Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Silom Festival 2010

Liked

Re: Silom Festival 2010

I see that there a lot of interest in something that does not involve bars, go-go boys and sexual adventures, not that there's anything wrong with all that. For those interested they are starting to gussy up Silom now and have taken all the drab shrubbery, dirt and the usual beggars are gone and it's been replaced with lush tropical plants and flowers. Too bad the new sidewalk is now pretty much destroyed by the regular push cart sellers of fake nick knacks, DVD's and vaches.
    E Dok Tong

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    and vaches.
    That would be one of these .....?

Liked

So, did anyone go beside me? It was very crowded and very loud. Lots of the local restaurants had booths and were selling food at very reasonable prices, some of the booths had free food samples and drinks. There were several stages, street performers, rock bands, parades, a fireworks display and traditional Thai performances. A little of everything and did I mention LOUD. I was however, glad I went.
    E Dok Tong

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

TrongpaiExpat,
    It would seem that you were on your own. It would seem that cultural festivals in any guise is not the fort├й of those here assembled, mores the pity. But, if you hear of anything going down in the cultural or artistic or even general interest in May, I would appreciate if you could advise me.

I will be there May 8 - 21 to see my Pakistani-Turk man and I am always on the lookout as to how to spend the days. We have already done the Bangkok Art and Culture Centre (BACC) but will return as I love the building and I am sure some of the exhibitions inside will have changed since last September.

Cheers and keep up being our culture vulture and arts attach├й. I for one am interested,
    Krobbie

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As am I, TrongpaiExpat. Thanks for posting about the street fair - had I been in Bangkok I'd have gone, too.

As for the guys who confine themselves to the Gay Ghetto, I say have at it - less drool dribbled around the guys in other areas! :cheers:

I was there too, seemed half of the population of Bangkok was too. The Thai boxing in the evening drew a big crowd. Hope it becomes a regular event.