Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya Boys VS Bangkok Boys

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya Boys VS Bangkok Boys

many boys travel between those 2 places-and seem quite able to adapt to local circumstances. Talking money: Phuket is said to be even more ikspinsif as BKK-no personal experience, never been further as the airport there. PLus that there is also a marked difference between the up-scale frenzy Soi tweye-leye/Hotmail bars and the suburban venues in BKK. Same-same as for the price of a plate of fly-lice/khao phat.
    For the OP: suggest visiting the cool rose in the north- Chiang Mai. or those real Isan towns, like Udorn or Khorat, where the boys may follow the initial training course to be able to pas the Khorat examinations.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Brad the Impala wrote:
    When was it aesthetically acceptable to sit around having a beer in a bar in shorts in the capital?

You're taking the piss, right?
    Since when were pot-bellied, bug-ugly, be-wigged, armpit-stinking, varicose-veined, predatory homos, aesthetically acceptable? Yet BKK is infested with them.
    Think about THAT when your sitting in @ Richards in your dinner suit and dicky bow, sipping vintage champagne, darling.
    What you on about NOW scottish-guy? There may be an infestation of the above in the areas YOU go to in Bkk, but in my experience Brad is spot on, I have never come accross the Pattaya/sunee 'style' of sitting around in shorts having a beer in Bkk. Where in Bkk would this be then? The last time I was in Rachada there were NO farangs, in soi 4 Silom (not my favourite place) soi 2 silom and the Suriwong gay hang-outs...the only shorts I came accross were attached to the arse of young Japanese tourists who tend to wear the same stuff day and night, apart from that no other shorts in sight and certainly NOT an infestation of........
    pot-bellied, bug-ugly, be-wigged, armpit-stinking, varicose-veined, predatory homos

You're talking shite SG, that is Pattaya you have described in one sentence not Bkk......seems you can't go very long without posting a contrary, button-pushing 'view' irrespective of its accuracy.

No surprise of course that Scottish-guy's "audience" (namely Beachlover) decided that SG and Brad are both right. How can opposite views 'both be right' Beachlover? You said yourself Bkk sexpats are more "self aware" than Pattaya/Sunee dwellers, that means you AGREE with Brad right? Don't worry about upsetting your little scottish pal you ARE permitted to have an opinion of your own you know.

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    Talking money: Phuket is said to be even more ikspinsif as BKK-no personal experience, never been further as the airport there. .
    Just my personal experience but I would say that the "delights" on offer in Phuket are AS expensive as BKK but not any more so.
    Both places are, of course, considerably more expensive than Pattaya.

Can't offer any opinion on the price of a plate of rice though!!

:rolling:

Quote Originally Posted by Alaan

Since when were pot-bellied, bug-ugly, be-wigged, armpit-stinking, varicose-veined, predatory homos, aesthetically acceptable? Yet BKK is infested with them.
    Think about THAT when your sitting in @ Richards in your dinner suit and dicky bow, sipping vintage champagne, darling.
    Blah...Blah...Blether....Blether...Rhubarb...Rhuba rb...Shite...Shite...Pish...Pish...Rant..Rave
    Very upsetting to see Alaan getting his knickers in a twist again .... isn't it time for your sedative dear? [/quote]

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I end up going to BKK for my weekend fun because most of the Thai gays in Pattaya that you run into are 25 or younger, expecting money. The only thing these money boys have going for them is that they are ...young. And it seems that the majority of the Pattaya farang cliental (mostly retired) go for that skinny, fem type. Meanwhile, you have more of a variety (skinny, athletic, muscular; university student/ career oriented) in BKK since it is a big international city with more than just tourists who live there. Just like any big city, the young generationthere is tuned into fashion, music, and just more "with it". With what I have seen, there are very few Pattaya money boys that go to the gym to stay in shape (but why should they when they are told how beautiful they are by someone who is 50 years older than they are?); meanwhile it is the norm in Bangkok for many gays to take care of themselves. Also, the gays in Bkk know how to dress better than the country boys that are stuck in Sunnee plaza; infact, I ran into a fellow in Boyztown the other day and he had never been to north Pattaya. True, the commercial boys are in Bangkok; but one can also run into Thai gays who (like in the West) have full time jobs/careers and just want to meet/ chit chat over a drink at one of the gay bars. The "non commercial" gays here (older than 25 that have jobs) wouldn't be caught dead sitting in Sunee Plaza or at Panorama because they would be labeled as a "money boy". -Different in BKK.

True, I imagine the commercial part of the "money boys" in BKK is more savy, demanding more money...but that is the case in any large city. I

Liked

Very upsetting to see Alaan getting his knickers in a twist again .... isn't it time for your sedative dear?
    [/quote]

Sorry I'm a TRUE Scotsman, dont bother with all that nonsense under MY kilt! Just love it when Scottish-guy gets upset whenever somebody doesn't applaud his every utterence, "time for a sedative" wow! how very original.....Don't like 'contrary' views to your own...do you? Are you some kind of 'Edinburgh based theatre luvvy' who exists only for fawning appreciating fans? and then turns rather sulky and bitter when none appears? poor didums!

Blah...Blah...Blether....Blether...Rhubarb...Rhuba rb...Shite...Shite...Pish...Pish...Rant..Rave
    This is the usual gibbering response(do you have some kind of stammer poor thing?) we get from a bitter attention-seeker when things dont go to plan ....e.g.. not receiving a compliant, gushing response from his fanclub (that would be Beachlover again). Not much in the way of a witty reponse this time is there? Don't fret I'm sure Beachy will wade in shortly with your self-esteem pick-up.

