Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban the Trolls

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ban the Trolls

Spike and Jinks,

There are 3 trolls who are ruining this forum - their presence being obvious to all. It's time to show them the door. Yes, they will re-appear with new handles, but will find it impossible to conceal themselves - which is when you ban them again and again, and again if necessary. By doing this you can possibly save our forum - with the full support of the overwhelming majority of good members we do have. By ignoring this, I truly believe that the days of SGT are limited.

Ask Smiles to show you his "ignor list" if there's any confusion regarding their identity.

It's not my nature to complain about things like this - and can usually hold my own during troll attacks, but it's simply not fare to the overwhelming majority of forum members who would like to actively participate in our discussions, although don't because of their fear of being attacked and ridiculed by these idiots. Every single time I post a trip report I receive PM's from this silent majority - who always go on to say that they are sending me a PM because they are afraid to post their comments publically. These are guys I've never heard of...total strangers...but have to hide their heads in the sand because of a few mental cases who have figured out how to operate a keyboard...what gives?

I've never once read the forum policies - but don't have to. Any time a person joins a public forum for the sole purpose of insulting, ridiculing and baiting its members into fights is grounds to ban him. If that's not in this forums poilicy -then I suggest you get your pens out and start writing.

Enough is enough.

It's times like this that I find myself really missing the old Pattaya Gay Forum days. I would take Hedda back in a minute as compared to some of the numb sculls we have to deal with now....even Thai Boxer had more substance- and that's reaching deep in the barrel...hehehehehe

Liked

Re: Ban the Trolls

Right on Dodger.
    I hate to give these trolls the recognition they crave (trust me, that's all they crave. or need), but this attack is very serious indeed. These pigs don't care about our Board, about Thailand, and anything really ... they care about their ability to create destruction, an ability which is handed to them on a silver platter by an passive Admin and a wildly inconsistent Moderator.
    It's hard to believe the number of decent and reasonable Members Sawatdee has lost over the very recent past. These losses will continue.

I wrote a PM to Elephantspike about this situation the other day: his very short reply was to put them on Ignore. This even though he has a set of Guidelines which specifically state that trolling is a guideline violation.

The handles of these trolls are: CastityBoi; Nowvoyager; Homesoon, and Oops He Did it Again
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Agreed. And Spike / Jinks, if you guys are that busy, put a couple guys like Smiles and Dodger up to moderators. Would enhance your board, maybe you'd get a good number of new members, increasing your ad revenue. You could probably even find people to do it for free, so they don't have to wade through the bullshit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Right on Dodger. I wrote an PM to Elephantspike about this situation the other day: his very short reply was to put them on Ignore. This even though he has a set of Guidelines which specifically say that trolling is a guideline violation.
    Well said Smiles. I have PM'd my support to Dodger, but will add to the "put them on ignore" comment you received in answer from the moderators. Yes in some cases it helps, but with a certain pair (names not required) who might answer a post an untold number of times, one of them even answers himself, having them on ignore ruins what might have originally started out as a very good post and does not fix the problem. Once another poster quotes with a reply it's all there to read whether the 'ignore' is used or not. Occasional sarcasm and witty comments can be a good thing, and indeed lighten some posts, but trying to be sarcastic or witty when you are clearly not is a different thing altogether.

The handles of these trolls are: CastityBoi; Nowvoyager; Homesoon, and Oops He Did it Again
    and please don't forget to ban Beachlover - he replies to every thread, several times. He must be on this board 24/7 writing out his inane bon mots which contribute absolutely F... all to anything.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I am also in agreement with Dodger..
    The problem lies in how to define who is a troll and while it seems obvious
    to many of us, the line between a troll and an idiot can be very thin..

For reasons beyond my ken, jinks gives everyone second, third, fourth, etal chances
    and then the same shit hits the fan and he finally bans and deletes them..
    Why it is necessary to go thru this long painful process boggles my mind..
    I would end the misery as soon as the troll showed himself but hey maybe that
    is why I am not the moderator here..

We can turn to other gaythailand forums but they can be tepid and dull.. Topics
    can expand endlessly about trivial points and the same few posters express the
    same opinions endlessly and it often turns out to be a big yawn..
    The smaller forums are too inbreed and the posters know each other, dine or socialize
    together and have their own private humour, which is deadly boring ..
    If I want to read a blog, I will read a blog and not an inbreed forum.

So, my unrequested and probably unheeded advice, is to report all offensive postings
    using the report feature (it is the red!) and send jinks your thoughts on pms..
    btw, my ignore list is much larger than those few listed here and oops is not on it..
    also beachlover is in my top ten list of best posters..
    Like elephantspike, I have also advised using the ignore feature (foe list) but the constant
    quoting of the trolls forces one to see their silly nonsense anyway but it is still a good idea.. :idea:

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    also beachlover is in my top ten list of best posters
    Beachlover is in my top ten too, he brings verve to the forum.

Liked

I'd like to add my name to this call, for what it's worth. The board has become very tedious lately.

In defence of Beachlover, he may be young and naive, but his heart is in the right place.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Oops He Did It Again
    WTF did I do wrong?

At least when I post information (ahem, Dodger -- Mr. Mae Sot) it is accurate.
    You get my positive vote Oops....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by SilomRimmer

and please don't forget to ban Beachlover - he replies to every thread, several times. He must be on this board 24/7 writing out his inane bon mots which contribute absolutely F... all to anything.
    Righto... and what about your many different handles?.... Miso, Stop, SilomRimmer, Homintern, CopperPheel to name a few.