Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: UK advice to tourists

UK advice to tourists

The FCO has advised not to travel to Thailand.

Similarly, there are some harrowing stories of people trying to get out of BKK airport due to the volcanic ash, i.e. queue jumping, excessive price tickets, sneaking passengers on.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: UK advice to tourists

That's old news... lbut unfortunately won't be going away too soon. I live in Thailand and it is perfectly safe as long as you stay away from the "political areas" of BKK, just like one would do in a large city with the sections of high crime.

Re: UK advice to tourists

FCO site on 27/28 April 2010:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-liv ... /thailand/

"The FCO yesterday changed its travel advice to advise against all but essential travel to the whole of Thailand. British Nationals should continue to exercise extreme caution throughout the country, and avoid demonstrations and large gatherings."

Previously, there was a similar notice to the above, which applies to the South of Thailand but not to the whole country.

Similarly, people should be aware that travel insurance is invalid if one decides to travel to a country in such circumstances when the FCO have advised against travelling to that specific country. Certainly, UK insurance anyway, I'm sure its a worldwide thing, but I cannot comment on other jurisdictions.