Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: I heard boy is CNX is much more relaxed and friendly

I heard boy is CNX is much more relaxed and friendly

light skin, and cute looking. May be this is a good alternative to Bangkok. I will make a plan to visit the northern region on this trip as well. Any recommendation ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: I heard boy is CNX is much more relaxed and friendly

I think Chiang Mai Thais tend to speak in a more gentle manner. I've heard that to them, the big city Bangkok Thais can sound more sharp and abrupt.

The light skin thing depends on whether they are Thai-Thai or Chinese-Thai. I think both types from Chiang Mai are quite cute.

In the commercial (money boy) gay bars in Chiang Mai you'll find a lot of boys from Burma and minority tribes like the Shan and Akha, hill tribe boys... I think they are quite handsome.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In CMX the Thai is more slowly, and as such more easy to understand/learn for farang.| But if you have no grasp of the phaasaa |Thai whatsoever, it is still pretty much abacadabra.
    he BKk-people are among the |Thai rumoured to be the 'sweet mouthed'' ones (bak waan), not as such abrupt. That prize goes without any doubt to the southern Thai, who speak both more fast and omit many essential sounds-making then unintelligible for many a Thai too.
    For the original poster: yes Chiang Mai is a beautiful city with also siad to have the prettiest women of Thailand (that simply means theitr skin is fairly white-ish). The usual sites like this one, gaythailand, dreadedned, tmmsociety, gaymassagegay or utopia-asia give you the basic info for gay places. expect none of them to be correct or 100% complete. From BKK the trip can be done by footm, bycycle, train, bus, or fly, both as cheap no-frills (air asia) opr full-service (TG=THAI). it also has direct flights now to KUL on Air Asia and to SINgapore.
    The usual basic tourist info is as always in any uptodate travel guidebook. There are various hilltribes (chao doi) but not all have boys going gay-some forbid this. But yoyu can also hit any| Thai from afar, incl. the usual Isan/lao etc. types. I once hit a very nice student-from BKK and ''hiding'' away from his upperclass parents.

Liked

Chiang Mai is a nice alternative to Bangkok. The commercial boys, as stated previously by Beachlover, tend to be Shan from Burma or hill tribe and the latter especially can be disarmingly handsome and are of course pretty much all straight. Because the commercial scene isn't anywhere nearly as extensive as BKK or Pattaya, you might want to plan only a couple of nights knowing you can extend if you like it. When I've had friends in, by the third day they're usually delighted to be heading on back to a party town, especially if they have limited holiday time.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    I think Chiang Mai Thais tend to speak in a more gentle manner. I've heard that to them, the big city Bangkok Thais can sound more sharp and abrupt.

The light skin thing depends on whether they are Thai-Thai or Chinese-Thai. I think both types from Chiang Mai are quite cute.

In the commercial (money boy) gay bars in Chiang Mai you'll find a lot of boys from Burma and minority tribes like the Shan and Akha, hill tribe boys... I think they are quite handsome.
    Out of pure curiosity, have you ever been to Chiangmai?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes... a few years ago.