Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Siem Reap gay hotel

Liked

Re: Siem Reap gay hotel

"i will be staying at the mens resort in siam reap anybody stayed there? are any of he staff offable?"

In a word.. No.

The sauna/spa area gets lively for a brief period each evening, and if your looks are half decent you might get some fun there, but bear in mind that Cambodia goes to bed early - by 10pm it's dead and buried.

If you're braver than I was, tell one of the tuk tuk drivers who hang around outside that you want a boy, and report back on where they took you...

Liked

Whilst my last post may have been brutally honest, I wasn't trying to kill the thread..

I'd guess that 80-90% of gay visitors to SE Asia have commercial sex high on their agenda, and of those who don't, the great majority are in committed relationships. A few young guys come to have fun on the back of their youth and looks, but few is the operative word..

This leaves places like Men's a bit high and dry - designed for casual encounters, but only tolerant and not proactive when it comes to money boys.

In many ways, I liked the place, but I would only go back there if I knew there was a safe and relatively hassle free source of cute young money-driven guys in the vicinity that I could enjoy.

The question is, is there? Without that, I suspect the place will lack enough return custom to remain viable...

Liked

i gave up a long time ago staying in over priced gay only resorts Not only in cambodia but any where in the world

Liked

From what I believe, hotels like Mens should not risk having their staff doubling up as money boys. Then the establishment resembles a brothel, which is likely to attract the attention of the police. I've seen reports of at least one Cambodian hotel ownere having trouble there.
    Regarding their survival, well if they manage to get half the occupancy at double the price, I think they have about the same change of surviving as any other hotel.
    However, I'm not likely to be one of their customers. If there is a gay hotel which meets my needs and is at a competitive price, I'm happy to book it. But I'm not going to pay a significant extra sum.
    In Asia, I have stayed in gay hotels, normal hotels and a hotel attached to a straight gogo bar. My male overnight guests were welcome in all cases, although there has been the occasional scowl from some obese farang female @ breakfast. The kind who probably don't get any action in bed themselves.

In Phnom Penh, I've stayed at the Manor House once (gay) & The Silver River twice (normal). I prefer the location of the Silver River and the standard is higher.
    All 3 visits to Siem Reap involved staying at Ei8ht Rooms (gay, mixed), although it has now closed and I would have been looking for something slightly better on the next trip in any case.
    In Sihanoukville, I stayed at Cheers (gay), but believe it's no longer gay only, due to lack of demand.
    In Kep, Kampot & Battambang, I did not stay in gay hotels. Not that I'm aware of any.
    Last edited by goji; May 22nd, 2016 at 22:12.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    All 3 visits to Siem Reap involved staying at Ei8ht Rooms (gay, mixed), although it has now closed and I would have been looking for something slightly better on the next trip in any case.
    ** 8th -> **+ River Queen -> *** Rambutan -> **** Men's

Liked

I saw this place called Arthur and Paul mentioned in an email from Fridae (I think). They are located in PP, but they list a number of "partners" that includes properties in SR and elsewhere
    http://www.arthurandpaul.com/partners.html

Liked

"Then the establishment resembles a brothel"

Discretion is everything..

I recall in the mid eighties staying (on biz) in an upmarket hotel in the PI. The bell boy very politely explained where everything was in my room, and then without pausing for breath added 'and would you like a girl sir?'

Places like Men's could learn from that - you don't need a crowd of MBs touting for business and giving the BiB a reason to pay an official visit, but a discreet enquiry when a single farang checks in and a supply of fit lads who can be called as needed; would offend no-one and be appreciated by many..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Arthur & Paul is only one establishment, in Phnom Penh, no other locations. The "partners" are just advertising links. In Siem Reap, only the MENs hotel would be very similar to A&P.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    Arthur & Paul is only one establishment, in Phnom Penh, no other locations. The "partners" are just advertising links. In Siem Reap, only the MENs hotel would be very similar to A&P.
    The staff do play at A&P after hours. A cute barman spent one night cuddled up to me and the next night involved a threesome with two of the masseurs. Recommended.

10. User who gave Like to post:

fedssocr (May 26th, 2016)