generations that would be immune to its destruction.

God bless and God save Humanity.

Re: The only graph that really matters ...

Then there is this opinion:

Sometime late this year a baby will emerge from the womb of its mother, draw its first breath, and announce its arrival into the world with a tiny cry. Thus will Baby Seven Billion be born.
    Everyone agrees that Baby Seven Billion's birthday - the day that our planet becomes home to seven billion human beings - marks an important milestone. But is it a milestone on humanity's upward path that we should celebrate, or a warning sign of impending catastrophe?
    The prophets of doom and gloom, of population bombs and the baby booms, would have preferred that Baby Seven Billion had never been born.
    We at PRI have a different take on the matter. We believe that the birth of Baby Seven Billion is cause for celebration.

Read the whole article here (it's not very long):
    http://www.lifeissues.net/writers/mo...enbillion.html

Liked

Lest the usual gang of thonglor55-bashers start their constant cry that I am no more than a light-weight peddling facile one-liners (guilty as charged), I should say that I find it unbelievable that people are still repeating the sort of unscientific extrapolation promoted by Paul Ehrlich and the Club of Rome - but then I am constantly surprised by the foolishness of the vast majority (and find it a constant source of amusement). For an opposing view, try http://overpopulationisamyth.com/overpo ... -of-a-myth and for one of many examples about Ehrlich's discredited ideas then http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/ ... l-warming/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    " ... Smiles, why would you care? You'll probably be dead in 20-30 years...."
    This may well feel like an impossibility (given the source), but one of these days, perhaps 20 or 30 years from now, Beachlover will actually tell me/us something I don't know.
    Right now however, the regular infantile twaddle.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Dyed
    I think that anyone expecting a rosy future, in any way, shape, or form, is out of his fucking mind.
    Thai Dyed... What is up with the psychotic crystal ball?

I mean, how could the future be any better? I don't have to live through a military occupation as one of my grandparents did. I don't have to go to war against communist insurgents as my Dad did. I don't have to live in a shitty little hut sharing one small room with several siblings as my Mum did. I won't have to sell my home to put the kids through university as some of my Aunties/Uncles are having to do now... Life's awesome in this day and age!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    I don't have to live through a military occupation as one of my grandparents did. I don't have to go to war against communist insurgents as my Dad did. I don't have to live in a shitty little hut sharing one small room with several siblings as my Mum did!
    There you go, Surfcrest - not Flippino but Vietnamese (as I've been saying for some time)

elephantspike

Hey, I have an idea. How about vertical farming? http://www.verticalfarm.com/

How do millions of people live on a 23 square mile chunk of pavement known as Manhattan without having to literally walk over each other all the time? Well, it's because they live and work in tall buildings. Pretty simple. Farming can be done like this too. Just build up. Its better than everyone dying. Worth a try at least.

The producers of these charts about the population to land mass ratio don't even want to consider that though. They just want us to accept that we all must die. That the planet is broken and that it is not the fault of BP or Tepco, but the fault of you and me because we breathe air. Co2 Bad, Radiation, good.

I am not buying it. There ARE solutions, we just need to find them and make them work.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jinks
    If I get it right there will be no mourners at my burning.
    Some might say you've taken care of that already with your forum moderation efforts. :rolling:
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]