Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cambodia here I come!

Liked

Cambodia here I come!

I was due to arrive in Pattaya on 28th May, but have now decided to go to Cambodia instead. Mainly because my travel insurance wouldn't be vailid for Thailand since the Irish Government issued its warning against travel there.

Still, I enjoyed my last visit to Cambodia a few years ago, so it's no hardship really. Have many other members changed their travel plans as a result of the current situation?

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Re: Cambodia here I come!

Have fun Joe. I enjoyed Cambodia when I was there a year and a half ago.

I was due to fly in on 1st May - the British Government issued their warning on the 27th and I found out on the 28th so I had to make my mind up on the spot as to what to do. I just cancelled - I had a pretty specific itinerary in mind so if I couldn't do that, then I didn't want to go somewhere else instead. Another time......

Liked: 1

I'v never seen such a bunch of wimps as here. Cancelling trips to Thailand because insurance is invalid and Big Brother says don't go. What a load of pussies.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by allieb
    I'v never seen such a bunch of wimps as here. Cancelling trips to Thailand because insurance is invalid and Big Brother says don't go. What a load of pussies.
    So, allieb, you'd be happy to land your family with the bill for flying you home by air ambulance if you get hit by a motorbike or trip over a small boy in Sunnee?

Travelling without insurance is plain stupid, and your post shows where you stand on that line.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Hear Hear

Do these guys really think that the red shirts are going to target a farang in a Sunee Plaza gogo bar?

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    So, allieb, you'd be happy to land your family with the bill for flying you home by air ambulance if you get hit by a motorbike or trip over a small boy in Sunnee?

Travelling without insurance is plain stupid, and your post shows where you stand on that line.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilomRimmer
    Hear Hear

Do these guys really think that the red shirts are going to target a farang in a Sunee Plaza gogo bar?
    Silcom R, the guy did not say he was afraid of being targeted by the Redshirts,he is rightly concerned about NOT having insurance in the event of an accident.To travel overseas without insurance is like playing russian roulette . Sometimes I wonder about the motives behind some of the posts given here.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    Silcom R, the guy did not say he was afraid of being targeted by the Redshirts,he is rightly concerned about NOT having insurance in the event of an accident.To travel overseas without insurance is like playing russian roulette . Sometimes I wonder about the motives behind some of the posts given here.
    Oh come on, Russian roulette--a one in six chance of being on the live round (having an accident)? Red shirts or no Reds the odds of having an accident or medical emergency is very remote. Even if you have to pay out of pocket for emergency or medial care, it's not very expensive. Depends how adventurist your vacations plans are, planing on rock climbing, diving and other active sports then your odds might increase especially if your not experienced. Drive a motocy in Pattaya, your just nuts. Drink and drive your suicidal. There's a clause in my Thai insurance that says if I am drunk, drive and have an accident, they don't pay. I don't mind that, it keeps the rates down too.

Watch out for low hanging signs, uneven walkways, uneven heights on stairs, holes that are hard to see, steps that appear for no reason out of nowhere, and motocy traffic on the sidewalks and going in any direction they please.

Last year, I went to Myanmar with some friends and this one Farang, not very experienced in Asian travel was with us. We went out to dinner and was walking along the road looking for someplace to eat. He kept walking ahead of us and was walking too fast. I kept telling him to wait up, he would not listen. The road was poorly lit, and the pavement uneven, I was being careful. Then, he took one step into a dark area of the pavement and went straight down under his head in brown smelly water. He bobbed up for air, must have been some kind of sewer, he was covered in brown slime and stunk like hell. He scraped his legs, and hit his head, minor injuries, lucky. We walked back, he threw away his clothes and took a shower for an hour. He thinks some of the brown shit/slime got in his mouth, nose and ears for sure. He learned the hard way, be careful when walking in Asia, looks down and up and then walk.
    E Dok Tong

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    Oh come on, Russian roulette--a one in six chance of being on the live round (having an accident)? Red shirts or no Reds the odds of having an accident or medical emergency is very remote. Even if you have to pay out of pocket for emergency or medial care, it's not very expensive. Depends how adventurist your vacations plans are, planing on rock climbing, diving and other active sports then your odds might increase especially if your not experienced. Drive a motocy in Pattaya, your just nuts. Drink and drive your suicidal. There's a clause in my Thai insurance that says if I am drunk, drive and have an accident, they don't pay. I don't mind that, it keeps the rates down too.
    STD's also aren't covered which would probably be the number 1 risk these frightened insured pussies are exposed to. For the past 12 years I have paid for private health insurance and have never claimed. A visit to the doctor for some minor treatment isn't covered as there is almost always a deductable in most insurance.

Joe 552 I Wouldn't trip over a small boy in Sunee. I stay well clear of that market. I am prepared to pay my own medical expenses. If I felt my condition was more serious I would try to get home as quickly as possible. All in all weighing up the chance of needing serious medical attention is very remote. I'll have fun in Thailand and by all means you stay at home wraped up in a blanket with your teeth out watching Eastenders with a cup of hot chocolate. Don't trip over the rug on you way to bed.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

My USA friend and I returned from Phnom Penh a few weeks ago. We had a wonderful time. One of the reasons we had such a good time was our Tuk Tuk driver.
    He speaks very good English, is very fun, and really knows the city very well!! VERY gay friendly.

Here is his contact information. Mr. Ya Chea, email at chea.tuktuk@gmail.com phone +855 1 777 3460.

You may also want to try a fun ATV tour of the river villages. Their web site gives all the details. http://nature-cambodia.com/?page_id=22
    The owners are a French and a French Cambodia.

I have heard from the owners of Memories Music bar that they have some friends that have left Pattaya for life in Cambodia

Joe 552 I'll have fun in Thailand and by all means you stay at home wraped up in a blanket with your teeth out watching Eastenders with a cup of hot chocolate. Don't trip over the rug on you way to bed.
    Hmmm. Insurance companies say that most accidents happen in the home .....