List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Best thing you can do for a Issan boy?

Liked

Re: Best thing you can do for a Issan boy?

Quote Originally Posted by blueboy
    " ... How can you generalise about all Thais boys being whores, thieves ad liars - very sad indeed ... "
    Who wrote that?
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy
    " ... I treat him as an equal which is what most people on this board don't do, and why it goes wrong ... "
    How do you know what "most people on this Board" do?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

That's really sweet... Kim has found his Romeo :love4:

What is all this about, you just 'find Em' 'Feed Em' 'Fcuk Em' 'then leave Em' for the next one, end of problem.
    LMTU. You really are a tragic, lonely, fucked up narcissistic cunt. Was you gang raped as a kid while you were selling your arse? (Obviously you couldnтАЩt earn money any other way, being as mentally challenged as you are)
    Why donтАЩt you try and join the human race instead of always being on the outside, enviously looking in.
    If any of what you say about your current situation is true, and you are still being as twisted and fucked up as youтАЩve always been, then you are truly beyond help. LetтАЩs hope your suffering is short lived and the likes of you can quickly move on to hell and spread your venom and bile there.

At least he feeds em!

Matt,

Not that long ago (OK, it doesn't feel that long ago) I was in a very similar position to you - at a similar age to you, with my then Thai b/f at a similar age to yours, and similarly convinced that he was not only intelligent and an all-round great guy but capable, with my help, of doing anything he put his mind to. Unfortunately I was young and na├пve (OK, stupid) so it took me a long while to realize that all he was capable of doing was convincing me and others (farang or Thai, male or female, gay, straight or lesbian, young or old, it didn't matter) that he was a great guy - nothing beyond that. As became very clear, he wasn't.

I hope that your own relationship works out differently to that one.

Education.

While " A high-school diploma doesn't mean anything in Canada, and means even less in Issan" may be true, you are assuming that he is going to spend the rest of his life in rural Issan (or Canada). It means a great deal anywhere else in Thailand, and without it he would not even be considered for a job as a shelf stacker in Big C, Lotus, etc, or the vast majority of companies in Thailand - in many companies he would even find it hard to get a job taking out the garbage.

Yes, it would take a long time if he left school after 6 years - 4 years of adult education, followed by 3 or 4 years of college or tech, but it is certainly do-able particularly as he is only just 20 if it is what he wants. One of Pattaya's best known lawyers was in a similar position, working Jomtien beach, when a generous sponsor helped him finish school and then attend the Sorbonne. My partner shared a room for a while with one of his fellow masseurs, who taught him his first English; he is now a department head in a 5 star Pattaya hotel and also teaches business English. One of my partner's other friends finished four years of adult education this year and has started a course in computer studies at a technical college; another, after nearly 20 years as a "working boy", joined my partner on his advice on a 6 month full time course as a hair stylist and, like him, is now fully qualified and licenced and he has his own small but successful business in Mabtaphut. It can be done, if someone wants to do it; if they don't want to it is a complete waste of time and effort.

Buy a House. For most people, even considering building a house would come some way into a relationship and would have nothing to do with "character building". Building a decent house in Isaan costs about one tenth of the amount you have estimated.

Fund a Business. A good idea, but a waste of time and money unless he knows how to run the business. Back to education (or at least proper training, and running a business successfully means a lot more than just knowing how to cook/cut hair/repair motorbikes, etc). As so many small businesses fail, even when they are well run and appear to have everything going for them, what happens to the loan re-payments (and your relationship) if he is no longer in a position to make them? What is wrong with a "partnership", where you are at least a silent partner and sharing in any profits, or a more active partner, whether it is doing the books or the admin? If it makes a profit "you get your money back" and if it doesn't, through no fault of his (or yours), he is not left owing you money he will never be able to pay back and an unnecessary strain on whatever relationship you have.

