Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gay Phnom Penh, Cambodia Trip Report

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Gay Phnom Penh, Cambodia Trip Report

Thanks, Boy! Glad you found it useful.

Hope you have a smooth recovery from the kidney stone op. Have a great trip - 7 weeks is a long trip! Hope you'll post here after your trip too. Especially if you visit other countries.

Link to Siem Reap trip report is here, in case it gets lost from this in future: any-other-country-f15/gay-siem-reap-cambodia-trip-report-t20493.html

Liked

Love the detailed report!
    I Love You Too

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Update: I found the business card to this great guesthouse for Phnom Penh in my suitcase and have their details now:

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    I checked out a great guesthouse in the next block North of the FCC with decent rooms with balconies overlooking the river, which was only $25 to $35/night, which was great but lost the business card - sorry. They didn't have a website. If anyone has info, please post.
    Sunny Internet Cafe - Apartment & Guesthouse
    Lek Sovannarith
    Tel: (855) 2369 07 650
    Mobile: (855) 12 84 20 36
    E-mail: lek_sovanrith at yahoo.com

351 & 353 Sisowath Quay,
    (20 metre from FCC)
    Phnom Penh, Cambodia

This guesthouse is fantastic value because it's right on the waterfront at Sisowath Quay overlooking the Mekong River, but unlike the USD$100/night+ Foreign Correspondent Club next to it their rooms start from around $25, if I recall correctly (contact them to check).

I went to check out their rooms when I was there (reception is the internet cafe at the front, but room access is via security door and stair case round the back) and they're clean, spacious, reasonably well appointed and actually quite nice. Just make sure you get one with a balcony overlooking the river (other rooms are cheaper but not so nice and no natural light). All in all, pretty good value for a quarter of the price of the FCC and at least half the price of any other waterfront hotel I checked out.

The downside is they don't have a website (might be why they're so cheap), which is why I've put their contact details above. I only found it because I was walking along and noticed they had a big signboard/poster promoting their rooms with images of their rooms in front of the internet cafe.

I think this place is a great find. If you're looking for accommodation for the $25-$35/night range in Phnom Penh you can't go past this place.

One of the photos I took has the place in the background. I cut it out to show here so you have an idea of what it looks like:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Sunny Internet Cafe - Apartment & Guesthouse
    Lek Sovannarith
    Tel: (855) 2369 07 650
    Mobile: (855) 12 84 20 36
    E-mail: lek_sovanrith at yahoo.com

351 & 353 Sisowath Quay,
    (20 metre from FCC)
    Phnom Penh, Cambodia
    I noticed there's a favourable review with some photos on Tripadvisor so you can see what the rooms inside look like now: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... _Penh.html