Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two more questions

Two more questions

The first question is quite simple - anyone know where to buy silk filled duvets - I'll be in Bkk, Pattaya and CM.

The second question has probably already been answered at sometime but here goes - I arrive at Bkk at 3pm on a Wednesday - using a pre-booked taxi how long would it take to get to Pattaya. The alternative will be to wait until 7pm and catch the flight up to CM [yes I know there is a flight at 5:15 but with a slight delay in the flight from the UK it wouldn't take much to miss this flight] - if you had the choice which would u do - up to cm first or down to pattaya? [no i don't want to spend a night or 2 in bkk - that's for the end of the holiday.

cheers
    Brian

A question or two for your two questions.

How long is your vacation, and are you looking to relax or looking to get laid non-stop?

This is a short 3 week trip with 1 week in cm, pattaya and bkk. And no, getting laid is not a priority.

Brian

My Verdict

I would pick Chiang Mai then, you can get in that night, have a nice relaxing time, catch up from the jetlag, maybe have a casual night out, and get started the next day. I would rather stay at the airport and fly four hours later than drive even for a short time to pattaya and then drive back a couple of days later. Keep in mind I've never been to Pattaya, but I think Chiang Mai is a great way to start a Thailand vacation.

That's just what I think.

Oh, and I know they had a lot of bedding stuff at Jim Thompson on Suriwong, but I don't know about duvets.

Tripping

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBrian
    This is a short 3 week trip with 1 week in cm, pattaya and bkk
    And this is a holiday?

Liked

Re: Tripping

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBrian
    This is a short 3 week trip with 1 week in cm, pattaya and bkk
    And this is a holiday?
    Well homi what do you call a holiday.

You have said in the past you like to holiday at home.

What is wrong with a 3 week , 3 stop vacation?
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked
    Depending on traffic it is 2 to 2 1/2 hours to Pattaya.

Trip

Last time I travelled from BKK to Pattaya was on a weekday and it took 2 hours exactly by taxi, previously I have travelled on a Friday and Saturday and the trip took considerably longer. Personally I never like scheduling another air journey when travelling such a long distance due to the reason you state, 'what if your flight is delayed and you are stuck at the airport'. Going to Pattaya first means you can exit the arrivals area at the airport and be on your way instead of waiting at the airport for your flight, rushing to catch a plane or worrying over possibly missing it.

Unfortunately I do not think any airline flies from Pattaya to Chang Mai directly, so you would have to taxi back to Bangkok and then catch a flight or do the risky thing again of booking a flight from Pattaya to BKK and then another flight to Chang Mai. Having experience several short delays with Air Asia and one long 4 hour delay with Bangkok Air, I personally would not recommend this.

Enjoy your trip, I still aim to go to Chang Mai as everyone tells me how beautiful it is.

Liked
    Alternative : When you arrive, you can go straight to domestic departure and then book your flight to CM. If no flight available then take a taxi to Pattaya.
    There are several companies desserving CM from BKK : One2Go, Airasia, Orient, bangkokair.... I don't remember all of them, you must check them all.
    A taxi ride to Pattaya is about 2,5 hours from the airport.

Have a nice trip.

Thanks for ur replies guys. Think it's 50/50 as both have their + / - so will have to do the sensible thing and flip a coin.

Any further suggestions on silk filled duvets?

And now a question for Monty {yes I know I can contact him directly but the answer may be of interest to others} What time do you serve breakfast from and to.

Thanks
    Brian