Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Curfew in Pattaya

Espa??a some times - Pattaya rest of the time.
    Liked: 1

Curfew in Pattaya

Wow Pattaya under curfew tonight from 20.00 until 06.00 tomorrow God I┬┤m glad I am not there.....now

Pattaya under curfew

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    20.05.2010 | news Newsdesk http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?c ... ws_id=6302
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wednesday Night at 8pm, Pattaya Police backed up by Pattaya City Hall Security Officers began a tour of the city and ordered all establishments, including Bars, Discotheques, Banks, Shopping Centers and Convenience Stores, to comply with a Curfew order issued by ThailandтАЩs Prime Minister earlier on Wednesday.

The order came into force at 8pm and is expected to last until 6am on Thursday and may be repeated throughout this week until the situation in Bangkok and other provinces, where rioting is taking place, is brought under control.
    Here in Pattaya this could not have come at a worse time as the city struggles to continue life as normal while 150 kms away in Bangkok, fires have been reported at over 20 separate locations around the Thai Capital as the remaining Red Shirts refuse to leave the Capital quietly.

Reports from Laem Chabang Port on Wednesday Night indicate that fires have been lit close to the entrance to the port and Riot Police have been deployed to the area to restore order. Pattaya-based Red Shirts have attended these demonstrations and rumors are spreading that they may be sent back to Pattaya later on Wednesday Night.

Back in Pattaya, rumors spread earlier on Wednesday evening that a bomb had been discovered at Big C in North Pattaya which had been closed since early evening. This rumor was found to be untrue and the center had been closed due to the curfew order.

With many 24 hour convenience stores closing, panic buying has begun and Police were called to one minor incident at a store in Soi Neun Plub Wan which led to no arrests and was brought to a conclusion quickly.

We will have a full report on the curfew and its effects on Pattaya on Thursday but we must inform people currently residing in Pattaya that if you are caught breaking the curfew, you may be liable to arrest and could be fined. We can only suggest that everyone return to their homes or hotel rooms until Thursday morning.

Liked

Re: Curfew in Pattaya

thanks for the report

can you keep us up to date , whats going on in pattaya, on the main news its all bangkok
    thanks, i arrive e on wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy
    thanks for the report

can you keep us up to date , whats going on in pattaya, on the main news its all bangkok
    thanks, i arrive e on wednesday
    If I was you I'd keep your options open and if need be postpone your trip. This doesn't look good at the moment, but we can only hope it does fade out sooner rather than later.

My BF works there and the police called to his hair Saloon and said that the Curfew is indefinite
    .......... 20.00-06.00 until further notice. Scary Stuff..

Liked

For those of us living, working and have businesses here I can assure you that this is no joke. My bf is simply horrified at watching his country tear itself apart, and for the next few days at least we who live here (and on holiday of course) will need to keep alert, vigilant and safe.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Bravo i could not have put it better myself Scary stuff for those people living there and it certainly is no laughing matter.

Liked

i really hope it sorts its self out soon,
    was chatting with a thai boy on msn, he is very very sad tonight.
    unless they close the airport, i will be there next wednesday :hello1:

Liked

Yes curfew is in effect in Pattaya too. Spoke to 2 friends there an hour ago.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100519/...iland_politics

Curfew In Force In 24 Thailand Provinces
    A 10-hour curfew came into force in Bangkok and 23 other provinces at 8 p.m., and the
    government said army operations would continue through the night in the Thai capital.

It is the first time that Bangkok has been put under curfew since 1992, when the army
    killed dozens of pro-democracy demonstrators seeking the ouster of a military-backed
    government.

"Tonight is going to be another worrisome night," government spokesman Panitan
    Wattanayagorn said.

Liked

Liked

yes, three more nights of curfew with slightly reduced hours I believe - 9pm to 5 am. Also my admin person has just got back from lunch - went to put gasoline in his bike and said that only one pump was working due to there being no tanker delivery .... don't know if this is widespread problem or not?
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.