Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the future

the future

Pattaya has changed over the years and many would say not for the better. In my opinion, the 90's were the most fun, but I was younger then and maybe more willing and able to drink and party night after night. Boyztown was happening. I stayed at the Ambiance, drank at BBB and ran across the street to Cafe Royale at 1 or so to continue on. There were a lot of beach boys about some of which I remember fondly and they would hang around BBB in the dance area near the back. Now the scene is quite different. Sunee Plaza is much more popular, the gay Jomtien Beach area, although still not that busy, didn't even exist back then and Boyztown is a shadow of its former self. The Russians have arrived in quite large numbers, the younger guys that used to be around are not as plentiful anymore, the gay venues seem to be struggling somewhat and possibly Pattaya as we once knew it has changed forever. What does the future hold?

Liked

Re: the future

Your comment about the gay beach at Jomtien did not exist in the 90's is wrong. When I arrived in 91 with the latest copy of Spartucas in hand, the gay beach was not only listed, but the look for rainbow flag was the identification of from memory, Litz,s concession
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

I meant the Jomtien Beach area where the hotels and bars are located.....not the gay beach

If, as has been reported, the Ambience has been forced to advertise to the straight crowd then I fear it's the beginning of the end for Boystown.

I too have been coming here since the year 2000 and seen an incredible difference Boyz Town is for want of a better word dead knowing a few of the owners there I feel the drinks are a little over priced and this puts a lot of people off lots of my friends who have been coming here for years just wont come back and this is the big shame, yes sunee plaza is cheaper buy one get one free but doesnt feel the same to me but people will go where its value for money.
    Also the boys have changed its all about the money now I was with a boy for 3 months paid him well sent him money only to come back after 1 day he said he had to go back to bangkok to sort out some kind of visa that was over a week ago I bought from the uk clothes and 2 rings one being diamond because I thought he loved me I know find out he has a Thai boyfriend yes you can call me stupid nieve for a man of 42 but I had no reason to doubt his intentions now its all about the money I dont get why they have to hurt people why not just be honest id much prefer that, but i keep falling for the same ole same the last one before this was straight and had a girlfriend and again i didnt know so now im mystified how a thai brain works.

Quote Originally Posted by panlover
    im mystified how a thai brain works.
    They have a brain?

Liked

Ambience has been forced to advertise to the straight crowd
    Where did you hear that??
    Has anyone seen any straight people at the Ambience?? I'm planning to stay there in April, but will change my mind if straight guys start stayinjg there.

I have not seen it advertise to the straight crowd. They do welcome straight people that do enjoy hanging around a gay crowd, feel safe and want to see the shows. Should be no problem there. Ambiance is ok and Copa Hotel is better.
    :love4:

No need to worry - str8 ppl will only stay there if they have a burning desire.

:occasion9:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    I have not seen it advertise to the straight crowd.
    :love4:
    Check out Agoda - but by and large very positive reviews.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.