List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Best thing you can do for a Issan boy?

Liked

Re: Best thing you can do for a Issan boy?

Quote Originally Posted by Copper Pheel
    Definition of expert: X is an unknown quantity and a spurt is a drip under pressure. (It's not original; I read it somewhere, possibly even on Sawatdee. Was it homintern? Doubtless.....
    Absolutely doubtless

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com...p?f=12&t=18934

Author: Tiuri ┬╗ Thu 14 Jan, 2010 3:22 pm

What these lovely young lads need is a huge dose of LOVE. They don't want our stinking money, they simply want our love.

You've got to be kidding!! If you really believe what you write, you should try sticking your head into the next pool of cold water you come across and then think again.

I have lived in Thailand for 2 years and then returned to the west to finish my studies. I know a fair bit of Thai, and I see the hordes of either female ex-prostitutes or male ex-massage/barboys roaming the scene cafes and discos here. I even have a few Thai friends from that "scene" as well as Thais who came here for studying (which mostly turns out exceptionally hard for them, by the way). These groups (students vs. "garee") do not mingle at all as one group is disgusted by the other and the other cares only for parties, sex and drugs.

There are uncountable numbers of "boys" who have farang sitting at home why they have a good time partying and picking up guys for a "gig", and still manage to play the farang for a fool, such that he never finds out what's going on.

What they want ist: YOUR MONEY. Both your cash and your more "long-term" assets such as your house and car, and all other fine things that we farang tend to get during the course of our lives (inheritances, etc.).
    Yes, they make you FEEL they love you, both because they are incredible actors (ever heard the phrase: "lie like Siam"??) and because you're their best chance at a secure future. They are prepared to give a lot for that.

They even give in to your stupid desire to make them "study" your native language or study at universities, although they tend to fail quite quickly. There's also a good way to get quick money out of the farang bf if he insists the thai "should earn his own money", such as losing (= selling) one's mobile phone in the disco and getting the bf to pay for a new one. I won't continue the list here...

But don't dare fall ill, or lose your wealth. Then you will see how fast they run away with their "alternatives".

In my humble opinion, there is only one way to deal with this: As far as rent boys are concerned, fuck and forget. If you like them, give them a tip. Even a very generous tip will never compare to what you're about to lose once you "import" them to your country.
    If you want a reliable and truthful bf who really loves you, you have to try to get people who at least have a minimum of education and have learned the importance of hard work in life. Problem is: These people, being Thai, will be both shy and nearly unable to speak English. Unless you manage to find the needle in the haystack.

Tiuri
    Like I said..shorter Tiuri:

Fuck, smile and tip well!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper Pheel
    Definition of expert: X is an unknown quantity and a spurt is a drip under pressure. (It's not original; I read it somewhere, possibly even on Sawatdee. Was it homintern? Doubtless.....
    Absolutely doubtless http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com...p?f=12&t=18934
    I have to say I didn't find that definition sourced via that particular link Surfcrest. Are you also losing your grip?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tiuri
    These groups (students vs. "garee") do not mingle at all as one group is disgusted by the other and the other cares only for parties, sex and drugs.
    I think its unfair to say that students are only iterested in parties, sex and drugs :tongue3:
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    I think its unfair to say that students are only iterested in parties, sex and drugs :tongue3:
    They were MY only interests when I was at Cardiff Polytechnic.

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    These groups (students vs. "garee") do not mingle at all as one group is disgusted by the other and the other cares only for parties, sex and drugs.
    Well, I referred to the ex-rentboys mostly hanging out in discos at night
    While the students still like to party, they also have to pass exams, which means they can't party 5-7 days a week

Towards the other post, yes, I am generalizing, and believe me, I would love to be proven wrong. Unfortunately, around me there seem to be only poor (sometimes outright stupid) farang who believe their bf is the purest diamond on the planet while he exploits the farang for money (mostly for drugs) and fucks around till kingdom come.

It's also very funny to see that while in Thailand, you have mix of northerners, Issan boys, central Thais, and southerners, nearly ALL the (discobunny) Thais in the west are from Issaan (I'd say 95%), while the students are mostly central Thai and southerners. That would make it hard to be different and "good" even for a "decent-hearted" Issan boy, as he is shown by his mates constantly how "the system" works.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Which Western country are you talking about here?

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon
    Diec - wrong. Tiuri - Right.
    Both, Diec and Tuiri generalizing = wrong.
    I would actually have said "Both Diec and Tuiri right", under certain circumstances, but that would be the kiss of death for them both!

How to get to the real truth? How to know the best thing you can do for an Issan boy? How to know what bar boys really want?

IMO, we are never going to know by reading posts based on suppositions, anecdotes, guesses stemming from casual contact with bar workers or interpretations produced by referencing Western psychology. Everything posted on these topics is based on what we non-Thai customers think is best for the boys. Finding out what the boys really think is the only way to speak authoritatively on the matter. No clue as to how this can be done, but I am sure it's the only reliable source of information. In the meantime, our postings will remain nothing more than speculation, a way of allowing us to engage in debate without being in the least qualified to speak on behalf of working boys in Thailand.

The saving grace in all the discussions in the forum is that they help us to see that we are not alone in our failures to understand the boys whose charms have brought us to LOS.

Cheers.

Liked

Towards the other post, yes, I am generalizing, and believe me, I would love to be proven wrong.
    You are wrong though. You should never generalize like that, because you'll always be wrong, and will always end up with some jackass like myself explaining to you why you're wrong. :-) Really though, saying all Issan boys are low-life, drug using gambling addicts who don't know a hard day's work is just stupid. That's like me saying all wealthy businessmen with three piece suits snort cocaine. And what about all the Issan boys you don't see in the discos, who are busting their ass 16 hours a day for that whopping 150 baht?

As for the love thing, I'm sorry you don't believe, but some of them do genuinely want to be loved. My guy is a prime example. His parents split up when he was 9, and he's been working various jobs since he was 10, most of which were in a different city requiring him to be away from home. I don't think he's ever felt truly loved before. For example, his birthday was a couple days ago. I thought I was a pretty shitty boyfriend for doing so little, because all I did was buy him some flowers worth 900 baht, and a cake worth 660 baht, which I surprised him with at a small Thai karaoke we frequent. That was it. No presents, nothing. We ate at a Thai BBQ buffet place for 109 baht per person.

That night I had to pull him away from our group twice to calm him down because he was crying uncontrollably. He was overwhelmed that someone actually gave a shit about him, and loved him enough to put together a little birthday party for him. And he's the furthest thing from a low-life drug addict. He's the type of guy who wakes up at 6am three times a week, so he can goto the temple, and give the monks some food.

Anyway, yeah... you shouldn't generalize. :-)