well got the email back and guess what
    "We accepted joiner fee without charge if you stay for 6 nights."
    so ive just save my self a few $$$$$$$$$$

thanks for that goji

paperboy

Liked

Re: Siem Reap gay hotel

Glad to be of assistance Paperboy.
    I usually also keep a copy of such e-mails, just in case it's necessary to remind the hotel about the deal.

Liked

Apologies for resurrecting this old thread, but wanted an update on options for Siem Reap. I am thinking of heading there in a month and bringing a Cambodian friend with me. I wanted a gay/gay-friendly hotel accommodating my friend, and an additional third (different one every night/day) if we pick someone up. Anyone have any experience getting three total people in a room without it being an issue?

Liked

I had no problem in Golden Banana (Rambutan)

5. User who gave Like to post:

numazu (April 3rd, 2016)

Liked

Awesome thanks. Is it walkable to the gay bars?

Liked

Yes - Rambutan is a short walk away from all of the action which is over the bridge on the other six of the river. Perhaps a little over 5 minutes. Rambutan is gay owned and gay friendly, but when I was there were families with young children staying too and playing in the pool.

8. User who gave Like to post:

numazu (April 3rd, 2016)

Liked

My guess is that most places won't give you any trouble. What's your budget? I stayed at the Shinta Mani Club recently. Lots of gay staff and gay GM. Very upscale though. However as long as you're discrete I think you would be fine. I am certain they've encountered gay couples before. Not sure about the rotating 3rd. There's a pretty high guest-to-staff ratio. I think I would probably opt for somewhere with less service for what you have planned. I had an awesome time there. The whole town has a pretty gay vibe. Lots of gay wait staff in restaurants for example (or my gaydar was just way off...but I don't think so).

10. User who gave Like to post:

numazu (April 4th, 2016)

Liked

As per my experience you'll be OK in three almost everywhere in Siem Reap. Hotel's will just ask to pay third breakfast, towel and bathrobe. I'm sure in that in Rambutan/Golden Banana and in Men's resort. GB is just over the river from old town, Pub street and old night market. Men's is much far by Siem Reap's scale, but whole Siem Reap is 2x2 km.

Men's is good if you are ready to take tuk-tuk to center (1-2 dollars, 5 min). It is good if you need total gay ambiance since it is hotel only for gay mens - no womens allowed on territory. Banana is good because it is located close to "everything". Both hotels have pools, Men's has gay sauna right there.

12. User who gave Like to post:

numazu (April 4th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fedssocr View Post
    My guess is that most places won't give you any trouble. What's your budget? I stayed at the Shinta Mani Club recently. Lots of gay staff and gay GM. Very upscale though. However as long as you're discrete I think you would be fine. I am certain they've encountered gay couples before. Not sure about the rotating 3rd. There's a pretty high guest-to-staff ratio. I think I would probably opt for somewhere with less service for what you have planned. I had an awesome time there. The whole town has a pretty gay vibe. Lots of gay wait staff in restaurants for example (or my gaydar was just way off...but I don't think so).
    I'd say $100-125 a night would be ok for me. I've never had a rotating 3rd before but would like to try without any hassle. Good service is cool but secondary to probably not being harassed if I bring two obviously Cambodian guys up to my room. I'll register my friend with the front desk as part of my party. I thought about getting a 2nd room but I feel that's a waste, and would like everyone with me. I see that the Rambutan has big rooms perfect for an additional friend, and would probably be good enough. I'll look at Shinta Mani Club.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    As per my experience you'll be OK in three almost everywhere in Siem Reap. Hotel's will just ask to pay third breakfast, towel and bathrobe. I'm sure in that in Rambutan/Golden Banana and in Men's resort. GB is just over the river from old town, Pub street and old night market. Men's is much far by Siem Reap's scale, but whole Siem Reap is 2x2 km.

Men's it good is you are ready to take tuk-tuk to center (1-2 dollars, 5 min). It is good is you need total gay ambiance since it is hotel only for gay mens - no womens allowed on territory. Banana is good because it is located close to "everything". Both hotels have pools, Men's has gay sauna right there.
    Thanks Moses. I've thought about Men's but I do see it's not as walkable as Rambutan. If the straight people in Rambutan are ok with seeing me and my two boys then it doesn't matter. I probably won't go to the pool with the the boys anyway, and I'm ok with paying extra for a breakfast or towel use for the 3rd. I just want to try the rotating 3rd thing since I've always just had the one person at a time, and since I want my friend to come with me.