Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $ to usa

Re: $ to usa

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    If I can remember correctly, there's something to do with proving the funds originated from a foreign country, and if they originated in Thailand, there's a bunch of other hoops you need to jump though.
    Undoubtedly for tax purposes. If this was pension income then it did originate from outside the country and should be easy to prove. Every time that I leave Thailand I change baht into USD at the airport...I should think that would work. Even above $10k USD you merely have to declare the funds (and receive more scrutiny). There's no law against carrying cash if you have proof that it isn't drug money.

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Why not just use your Thai ATM card in the USA to withdraw USD? I have done this with Bangkok Bank ATM with no problems. Or bring USD in cash up to $10,000.
    That only works if you have the right card and an agreement with your bank. It doesn't take two minutes to check with your bank and as you have said Bangkok Bank have such cards.

Alf if you managed to get yourself and all of your money to Thailand then I am sure you are quite capable of going on holiday with enough funds to cover it. Thailand has some banking/money laws but it isn't a closed shop with no money access abroad, how do you think Thai's travel?

All Thai ATM cards I have ever had could be used overseas. There is usually a small fee, though -- a few dollars -- on each transaction.

You will find this a lot easier than trying to make an outgoing remittance from a Thai bank.

Or just take cash -- but no more than $10,000.00 or you could get in trouble with US Customs.

You could also simply just apply for a Thai credit card.