Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New on board

New on board

Hi all - Im paul from London

new to the forum but not to Thailand.

Will be in BKK from 11th may for 3 weeks if anyone has anything interesting to pass on i`d appreciate it.
    Am open to meeting up for dinner etc - nothing solid planned yet. I also plan pattaya & hopefully samed island trips.

Anyone have any idea if ICON group is gone for good or are they going to open new hotels? I used to adore the ICON pattaya - miss staying there.

Liked

Welcome!

Hi Paul! Welcome! I believe that the Icon Hotels are gone for good -- but don't quote me on that. I am in Pattaya and am always happy to meet new travellers! I am easy to find in Soi Day Night One at my restaurant, Niddy's Nook.

Fondly,
    Chris

www.niddysnook.com

Re: Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by American Teacher
    Hi Paul! Welcome! I believe that the Icon Hotels are gone for good -- but don't quote me on that. I am in Pattaya and am always happy to meet new travellers! I am easy to find in Soi Day Night One at my restaurant, Niddy's Nook.

Fondly,
    Chris

www.niddysnook.com
    thanks chris - will make a point of calling in!

WHats the hotel situation like in pattaya at moment - easy to get a decent room?
    I used to always stay at ICON - so now i need explore more hotels

Liked
    Welcome to the Board Oogleman.

One thing you might try is the excellent search engine on this Board. The hotlink is at the top of the page, or just click here: http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/search.php

Just plug in the hotel names you're already aware of into the "KEYWORDS" field. A few hotels which have review type threads lately have been Howards and The Bondi.
    But there are many others which have been mentioned over the last few months, so why not try a more general search (e.g. "Pattaya hotels" or just simply "hotels").

It's a start anyway.

Cheers ...

PS . . . as long as your second post (the double posted one down below) has received no replies you can go back to it and delete it yourself. You'll find the delete button in the top right corner of the message. If someone has replied however, the self-delete feature is not available.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Re: New on board

Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    Hi all - Im paul from London
    Will be in BKK from 11th may for 3 weeks if anyone has anything interesting to pass on i`d appreciate it.
    Have you contacted White Desire? He's in London too. I think he has something to pass on to you but I'm not sure you'd appreciate it.

Re: Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by American Teacher
    I am easy to find in Soi Day Night One at my restaurant, Niddy's Nook.
    Yes, simpy follow the trail of old, bald, fat men throwing up on one another and you'll be there.

Liked

Re: New on board

Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    Anyone have any idea if ICON group is gone for good or are they going to open new hotels? I used to adore the ICON pattaya - miss staying there.
    Manathai Boutique Hotel in Phuket and C'mai though not "gay" anymore and sadly lacking the bamboo and other "cute" decorations

bkkguy
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

WHats the hotel situation like in pattaya at moment - easy to get a decent room?
    I used to always stay at ICON - so now i need explore more hotels
    I save a bundle by reserving a condo through Dragoncastle. 20,000 Baht (Includes utilities.) for five weeks at View Talay in Jomtien. I'll ne there in two weeks for my second stay at the same condo. If you can beat that at a hotel, go for it, and bring your own can of Raid bug spray. Does not include maid service but you can get it cheap.

Liked

Poseiden is better than Icon and I recommend

I stayed in icon in Pattaya once. Apart from the pool I was not that excited

If you are looking for that quality plus then try Poseiden

http://www.poseidon-pattaya.com/

other hotels are listed at

www.pattayagay.com

Poseiden is in the same soi as Bondi and other places recommended. Look for the Jomtien map.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

thanks for the warm welcome and the suggestions. Wooly moof ? think all my life lol!

Miss sybil - i think im gonna like you!