Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Enquiry about Phnom Penh

Liked

Enquiry about Phnom Penh

Hi everybody,

I am planning for next January/February 2011 an Asia Trip which will bring me first to Siam Reap (sightseeing program for SR is already made) and afterwards I will stay a few days in Phnom Penh for which I did not yet have made my plans ....

I have following questions about PP and would like to get your recommendations and other gay-related infos :

- nice hotel(s) - gay owned or gay-friendly - with swimming-pool (without joiner's fee)
    - which bars can you list up to see/meet young hosts (legal age)
    - what are the Off-charges for young boys to take to my hotel (legal age)
    - which massage places can you recommend and what are the "Tips for the boys" as this is nowere listed up
    - what currency should I take with me for Cambodga (US-Dollars or Thai-Bahts) - or can I withdraw any money at local ATM machines

Thanks to everybody who can reply to my above questions and can give me even more advices as it is the first time when I will visit Cambodga.

(sorry for my english - my mothertongue is swiss-german)

Best regards,
    boy

Liked

Re: Enquiry about Phnom Penh

the pgreport.com report, a free email bulletin on Gay Thailand always has a reference to Siam Reap local gay bars etc,

you should subscribe it is free

cut and paste from this week
    Gay Phnom Penh and Siam Reap click on a headline to read more
    тАв Phnom Penh Gay Pride 2010 EVENT DETAILS
    тАв Some ideas for Phnom Penh Gloryhole is back
    тАв Some ideas for Siam Reap Linga May events

http://www.pgreport.com/120510/120510.htm
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Liked

- nice hotel(s) - gay owned or gay-friendly - with swimming-pool (without joiner's fee). http://www.manorhousecambodia.com/ Actually, more of a guesthouse than a nice hotel.

- which bars can you list up to see/meet young hosts (legal age). Blue Chilli, Salt Lounge. Maybe others.
    - what are the Off-charges for young boys to take to my hotel (legal age). Zero. They are freelancers.
    - which massage places can you recommend and what are the "Tips for the boys" as this is nowere listed up
    - what currency should I take with me for Cambodga (US-Dollars or Thai-Bahts) - or can I withdraw any money at local ATM machines. Dollars, or withdraw dollars from the ATMs.

Liked

I was in PP Christmas just gone, please see below:-

Accommodation - I stayed in manor House - a converted villa owned by an Australian. Had the largest room - was quite good. Have swimming pool and very helpful service. They have a number of "Tuk Tuk" drivers outside who you can rent for the day/night for a few dollars - cant remember exactly about 15 dollars per day

- Blue Chilli Bar is the main place - owned by a Thai. You will meet guys here

- Heart of Darkness is one of the main clubs - it has a "gay corner" as predominantly gay

- I asked the tuk tuk driver to take me for a massage - he mentioned some of the well advertised (proper massage!) places, I emphahsised gay massage - he smiled and took me to a barbers. On arrival there was a young guy hanging outside who took me upstairs, and at top of stairs was a one way mirror - you picked your host who took you to a room and away you go. Very surreal. Inexpensive as everywhere in Cambodia
    Dont know name of the place - if it has one - just take the driver - these drivers are great wherever you go they wait outside for you

- Take $ - the cambodian currency - riel - only used in small change - remember to have dollar notes ready when you arrive at airport for visa and when you depart for departure tax

- Get your driver to take you to S19 - the old school converted to a prison and used to house and torture prisoners of the KR regime - very humbling; also to take you out to the Killing Fields

- recommend the FCC (Foreign Correspondents Club) in PP - very colonail atmosphere, and great cocktails - great for a post sightseeing drink - expensive for PP but cheap for the west
    a great time - it is slow paced but the guys are great and the country is relatively unspoilt

Have

Liked: 1

gay hotel in Cambodia

Quote Originally Posted by boy
    I am planning for next January/February 2011 an Asia Trip which will bring me first to Siam Reap
    besides dozens of "gay friendly" hotels,
    there is only one gay hotel in Cambodia: MEN's Resort & Spa.

located in Siem Reap Angkor, MEN's is a great "exclusively for men" hotel.

at MEN's you can also meet some local guys and other tourists who are joining the Sauna/Spa in the evening.

You should have a look to the website: www.mens-resort.com, it is absolutly the place to go for gay travellers.

[youtube:149fq5eg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9hRdPpTL3I[/youtube:149fq5eg]

If you are travelling with girls or if you are afraid to go in a men exclusive Resort, you can go to one of dozens gay-friendly hotels in Siem Reap. But most of them are also kids & family friendly, so it's not sure you will feel comfortable while enjoying swimming pool with other guys.

Here is the list of gay friendly hotels in Siem Reap:

Advisor Angkor Villa hotel
    Allson Angkor Hotel
    Allson Angkor Paradise Hotel
    Angkor Century Resort & Spa
    Angkor Friendship Inn
    Angkor Home Hotel
    Angkor Palace Resort & Spa
    Angkor Pearl
    Angkor Saphir Hotel
    Antanue Angkor Villa
    Auberge Mont Royal Hotel