Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cambodia here I come!

Re: Cambodia here I come!

Back to the OP, if you are there May 10-16 Cambodia Pride will be on.

Quote Originally Posted by joe552

So, allieb, you'd be happy to land your family with the bill for flying you home by air ambulance if you... trip over a small boy in Sunnee?

To trip over ONE small boy in Sunee may be regarded as a misfortune; to trip over a different one every night for a month starts to look intentional.

:occasion9:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by allieb
    I'v never seen such a bunch of wimps as here. Cancelling trips to Thailand because insurance is invalid and Big Brother says don't go. What a load of pussies.
    I think it's called good judgement... No travel/medical insurance can be catastrophic.

Sure a trip to Thailand is fun... but it's not as if it's a case of "cancel now and never get to go again".

It's not as if Thailand is the ONLY fun place to visit... or that there's a limited opportunity to visit Thailand. There are lots of other places to have fun... KL... Cambodia... Singapore... Hong Kong... Bali... And there's no reason you can't visit Thailand in a few months when it's calmed down.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by allieb
    I'v never seen such a bunch of wimps as here. Cancelling trips to Thailand because insurance is invalid and Big Brother says don't go. What a load of pussies.
    And its taken you all this time to even notice?

[attachment=0:1yd1brah]scaredy-cat.jpg[/attachment:1yd1brah]

If you don't dare to go to Bangkok just order your favourite service provider from GayRomeo to see you in Chiang Mai or Pattaya.

He may even agree to lick you all over and liberate you from your cold sweat. Chairman Mao didn't need much tap water for his personal hygiene either.

Liked

Cambodia is lovely, as are their guys. Just go & enjoy.

Liked

I read the post with real interest - and real sadness also.
    I too have paid for travel insurance for many years, and have never made a claim. 2 years ago, one of my staff at work was away in Asia and was involved in a road traffic accident - basically his taxi driver fell asleep at the wheel - resulting in the death of 2 of his friends, and serious injuries (life threatening) to the taxi driver and him. Unfortunately he had no insurance. His health care suffered as a result of this - fortunately his family, friends, and all of us at work rallied and raised funds for his repatriation - but his family were extremely stressed during the process, and the best medical care wasnt immediately available - which meant it took longer to recover. Luckily back in UK they managed to limit his injuries and worked with him to minimise the impact of the brain damage he sustained.
    I know it is a 1 in xmillion chance that you will ever need it, but having seen this case play out, I for one would never criticise anyone, or make light of anyone who travels without insurance.
    Having said that, as I love LOS I will investigate taking out local medical insurance

Liked

Sorry to hear about your friend, steve, this kind of thing can happen anytime, and is the reason I won't travel without insurance. It's just not worth the risk.

Hope your friend continues to recover.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sorry to hear about that Steve... sad and stressful indeed.

Which country was this in? Any idea what the cost of treatment and repatriation was?

I hope your staff made a full or close to full recovery.

Can I just ask - what advisory are you all speaking off that bans travel to Thailand ? I'm heading out on the 28th June so have just checked the British Government website and short of the usual advisory re the south and the cambodia boarder temple area I see nothing that would stop you going to all the usual main tourist towns and cities such as BKK etc - or am I missing something ?