Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dongtan gay beach

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Dongtan gay beach

In another forum (Urban Cowboy's) he observed how the gay beach area in Jomtien has become so mixed. I have also observed this more this tourist peak season-- many Russian families and other couples ??? in the Dongtan area. When my Thai bf from BKK comes down to visit, we like to go to Dongtan Beach to relax and people watch on weekends. We don't stay at the Ritz??? section which is packed but we sit in the area near Tui's. I realize that everyone is "free" to choose where they want to sit, but most Western families would stay away from a gay beach area realizing the privacy issue. What is the solution, to put up more rainbow flags or what? I think Dongtan gay beach is losing its claim.

Liked

Re: Dongtan gay beach

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    In another forum (Urban Cowboy's) he observed how the gay beach area in Jomtien has become so mixed. I have also observed this more this tourist peak season-- many Russian families and other couples ??? in the Dongtan area. When my Thai bf from BKK comes down to visit, we like to go to Dongtan Beach to relax and people watch on weekends. We don't stay at the Ritz??? section which is packed but we sit in the area near Tui's. I realize that everyone is "free" to choose where they want to sit, but most Western families would stay away from a gay beach area realizing the privacy issue. What is the solution, to put up more rainbow flags or what? I think Dongtan gay beach is losing its claim.
    The symbolism and message of the "rainbow flag" seems to be this which I copied from the web: "The use of rainbow flags has a long tradition; they are displayed in many cultures around the world as a sign of diversity and inclusiveness".

So now you want to stay in a gay ghetto? I always thought the idea was acceptance of diversity in all its forms? I know several families who like the idea of exposing their kids to a wide array of what life has to offer, sexually and otherwise.
    And what is the "privacy issue". Do you think a beach is your private club?

Which are worst:
    The fat Russian babushkas or the fat German paedos? Both groups I could do without.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thai Dyed stated:

The symbolism and message of the "rainbow flag" seems to be this which I copied from the web: "The use of rainbow flags has a long tradition; they are displayed in many cultures around the world as a sign of diversity and inclusiveness".

So now you want to stay in a gay ghetto? I always thought the idea was acceptance of diversity in all its forms? I know several families who like the idea of exposing their kids to a wide array of what life has to offer, sexually and otherwise.
    And what is the "privacy issue". Do you think a beach is your private club?"
    Comment: Yes, expose your "family" to the vendors walking around selling sex DVD's; older fat farangs along the beach holding hands with a Thai boy that is 40 years younger; the "foot-groin" massages next to your chair... When my BF and I are at Dongtan Beach we just ignore the families and kids and still show affection to one another...it is their problem,not ours. I understand Thai Dyed's point about the rainbow flag representing inclusiveness; however, at other "gay beaches" around the world, families tend to stay away from beaches displaying the rainbow flag.

Liked

I doubt the Russians recognize the gay flag or know a beach is gay or not gay. I think the word is "clueless".

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    I doubt the Russians recognize the gay flag or know a beach is gay or not gay. I think the word is "clueless".
    But Ugandans are not so "clueless". They know how to handle gays who get too uppity or feisty.
    Did you see? The New York Times piece about how Ugandan officials took the American evangelicals' beliefs about the best ways to punish/reform "evil" gays to its natural conclusion, and decided, if all other forcible rehab options fail, it would be perfectly appropriate to simply exterminate the homosexuals?

There is normally only a gay flag at the far end of the gay area.

One at both ends might discourage a few of the fat white cows.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Heh... What if all the gay guys just "Moooo'd" whenever a lady approaches? (I am kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Heh... What if all the gay guys just "Moooo'd" whenever a lady approaches? (I am kidding)
    You might be kidding, but that's one of the better Sawatdee ideas. Ideally there should be a Thai guy sat on your lap mooing at the same time.

Liked

Agree, when last there, many straight couples and familys took up residence on this section of the beach, lets face it its only a small section the gay comunity asks to have, cant they at least leave us alone at this one spot?
    We stay at the Rabbit and will be again in March, hope its quieter then.