Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Siem Reap gay hotel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Siem Reap gay hotel

From what I believe, hotels like Mens should not risk having their staff doubling up as money boys. Then the establishment resembles a brothel, which is likely to attract the attention of the police. I've seen reports of at least one Cambodian hotel ownere having trouble there.
    Regarding their survival, well if they manage to get half the occupancy at double the price, I think they have about the same change of surviving as any other hotel.
    However, I'm not likely to be one of their customers. If there is a gay hotel which meets my needs and is at a competitive price, I'm happy to book it. But I'm not going to pay a significant extra sum.
    In Asia, I have stayed in gay hotels, normal hotels and a hotel attached to a straight gogo bar. My male overnight guests were welcome in all cases, although there has been the occasional scowl from some obese farang female @ breakfast. The kind who probably don't get any action in bed themselves.

In Phnom Penh, I've stayed at the Manor House once (gay) & The Silver River twice (normal). I prefer the location of the Silver River and the standard is higher.
    All 3 visits to Siem Reap involved staying at Ei8ht Rooms (gay, mixed), although it has now closed and I would have been looking for something slightly better on the next trip in any case.
    In Sihanoukville, I stayed at Cheers (gay), but believe it's no longer gay only, due to lack of demand.
    In Kep, Kampot & Battambang, I did not stay in gay hotels. Not that I'm aware of any.
    Last edited by goji; May 22nd, 2016 at 22:12.