List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with extortionists?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: How do you deal with extortionists?

psychiatrist wrote:

i stood in my assertive mode but i was ready to defend myself if necessary,ihe stood up to me,i stood back to him ready to fight,he backed down,waiied me and left
    psychiatrist...

Unless in fact you are a trained undercover CIA agent or special forces martial arts expert - I think your tactics may back-fire on you if you get my drift. Taking a tall tatooed street hustler back to your room and then standing toe-to-toe with him sounds heroic - but what would you have done if he socked you in the mouth and knocked you on your ass? For some reason I just can't see the average 60 y/o beer-bellied farang bouncing off the ground and delivering a flurry of round-house kicks to dazzle their attacker.

I think the best advice for cdmatt is to avoid socializing with the low-life characters on the sois and choose better company. As far as that... "stand your ground" stuff, I'd just avoid situations where that nonsense would even be necessary...so you can remain standing.

Just a tought

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger
    psychiatrist wrote:

i stood in my assertive mode but i was ready to defend myself if necessary,ihe stood up to me,i stood back to him ready to fight,he backed down,waiied me and left
    psychiatrist...

Unless in fact you are a trained undercover CIA agent or special forces martial arts expert - I think your tactics may back-fire on you if you get my drift. Taking a tall tatooed street hustler back to your room and then standing toe-to-toe with him sounds heroic - but what would you have done if he socked you in the mouth and knocked you on your ass? For some reason I just can't see the average 60 y/o beer-bellied farang bouncing off the ground and delivering a flurry of round-house kicks to dazzle their attacker.

I think the best advice for cdmatt is to avoid socializing with the low-life characters on the sois and choose better company. As far as that... "stand your ground" stuff, I'd just avoid situations where that nonsense would even be necessary...so you can remain standing.

Just a tought
    He is just taking the piss... a new troll. Look at his other posts.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Copper Pheel
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Right...would you mind correcting your post by removing my credits from that quote anyway?
    What's in it for me?
    Accuracy?

You know BEACHLOVER you are the real troll,you dont have a life,you sit on this board before you leave for work and as soon as you get home.
    Now what kind of life does such a person have...........mentally.
    Actually im not being nasty to you,Im trying to help you.
    Can you not understand you are addicted to this board,you live in one of the greatest Cities in the world,....well it was once I suppose,mind you it s nothing like it used to be.but Sydney is still good,so why do you waste so much of your time here? Are you lonely? There is Fitness First on Oxford street is there not?
    You say you live in Sydney Australia,a city I go to on a regular basis,and a lot of Thai boy students there but you sit on this board instead ,and its taking over your life,I think you know this,but you want to feel important,so you continually sit at a computer.
    Do u clean your house ?
    When im in Sydney I have no trouble meeting Asian boys especially Korean .......all for free,and what are you doing....living in a fantasy world on this gay board.

Why dont you go to Midnight Shift Bar,instead of sitting at your computer,trolling and wasting your life?
    But the novelty will wear off..............eventually.......as soon as u get a life,Maybe take a while mind you.
    Sydney has a lot of street trade called THE WALL area does it not ,instead of sitting your ass on here why dont you sell it up at The WALL?
    Im sure a Asian guy with big thick binoncular spectacles will work a treat.

Liked

[quote=Brad the Impala]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Copper Pheel":8267sz3v
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Right...would you mind correcting your post by removing my credits from that quote anyway?
    What's in it for me?
    Accuracy?[/quote:8267sz3v]

You have to pay for accuracy Bradley. It's part of the capitalist way that Beachlover preaches. You guys better be prepared to cross Copper Pheel's palm with silver if you are going to start making these demands.

[attachment=0:8267sz3v]Beachlover.jpg[/attachment:8267sz3v]

Author: psychiatrist ┬╗ Tue 16 Feb, 2010 8:30 am

You know BEACHLOVER you are the real troll,you dont have a life,you sit on this board before you leave for work and as soon as you get home.
    Now what kind of life does such a person have...........mentally.
    You say you live in Sydney Australia,a city I go to on a regular basis,and a lot of Thai boy students there but you sit on this board and its taking over your life,I think you know this,but you want to feel important,so you continually sit at a computer.

Why dont you go to Midnight Shift Bar,instead of sitting at your computer,trolling and wasting your life?

psychiatrist
    Beachlover is a SGT icon who has invested a lot of time in the community and contributed enormously to our dialogue. The last thing in the world BL will ever be is a troll. His friends extend throughout the board membership and we all value his insights. While some here take issue with his ubiquitousness, others admire it.

His value to the board is that of a Western-raised Asian. I've always been surprised that he has faced so many of the challenges we caucasians have in his romantic endeavors. A key reason that I love coming here is to see his take on the issues of the day.

After five posts, you should really step back and try to admire the wisdom of others that post here, rather than being so quick to criticize.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by jacklipton
    After five posts
    Using this nome-de-plume :hiding:

Quote Originally Posted by jinks
    Using this nome-de-plume
    Do you mean gnome-de-plume?

(Sorry, just a pointless addition to what was an interesting but is now the usual pointless thread)

Thats ok,gonefishing,i see you are in Pattaya too,it certainly points out that even if you are right in the thick of it ,you still can have such a boring life that you need to post pointless comments on here.
    So it means grass is always not greener on the other side.

[quote=Thai Dyed]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brad the Impala":2j1iz16k
    Accuracy?
    You have to pay for accuracy Bradley. It's part of the capitalist way that Beachlover preaches.[/quote:2j1iz16k]Self-interest is the fundamental principle of capitalism is it not? By the way I found a copy of the unofficial biography of Richard Branson who is one of Beachlover's heroes. It paints him less as a captain of industry than one of its buccaneers. Apparently his fortune grew from a VAT tax fraud he ran as his first business venture. And Bill Gates, another Beachlover hero, has a lot of money gained from being a monopolist (a bit like Thaksin Shinawatra, come to think of it).