Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: HAS "YES WE CAN" BECOME I THOUGHT I COULD?

Re: HAS "YES WE CAN" BECOME I THOUGHT I COULD?

Is there an explanation for this remark?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by hereforme
    Yes total lack of accomplishment.......
    Nice to have an opinion from the former masters.

I voted for Obama and I disagree with your assessment. He's been in office for less than a year and has, in my view, changed a lot of perceptions around the world (hmmm....he did get the Nobel peace prize for something), accomplished many things here at home (mostly those that are not headline-grabbing across the big pond), and is on the verge of getting a major health care change that's been in the works for almost a 100 years.

Come to think of it, I don't recall hearing anything about any accomplishments by Mr. Brown during the past year. Given he's your grand leader and you might know a bit more about what's been going on in your neck of the woods, perhaps you could list those accomplishments?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by hereforme
    Yes total lack of accomplishment.......
    Nice to have an opinion from the former masters.

Come to think of it, I don't recall hearing anything about any accomplishments by Mr. Brown during the past year. Given he's your grand leader and you might know a bit more about what's been going on in your neck of the woods, perhaps you could list those accomplishments?
    Why, Bob, should the original poster Hereforme know anything about Gordon Brown at all? After all, his spelling of "Labor" indicates that he is not British (where we have the "Labour" Party in office) but probably, I guess, Australian (their government is currently run by the "Labor" party). Thus, if I am correct, his is an opinion not, as you so snidely put it, from the "former masters" but just like your own - from another ex-colony.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I never noticed the Australian Labor Party was spelt without the "U" in "Labour"... strange.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    ... strange.
    ...but true.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    ... strange.
    ...but true.
    And, were he alive, perhaps Nobel would consider it noble too?

Liked

I have found him to be a total disappointment, broken promises and lack of leadership and Smokey Chicago style back room deals has plagued the congress and White house with a lack of openness or transparency amid broken promises that it would all be on C-Span became just another promise broken that never had to be. I am disappointed to the core and His one love affair with the one agenda of health care at the expense of everything else and politicians diving in to give up their life in politics to save his ass has been to me nothing more than a Jimmy Carter Presidency... at least at this point. I do agree the jury is still out and it is early to decide where he will take us, however at this point, I would say it is the total shift to the left and a moderate view of the wars has both sides out to get him. I think he is going to be a one term president and the 2010 election is going to add a balance that may stop anything at all he wanted to accomplish.

All the bst

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    hmmm....he did get the Nobel peace prize for something
    Yes, I am sure it was for "something", but if it was for anything he has actually achieved (other than being the first black American president), rather than just planned, what did he get it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley
    I have found him to be a total disappointment, broken promises and lack of leadership and Smokey Chicago style back room deals has plagued the congress and White house with a lack of openness or transparency .... I think he is going to be a one term president and the 2010 election is going to add a balance that may stop anything at all he wanted to accomplish.

Wes
    Geez Wes. You ought to stop reading whatever you're reading and pick up Huffington Post or watch Suze Orman or Chris Matthews or something.
    The Republican Right Wing Noise Machine is nothing but that - Noise.

So Obama hasn't fixed the world yet? Considering the mess Bush and the Republicans made of it the last 8 years it would take a Hercules to clean out these Augean Stables.