Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Curfew in Pattaya

Liked

Re: Curfew in Pattaya

Just received this email from twoguys guesthouse

Hi I an sure you have been following the news about the Red Shirts in Bangkok.
    It appears now that the Leaders have handed themselves over to the police and the army have cleared the protest site. Unfortunately some looting and fire damage has been caused , notably the Central shopping precinct, downtown Bangkok.

Last night Pattaya (among many other cities) had a curfew imposed,the Police came round at 10 PM and told all the bars that were left open to close.
    This morning I heard there had been a report that Big C had been set on fire. So at 08.30 I jumped on my motorbike and visited both Big C's to find that they were both still standing and nothing had happened. I drove all along second road,beach road and Pattaya Tai, all were quiet and appeared normal (for Pattaya)

Pattaya appears to be calm and getting on with business as normal (Curfews notwithstanding) We are waiting to see if the curfew will be extended tonight.
    Hopefully calm will now be restored and lessons have been learned.
    If anything of interest happens I will keep you posted.
    Regards, John
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Thanks to both of you ,this is relevant information and much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    Just received this email from twoguys guesthouse

Hi I an sure you have been following the news about the Red Shirts in Bangkok.
    It appears now that the Leaders have handed themselves over to the police and the army have cleared the protest site. Unfortunately some looting and fire damage has been caused , notably the Central shopping precinct, downtown Bangkok.

Last night Pattaya (among many other cities) had a curfew imposed,the Police came round at 10 PM and told all the bars that were left open to close.
    This morning I heard there had been a report that Big C had been set on fire. So at 08.30 I jumped on my motorbike and visited both Big C's to find that they were both still standing and nothing had happened. I drove all along second road,beach road and Pattaya Tai, all were quiet and appeared normal (for Pattaya)

Pattaya appears to be calm and getting on with business as normal (Curfews notwithstanding) We are waiting to see if the curfew will be extended tonight.
    Hopefully calm will now be restored and lessons have been learned.
    If anything of interest happens I will keep you posted.
    Regards, John

Liked

Slightly off topic, but the doormen at Nice Boys & Good Boys (both in sinful Sunee) will be open for business starting at 18:00 Hrs. to about 21:00 ish.

Of course I explained that will put the customer very near the bewitching hours...but they didn't understand that.

I was watching my watch all nite and didn't have time to checkout the bars in Jomtiem or Boyz town. Maybe someone else can help.

Apparently these new hours will be in effect until the curfew situation is on going.

Cheers....
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana

Quote Originally Posted by bigben
    Of course I explained that will put the customer very near the bewitching hours...but they didn't understand that.
    What they couldn't understand was why the customer couldn't -- using his own brain and freedom of movement -- leave the bar at the correct time to allow himself to be home by the bewitching hour.

Liked

are the bars open from 6 pm until 9 pm in sunnee and are their customers?

Liked

This was just posted by krobbie on the BKK thread. I copied only the part re the curfew.
    posted at 1300 friday thai time
    Quote Originally Posted by krobbie

The curfew has been a necessary nuisance. Can't get out to meet people for dinner etc. but is enabling the Police and army to get on with routing out the rest of insurgent types that are still lurking. Tonight the curfew is from 10.00pm - 5.00am, so an extra couple of hours to go out. Tomorrow maybe even later start. Maybe 11 - 5.
    Cheers,
    Krobbie

Liked

just seen on http://www.thaivisa.com/
    the curfew is lifted in pattaya
    that must be good news for everyone

Liked

just received fom twoguys an update from a farang in the heart of sunee.
    great place to go to find out what is happening, where to go and not to go.

Twoguys <john@twoguysguesthouse.info> 21 May 2010 21:16

UPDATE ON THAILAND 21/05/10
    In order to quell any rumours that are going round, we can absolutely confirm from personal observance.
    This morning the following were open:
    * Big C South
    * Friendship
    * Tukcom
    * All the small shops we could see
    * Bank ATMs
    * Bank exchange windows
    * The immigration office at Jomtien
    * The banks themselves were NOT open and said they wouldnтАЩt be open until Monday
    * A passenger who arrived late at the airport had no problem coming down to Pattaya in a taxi. No challenges were made.
    * Last night Sunee Plaza was largely open until 9 pm. Most bars were open from 6 pm. Tonight we have heard that most bars will be open from 5 pm to 9 pm. This will include many of the gogo bars.
    The advice seems to be come early, drink, eat and play to your heartтАЩs content until 9 pm. Then find a good book or a good boy to settle down with and have fun. WeтАЩre not going anywhere without you!

I'm sure if I had a hat I would be throwing it in the air.

For some of the SGT members it must be like VE/VJ day all over again.

:bis: :occasion9: :bis: :occasion9:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

LOL... Yes, this curfew must have been a very distressing intrusion in their busy lives.