List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with extortionists?

Liked

How do you deal with extortionists?

For anyone who's been in Pattaya for a while, I'm sure we've all had to deal with someone trying to extort us for some reason or another. Usually it's under the threat of getting the shit kicked out of you, if not killed. For me at least, it's usually for absolutely no reason whatsoever, except that I'm white.

It's only happened to me a few times now. One time we hid like cowards, but that was kind of justified, as Kim was getting death threats many times a day due to jealousy. Then the other times it's just some dick who says I owe him money. I won't have the slightest clue who the guy is, but he'll tell me I owe him some small amount like 500 or 1000 baht, or else he'll box me. Thankfully during those times, I've always known someone who likes me, who also knows that person, so will talk to them for me.

So it's never actually caused a problem yet, but I'm sure eventually my luck's going to run out. How do you guys deal with that? And of course, any good stories to share? I'm sure lots of you guys have many of them. :-)

Liked

Re: How do you deal with extortionists?

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    You serious? This kind of shiz is common in Pattaya? How lovely.
    Ohhh, that's just the tip of the iceberg. I could go on for pages, and pages, just like I'm sure many people on this board could too.

This is one fucked up city, that's for sure.

Liked

Really depends on the type of people you choose to hang out with. I've lived and worked here for 7 years, never been threatened with violence in order to hand over cash or anything else ....
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

cdnMatt Wrote:

For anyone who's been in Pattaya for a while, I'm sure we've all had to deal with someone trying to extort us for some reason or another
    Beg yes...but extort, never have had this pleasure and have spent 4 months each year in PTY for 10 years. What am I doing wrong???

Liked

It's never happened to me either, is this happening in Sunee Matt?

Liked

I've lieved here for 11 years have never run into or known anyone who has encountered this. I'm not suggesting it hasn't happened but I'm trying to figure out what's unique about your associations with Thai guys and that of all the people I know. To those who are reading this thread and not living in Thailand, be assured Pattaya is as safe a city as any. Note, I said "as safe a city as any" and not that it is some kind of heavenly haven free from crime, but to give the impression that visitors put themselves at high risk by enjoying Pattaya is just not true.

Liked

Never happened to me either.Could it be anything to do with the way you throw money at Kim? Seems like people there are thinking you are a soft touch. Try taking that plunger off you forehead.[attachment=0:gfpse138]imagesCA06JMWO.jpg[/attachment:gfpse138]

In the nicest possible way of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

Liked

him if he saw my later Id give him soNot bery well.
    I was waking up after the bars closed.This went on for almost a week and I was getting very randy.As I was walking around Sunee this guy aproached me and offered cheap sex.This guy looked like the north vietnamese spy in the movie Good morning vietnam ,the 1987 movie featuring Robin Williams.In the movie his name was Phun duk Toe and he was really cute.His eyes had that kinda red yaba look but at this point I over looked this and decided I would take him up on his offer.
    The sex wasnt bad,not great either,but I was satisfied just having someone to spend some time with.The next night he told me he left his neckless at my place,which was true.Another round of sex and the returning of his belongings and he was gone.Temporarily.
    On subsequent nights I would see him and he would follow me around and just sit across from whatever bar I went to and wait for me,wanting to go to a short time room as I told him he wasnt allowed where I was staying.This guy was bad news.One day I gave a boi who I knew 100 baht for food and my stalker saw this. He insisted on money also.I walked almost to the end of soi 17 trying to get rid of him to no avail.Then he started yelling and pulled this threatening muay thai move on me. :violent1: IThe last thing I wanted was to get into a fight with this guy,in another country,so I told me money.
    Then it never stopped.Every time he saw me ,the same thing,insisting on money and not leaving me alone until he got it.It was easier just giving into him than fighting him.One day he asked for 300 baht because he was going to Bangkok to see his mother,ha.I gave it to him in hopes it was true.Believe it or not I never saw him again.But one of his minions in the plaza took over for him,only asking for 20 baht,lol,what a bargain.I was so relieved not to see the first hoologan anymore.
    So this is my little story of extortion in Pattaya.

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    Homi would make us all live in Bkk
    You are, I fear, missing the point. I'd follow the fine example of the Chinese leaders before the Beijing Games as far as undesirables go. I think it was Marsilius who pointed out that the original purpose of a concentration camp was to concentrate particular groups of people in one place. As Pattaya is already home to much of the riff-raff and white trash of Thailand, it would be a simple matter to do a sweep of the Thonglor area of Sukhumvit, and Soi Naam Duplis off Rama IV and pick up most of the rest. I've already drafted orders to put Chao Na (or SuneeBoi as he was briefly known) in charge of the Shitsville Concentration Camp
    Extortion? Don't belittle our awe-inspiring tourist attractions. Fortunately, there are still Thais in the Shitsville Concentration Camp. The commander never turned up for work. That explains everything and every-ting.

Liked

as I said in my earlier post, it's WHO you choose to hang out with, nothing to do with it being Pattaya.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.