Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Gaythailand down or is my local server

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Is Gaythailand down or is my local server

What other countries have mandatory walls in place? Is it just China and Thailand?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    What other countries have mandatory walls in place? Is it just China and Thailand?
    Serious question, or joke? Anyway, loads and loads. Iran for example, now no longer allows access to even Gmail. Instead, they setup their own government run e-mail service. How nice of them. :-)

Then basically every Islamic state out there has internet censorship. Gotta say, after spending a good amount of time in Malaysia, and getting to know quite a few people there, I'm not much for Islamic states. They make people stupid. And this is Malaysia, probably the most lenient Islamic state in the world. I shudder when I think about places like Qatar or Saudi Arabia.

elephantspike

A taste of things to come:

[youtube:3nfelfox]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mFyZB0lDBU[/youtube:3nfelfox]
    [youtube:3nfelfox]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6aRmVsPlXg[/youtube:3nfelfox]
    [youtube:3nfelfox]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GojAdhqPdNo[/youtube:3nfelfox]

Liked

Listening to Alex Jones is about the equivalent of listening to the GOP. Don't do it, it's unhealthy for the brain!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Serious question, or joke? Anyway, loads and loads. Iran for example, now no longer allows access to even Gmail. Instead, they setup their own government run e-mail service. How nice of them. :-)

Then basically every Islamic state out there has internet censorship. Gotta say, after spending a good amount of time in Malaysia, and getting to know quite a few people there, I'm not much for Islamic states. They make people stupid. And this is Malaysia, probably the most lenient Islamic state in the world. I shudder when I think about places like Qatar or Saudi Arabia.
    Serious question... I was just wondering.

Seems quite a few countries censor... But is Australia the first developed nation to do it?

elephantspike

Listening to Alex Jones is about the equivalent of listening to the GOP. Don't do it, it's unhealthy for the brain!
    Alex hates Neo-cons. He says Bush et al are war criminals. He's been saying that for 10 years now. Anyway, this is his side-kick Bermas talking here, and, as always, if you check their facts, you will find they are not lying. The cyber-security act does exists. If you want to take any kind of political issue with what they are saying here, It would have to be that you are in favor of the cyber security act. Maybe you feel that violations of The Bill of Rights are good as long as they are carried out by a Democrat.

elephantspike

Seems quite a few countries censor... But is Australia the first developed nation to do it?
    Australia and New Zealand are leading the pack. The UK is just behind them followed by the USA and Canada. The EU is not far behind that. There is also a UN treaty (called ACTA) that is using copyright issues as a pretext to end the free and open internet. Check out this one from, of all places, Russia Today (Left enough for ya, cdmatt? :blackeye: )

[youtube:38lnjwuq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrRuuSlCCOc[/youtube:38lnjwuq]

Liked

Spike, you're believing the same guys who a few years ago, were screaming bloody murder that we're all going to be rounded up like cattle, and sent to FEMA concentration camps.

Again, they're on the fringe of society. Don't listen to them. Or listen to them if you want, but make sure to take everything else (including reality) into account while doing it. Really, they're almost worst than the scare tactics the GOP uses. Just ignore that shit, and concentrate on what's real.

Liked

Spike, you're believing the same guys who a few years ago, were screaming bloody murder that we're all going to be rounded up like cattle, and sent to FEMA concentration camps.

Again, they're on the fringe of society. Don't listen to them. Or listen to them if you want, but make sure to take everything else (including reality) into account while doing it. Really, they're almost worst than the scare tactics the GOP uses. Just ignore that shit, and concentrate on what's real.
    Spike, just remember Matt is the same guy who is the subject of regular extortion attempts and is dealing with death threats on a frequent basis. I wish Matt would wake up and "concentrate on what's real."

Matt is going to need more than a weatherman to find out which way the wind is blowing.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Elephantspike

Australia and New Zealand are leading the pack. The UK is just behind them followed by the USA and Canada. The EU is not far behind that. There is also a UN treaty (called ACTA) that is using copyright issues as a pretext to end the free and open internet. Check out this one from, of all places, Russia Today (Left enough for ya, cdmatt? :blackeye: )
    Your observations are spot on Spike!
    Additionally, some of the best news in the world today is coming out of Russia and from Al Jazeera in Doha.