What a very sad and pitiful response mr Quippy. Never mind it cheered me up!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No surprise of course that Scottish-guy's "audience" (namely Beachlover) decided that SG and Brad are both right. How can opposite views 'both be right' Beachlover? You said yourself Bkk sexpats are more "self aware" than Pattaya/Sunee dwellers, that means you AGREE with Brad right? Don't worry about upsetting your little scottish pal you ARE permitted to have an opinion of your own you know.
    Read their comments and mine again, Alaan.

- Brad is basically saying it's not acceptable to sit around like some uncouth Pattaya sexpat in Bangkok.

- Scottish is saying it's not acceptable to look and act like that anywhere, yet some farangs still do it in Bangkok.

Neither of them contradict each other, yet for someone reason, they thought they did and went to war... :happy7:

Don't know why Scottish gets up your urethra but I find him witty and you are usually quite reasonable when not ranting about him...

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    most of the Thai gays in Pattaya that you run into are 25 or younger, expecting money. The only thing these money boys have going for them is that they are ...young. And it seems that the majority of the Pattaya farang cliental (mostly retired) go for that skinny, fem type. Meanwhile, you have more of a variety (skinny, athletic, muscular; university student/ career oriented) in BKK since it is a big international city with more than just tourists who live there. Just like any big city, the young generationthere is tuned into fashion, music, and just more "with it". With what I have seen, there are very few Pattaya money boys that go to the gym to stay in shape (but why should they when they are told how beautiful they are by someone who is 50 years older than they are?); meanwhile it is the norm in Bangkok for many gays to take care of themselves. Also, the gays in Bkk know how to dress better than the country boys that are stuck in Sunnee plaza; infact, I ran into a fellow in Boyztown the other day and he had never been to north Pattaya. True, the commercial boys are in Bangkok; but one can also run into Thai gays who (like in the West) have full time jobs/careers and just want to meet/ chit chat over a drink at one of the gay bars. The "non commercial" gays here (older than 25 that have jobs) wouldn't be caught dead sitting in Sunee Plaza or at Panorama because they would be labeled as a "money boy". -Different in BKK.I
    Totally agree with your assessment of the difference between meeting boys in Pattaya and meeting boys in Bangkok, Thrillbill.

Pattaya is full of sexpats who do nothing but lurch from prostitute to prostitute and think any and every Thai out there is a willing to have sex with them for cash. This is obviously going to influence how the Thai boys who live/work there (even if they're not bar boys) think and behave... Many of them will just become full on moneyboys.

In my opinion, Pattaya is the worst place (between BKK/CM/Pattaya) to find a genuine non-commercial hook up or look for an eligable long-term relationship partner. It's a holiday town mainly catering to sexpats. Bangkok is a real city where the sexpat population comprises only a small segment of the population and has little influence on most Thais.

..(voluminous amounts of total and barely literate drivel)...
    If I were an "Edinburgh based theatre luvvy" I would perhaps designate you as a "Tosseur".

But since I originate from Glasgow, I'll settle for "wank"

:occasion9:

Liked

Alaan wrote:
    ..(voluminous amounts of total and barely literate drivel)... If I were an "Edinburgh based theatre luvvy" I would perhaps designate you as a "Tosseur".
    But since I originate from Glasgow, I'll settle for "wank"
    Haven't you got it out of your system yet luvvy? ......more of the SAME yadee.....yadee...yadee...ya! My you are a miserable little irritation. We hear so much from you when your (apparently) witty put-downs of others such as Nirish guy,(no surrender!? how more idiotic can you actually get?) attract back-slapping recognition.........however when somebody flags the fact your are talking utter shite.........

Don't know why Scottish gets up your urethra but I find him witty and you are usually quite reasonable when not ranting about him
    Don't fret I'm sure Beachy will wade in shortly with your self-esteem pick-up.
    There now! Told you he wouldn't let you down 'Scottish'. And right on cue after his little pick-me-up for you, here you are "at it again".

Read their comments and mine again, Alaan.
    Yep..did that...and?

Brad is basically saying it's not acceptable to sit around like some uncouth Pattaya sexpat in Bangkok.
    - Scottish is saying it's not acceptable to look and act like that anywhere, yet some farangs still do it in Bangkok.
    Neither of them contradict each other, yet for someone reason, they thought they did and went to war...
    I think perhaps this opening line of
    didn't quite convince Brad that 'scottish' was on his side. However Beachlover if you still can't see the obvious there isn't really any point of trying to convince you otherwise.

If anyone is in any doubt just as to why this forum is not picking up on posting numbers yet the flooders-forum at gaybuttonthai has reams of new posts on a daily basis should read the thread started by Nirish guy [Expecting anyone from the uk DON'T BE:] it will be PERFECTLY CLEAR just why new or potentially new posters can't be bothered trying to post interesting and informative posts here. My opinion only of course.

I

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Don't take Scottish so seriously. He's not here to be serious. He occasionally posts interesting and informative content, but for the most part he's just here to be witty. And in my opinion, he's great at that. Just don't take him seriously or personally.

If anyone is in any doubt just as to why this forum is not picking up on posting numbers yet the flooders-forum at gaybuttonthai has reams of new posts on a daily basis should read the thread started by Nirish guy [Expecting anyone from the uk DON'T BE:] it will be PERFECTLY CLEAR just why new or potentially new posters can't be bothered trying to post interesting and informative posts here. My opinion only of course.
    I just logged in here and there are 14 unread threads.

On GayButtonThai there might be more posts than SGT but 90% of them are about Baggy Underwear, Pinch me when the high season starts, Poo (shit, literally), pedos, bare backing, HIV and all the other typically sleazy and disgusting topics, which creepy sexpats lurching from prostitute to prostitute with nothing productive or fulfilling in their lives and zero self awareness talk about. The forum is led by a complete hypocrite with less self awareness than 90% of the farangs who post on his board.