Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: INSPIRATIONAL NEW GAY ANTHEM

Liked

Re: INSPIRATIONAL NEW GAY ANTHEM

Quote Originally Posted by bao-bao
    Well, "We Are The World" it ain't. What it is is a well-intentioned good idea that's about three minutes too long.

Wasn't Snow the one who posted videos of himself in a confrontation with a neighbor in his building in Bangkok someplace? I did a quick search on YouTube but didn't find it.
    Looks like he pulled it. I am told he still lives in the same pitiful room but the angry Thai guy has moved out. All's well that ends well.

Now his neighbors have to contend with his singing and apparently he don't know he can't carry a tune in a number 3 wash bucket.
    E Dok Tong

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    Looks like he pulled it. I am told he still lives in the same pitiful room but the angry Thai guy has moved out. All's well that ends well.

Now his neighbors have to contend with his singing and apparently he don't know he can't carry a tune in a number 3 wash bucket.
    Perhaps he made peace with the neighbor тАУ who knows. ThereтАЩs no need for anyone to deliberately persecute someone because of a difference they didnтАЩt choose, but that group of confrontational clips with his neighbor (that were posts to his blog, should memory serve) were irritating in that they were yet another example of someone who pushes their differences in the faces of others and then gets all upset when they arenтАЩt embraced for it. It reminded me a little of Stan/LorettaтАЩs coming out scene in Life of Brian in that they were "symbolic of his struggle against reality"...

[youtube:13tzfy0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c[/youtube:13tzfy0k]

I know this clip is off topic but I thought perhaps it might make up for the live performance above. :cheers:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think Nick Snow is a lively and enthusiastic character and all... but does anyone else find snowfan a little creepy? I mean he only ever comes on here to post gushing comments and suggestions about Snow.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    I think Nick Snow is a lively and enthusiastic character and all... but does anyone else find snowfan a little creepy? I mean he only ever comes on here to post gushing comments and suggestions about Snow.
    Several possibilities. Could be Nicklaus himself, doing a bit of reverse psychology self promotion. Could be someone with an axe to grind, some personal dispute with Nicklaus or just someone that wondered into his web site and was amused and annoyed. Nicklaus is one of the out there and known residents of Bangkok and can be quite.. well..... lets just say full of himself but sometimes in a comical way. His saving grace in person is the contact time is usually very short.

His stick is to make those promotional u-tube videos in exchange for free lodging and or free membership in a gym. Too bad he does not have anyone to hold the camera for him. Someone told me he gets a lot more refusals on this offer than takers.

I ran into him once at one of the International Film Festivals and he was posing with some Thai guy holding an unplugged microphone like he was being interviewed. He was in a tux and some red thing around his neck that looked like those things that are on the end side of beds in some hotels for decoration. He had a fake name/pass thing on his lapel from something else.
    E Dok Tong

I just hope that he has made plans for the future as his HIV medication (and regular check ups) once he needs to start taking them will not be free or at low cost for him in Thailand. Good luck to the guy whatever..................

Forum's veteran
    Liked

His stick is to make those promotional u-tube videos in exchange for free lodging and or free membership in a gym. Too bad he does not have anyone to hold the camera for him. Someone told me he gets a lot more refusals on this offer than takers.
    Could be one of LMTU/bottomsup/let me tell you's students, perhaps? Maybe his brother? :cheers:

Having looked back through the handful of snowfan's posts here it does seem as though it could be Snow himself or maybe someone he's done a promo for (wink wink).

Not bad work, if you can get it. I do give him points for taking down the whine-a-thon YouTube clips about his neighbor. Not someone I'd care to have dinner with, but good luck to him - he certainly sounds like a character.

I saw the TITLE of the thread and thought the OP was looking for suggestions....

I was going to chip in with "Nobody Loves a Fairy When She's Forty"

..... which could be adapted for Thailand simply by changing 40 to 70

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

He's certainly pretty out there and thick skinned...

Some of his videos are fun... the one of the D2 Pattaya and Jomtien Beach were entertaining. If he did them all like that he might be onto a good thing but most of the others are pretty dull and uninspiring.

I was actually a little turned on by the video of his cute, half naked neighour going nuts... imagine the boy's BF would've got some pretty passionate loving being so fired up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by let me tell u
    what on earth was he thinking of to publicize his illness, stick to gay exposes. :dontknow:
    Hypocrite

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by let me tell u
    what on earth was he thinking of to publicize his illness
    It would never be my style to publicize an illness let alone talk about something like that in public let alone on an internet message board such as this one.

And, while I'd generally not criticize somebody else for doing the opposite (in spite of the fact I don't think much of somebody that does it), the only exception I'd make to my personal rule would be the case where some incredibly dumbass jerk scoffs at somebody for doing that within weeks of having done it himself. Take a bow, LMTU.