Money. I cannot imagine why anyone would simply give someone a "wad of sweaty money" as a " one-shot-deal gift from heaven" other than as a promised "golden handshake" at the end of a relationship. If the relationship is ongoing it simply makes no sense, makes for a dangerous precedent, and could make for a lot of heartache when the giver sees how it is spent (or mis-spent), no matter how freely it was given.

Love. Some will respond to genuine love (not lust) far more than money, some will not - but as was also said which some have overlooked, that love "needs to be earned". I would also add that it needs to be earned by both sides (not just bought by one) and that earning it takes time and effort - my partner never told me he loved me until after we had been living together 24/7 for over three years, by which time it meant something.

The 3% / The Needle in the Haystack. Agreed - pretty rare, but that does not mean they do not exist. If you are one of the very few lucky enough to find it you will never look back.

Fuck, Smile and Tip Well. As advice for visitors here, I would have no arguments with that at all. For those living here, some (but by no means all) of us like to think that there is a little more to life but for those that don't it is not unreasonable.

Feeding the Monks. You don't "wake up at 6am three times a week, so (you) can go to the temple, and give the monks some food". You wake up at 6am to give them food on the street, or you give them food in the temple around 7.30; not both.

Crying. People cry, get emotional and have mood swings for all sorts of different reasons which others (including myself) all too often misunderstand.

Author: Gone Fishing ┬╗ Sun 17 Jan, 2010 12:01 pm

Matt,

Not that long ago (OK, it doesn't feel that long ago) I was in a very similar position to you - at a similar age to you, with my then Thai b/f at a similar age to yours, and similarly convinced that he was not only intelligent and an all-round great guy but capable, with my help, of doing anything he put his mind to. Unfortunately I was young and na├пve (OK, stupid) so it took me a long while to realize that all he was capable of doing was convincing me and others (farang or Thai, male or female, gay, straight or lesbian, young or old, it didn't matter) that he was a great guy - nothing beyond that. As became very clear, he wasn't.
    What happened to the guy that soured the whole thing? (if you don't mind my asking)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Silly girls!!...the only reasin Issan boys move to Thailands fleshpots is for a bit of adventure and money. They could easily stay back in the country side with their extended families working on the farm just like the vast majority of their compatriots.
    They move to the big city because they want KFC/coca-cola and nike....discover that working at the convenience store involves long hours & low pay so take the fast way out...selling their bodies....make more money in an average week than they would in a month on a construction site.
    Naturally the brighter ones go straight into prostitution.....without bothering with a "real" job.
    The best thing I can do for an Issan boy is off him......I'm happy...he gets paid...

When you think about it, why shouldn't that option be available anywhere in the world, if it brings two satisfied parties together and they each get what they want. Kinda makes you think that Thailand is the one place that best comes close to allowing such a simple, mutually advantagious transaction like that.

Liked

The best thing you can do is deal with them in an honest way. Don't make promises you can not keep or have no intention of keeping. The most used comment by thai guys on gayromeo is that they don't like liars.
    If all you want to do is get in their pants then pay them a decent fee and let it go at that. If they know going in that it is just sex most will appreciate you being honest and will accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by jacklipton
    ..... Gone Fishing ..... What happened to the guy that soured the whole thing? (if you don't mind my asking)
    I don't mind at all.

Surprisingly he is still alive (aged 40, when most people thought he was going to die by 21), still an alcoholic, still visibly reasonably healthy, and most surprisingly still lives in (and hasn't sold) the house I bought for him in Pattaya after we had finally gone our very separate ways (and it wasn't a tearful farewell present, it was simply that I had told him I would give him a house when we were on considerably better terms, so I did).

More details, if you want them, can be found by searching my posts on HIV and his lack of regard for his wife and then future sons, amongst others, in that and all other regards.

I wish I had never seen him in the first place, but what happened afterwards (in as much as it affected me) was up to me so he is not to blame for that. Fortunately it put me off the idea of any long term relationships for long enough so that I was still unattached when I met my partner, who is the most important thing in my life and always will be - probably one reason why I am happy to take out any ill feelings I have on some posters here (who thoroughly deserve it!) rather than on him!!