Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: book now or wait?

Re: book now or wait?

It becomes very annoying to read this board and constantly see some of you constantly referring to an old posting name(badboybilly) that has not been used for nearly 3 years nor has the poster with that former name posted on here since that time .
    I think the last was in late 2007.
    And I am 100% per cent positive of that.
    It makes me wonder why some of you still remember this.?

I doubt the newish posters,(2008/2009) Andyinoz ,paperboy etc, understand what you are talking about when you accuse them of being this former poster as it was before their time.

As I said , I am 100% sure that no posts have been made by the former poster who last used that name I believe around 2007 or so.

Could we please stop referring to the above former posting name nor make anymore unsubstaniated allegations.

Contrary to what Lonely Wombat alleges,I doubt whether the former poster referred to ,(bbb)would of been so low to make threats nor used swearing as much as the new posters seem to do on this board nowadays.
    I think somehow he/her would of had a bit more tact .
    So to set the record straight the poster has not been active on this board for several years ,so no more alleging new posters or emails etc are from a former poster many moons ago.

I do apologise for the rant and for those who hold no interest in this,however it becomes increasingly annoying,....and boring, when reading this board to see this former posting name (badboybilly) being constantly brought up to make an accusation against some poor soul such as the OP who innocently asks a question,only to be accused of being the former poster .

I think the last time I saw the former poster referred to,was on Elizabeth Street in the City smiling as he was writing a parking ticket knowing he was doing his bloody duty for the City and showing no interest in this board nor sending emails to anyone on here.
    I do realise by reading this board (from time to time)that some of you lead boring lives and the highlight of the day is posting on this board and I would certainly would hate to take the fun out of your day but...............................
    .................................................. ......................................... leave the past in the past.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cloveronoxford
    It becomes very annoying to read this board and constantly see some of you constantly referring to an old posting name(badboybilly) that has not been used for nearly 3 years nor has the poster with that former name posted on here since that time .
    I think the last was in late 2007.
    And I am 100% per cent positive of that.
    It makes me wonder why some of you still remember this.?
    And the reason *you* recall him and know for a fact that he has never posted on here since "late 2007" (you even know exactly when he left) is .... ?
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

It becomes very annoying to read this board and constantly see some of you constantly referring to an old posting name(badboybilly) that has not been used for nearly 3 years nor has the poster with that former name posted on here since that time.
    If you have been reading this board so frequently without ever contributing, do you think that it might have been better if your first post had actually contributed something to the forum, rather than complaining about the quality of the entertainment that us volunteers have been providing so far!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

1) I would book my flight 2-3 months before the departure date since the prices seem to increase one month or so before (talking about Orbitz or Expedia)
    2) I would wait about a month before booking a hotel and I would book it with Agoda. They seem to have the most updated prices and best discounts. If you book a hotel now, the prices may be higher than if you wait until slow season. The hotels in the Silom area that are decent and reasonably priced are: Rose Hotel; Rooms@Silom Hotel; Tawana Bangkok Hotel; Unico Grand; Rose Hotel; Bally Studio; Pinnacle Lupinee Hotel, I Residence and Silom Regent ( a bit small but good location). I have stayed at all of these the last few years and their prices are under 1600 baht- check Agoda for prices (peak season now but reduce by May). Some of the hotels have small pools, others do not. But they are all walking distance to soi 4 and soi 2 (unless you are unhealthy ) I agree, stay away from the international chains...too many families and they do have visitor charges.

Liked

A big big thankyou to thrill bill

i owe you a beer, will get u 1 if u wanted when im over lol
    thanks for t he recmendations for the hotels, the hotel i went for is the malaysia
    Do you know it??? its very cheep, just under 1000 bahts a night for deluxe and has pool and also seems to be in the middle of the gay life. i liked the tarntawana hotel but more expensive and no pool.

once again thanks to all the lovely people who have helped this new poor sod

paperboy

I do apologise for the rant and for those who hold no interest in this,however it becomes increasingly annoying,....and boring, when reading this board to see this former posting name (badboybilly) being constantly brought up to make an accusation against some poor soul such as the OP who innocently asks a question,only to be accused of being the former poster .
    Friend, I find this whole episode bizarre. I'm rather new to the board and had NO underlying reason to judge Paperboy by anything other than the way he went about engaging the forum for his information. My objections, and they continue to this day (Paperboy has not even now offered up what finally decided to do after a week of polling members here..the fruits of his search, so to speak...so others could benefit from his investment in forum time), revolve 100% around the manner in which he initiated and interacted with the board. He didn't do the simplest research. He didn't follow any of the advice offered by seasoned board participants. His whole reaching out only appeared when some of our more indulgent members offered up a defense of his naivety. I'm perplexed, in reviewing all of his post that not ONCE did he go 'OH YEAH, CHECKED THAT OUT BUT DO YA THINK IT'S REALLY THAT KOOL'?? No follow up feedback. NO, 'I found this and I'm not sure about it (because I'm so neeeeewwww!).

Other longtime members have stated plainly that Paperboy is a troll. An avatar for a former malevolent member that has a long trail of misdeeds at the expense of several members and the board in general. I don't have a dog in that fight, but if you combine my instincts, along with many others such as Brad and Hereforme, it adds up to a board consensus that this dude has either not gone about interacting with the board in a proper way, at BEST, or he is a persona non grata that has been trapped trying to dupe the board.

New members, such as you, signing up to offer your take at first blanche, are to be commended for caring enough to contribute, but the bottom line is that the history of the board, and its ability to protect itself from people like andyinoz, amongst others, is singularly important to US. It may offend your sense of fairness right off, but I can assure you that if steps aren't undertaken to vet 'new' posters such as Paperboy this, and any forum, would become a farce.

At the end of the day, I evaluated and judged Paperboy entirely on the way he used the forum. He started four threads on subjects that have been widely archived here and never replied or contributed forward on ANY of the advice he was given by board members (on the forum) which is why he arose such suspicion in the first place. It's as if he already knew the answers and only was posing questions for maximum retaliatory effect on members that might have been suspicious.

I still await his summing up of travel plans he made with the benefit of the forum, which he grandly trumpeted with his 'THANK YOU' thread, the fifth.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So if you're a regular member... then who are you? (Obviously not this handle as it is your first post as this handle).

If you're not a regular member but have been reading without contributing... why should we care what bores you?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy
    A big big thankyou to thrill bill
    i owe you a beer, will get u 1 if u wanted when im over lol
    thanks for t he recmendations for the hotels, the hotel i went for is the malaysia
    Do you know it??? its very cheep, just under 1000 bahts a night for deluxe and has pool and also seems to be in the middle of the gay life. i liked the tarntawana hotel but more expensive and no pool.
    once again thanks to all the lovely people who have helped this new poor sod
    paperboy
    What is interesting about paperboy is his use of fractured English. He spells the difficult words correctly and misspells the easy ones. Check out his posts.
    He says he is from Spain and one assumes he speaks Spanish. Yet he writes the English word "recommendations" or Spanish word "recommendacions" as "recmendations". A troll for sure.

Author: hereforme ┬╗ Sat 9 Jan, 2010 2:50 pm

Well there seems to be an agreement here MODERATOR PLEASE END THIS POST! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH It does not matter who he is.Time to move on....You reckon?
    Hear hear! Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    So if you're a regular member... then who are you? (Obviously not this handle as it is your first post as this handle).
    Copper Pheel, who else?