Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAB warning

Forum's veteran
    Liked

NAB warning

Pattaya: When NAB first opened a year ago ? I would walk in with my Thai friend (or alone) around midnight and would be graciously given a table and then waited on. I would go 1-2 times a month and though my Thia bf and I would not order a big bottle of Johnny Walker, the bucket of ice, sodas and all the trimmings-- I still ended ordering around 6 mixed drinks between my BF I..plus tipping the waiter. Last night , a Thai friend and I went to NAB before midnight to get a good table and ALL were reserved. Royally pissed me off since a month ago only a few of the tables would be reserved. So though the tables were not occupied until 2am or after, the two of us were pushed in the back. On one of the TV screens showed a ph. number one can call up to reserve a table ahead of time, so that was the reason for an incfrease of reserved tables. If there are just two of you, be ready for the possiblity for your table to be taken over by a group strutting in after 3am without the waiter asking.

Re: NAB warning

:idea: So now is your chance to let the board help you get even with NAB. :idea:

Publish that reservation number here. Then we can get our Thai friends to call up and reserve tables even though we have no intention of going to NAB.

It won't take the management long to cancel their reservation policy with scores of empty reserved tables every night :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

(this nasty 'False Reservation' trick is also good for getting even with restaurants that have pissed you off)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by patrick66
    :idea: So now is your chance to let the board help you get even with NAB. :idea:

Publish that reservation number here. Then we can get our Thai friends to call up and reserve tables even though we have no intention of going to NAB.

It won't take the management long to cancel their reservation policy with scores of empty reserved tables every night :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

(this nasty 'False Reservation' trick is also good for getting even with restaurants that have pissed you off)
    Thanks --that will be a real help for those of us that goes there on a regular basis--might it not be a better idea to get your thai friends to call the management re your concerns

i can understand the op frustration in this but Nab policy is that any reserved table that is not occupied by 12.30 is released,i have fallen foul to this rule on one occasion

Nab can get busy and the reservation system makes sense if you are a regular --same for any resturants etc that we all book in advance in our home countries --- please dont be petty and ring up some number to make a farang statment--nab run a good show there--hence its so popular-might not be everybodys cup of tea but it is to a lot of people (for now anyway )

Does anybody know anything re Xray reopening//--am hearing conflicting reports on this--its opening /then its not

Forum's veteran
    Liked

We are all aware of restaurants reserving tables for their customers, but I have never been in a restaurant where you walk in and all the tables are reserved and it is 3 hours later when they become fully occupied. No, NAB is not following their 12:30 policy if that is true. For those who do want to reserve a spot, the number is : 0847809078 Yes, maybe it is time to visit the new Xray--across from Holllywood????

For those who do clubbing in BKK, GOD has a special where a group of 6 (I think it is 6) will get a free bottle of whiskey before midnight. Unfortunatley, GOD is still closing at 3am.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    What a bunch of silly old queens. Why not just pick up the phone and make a reservation when you intend to go and want a table?
    Out of fear that the person on the other end is speaking in Thai. Most of the posters here don't speak Thai or even have mastered simple Thai. First, one would have to put a sentence together then figure out the way Thais tell time with all that reordering of the numbers with moon chaaw ka thum They would end up making a reservation for 10 in the morning.

Thais hang on to this antiquated way of telling time like Americans hang on to English measurements. This am/pm stuff is also outdated, move on to the 24 hour clock, the only logical way to tell time.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

I said "most of the posters here" I did not include myself. I am still learning Thai but it's coming along.

I don't fault those who have very limited or no functionality with Thai. To each is own.
    E Dok Tong

Are you not all a bit old for these places?

Would an afternoon tea dance in the Soi outside @ Richards not be more appropriate AND save you money - after all, those corsets can't be cheap.

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What a bunch of silly old queens. Why not just pick up the phone and make a reservation when you intend to go and want a table?
    Hey "Dickhead" (appropriate name) that was the whole purpose of my entry...to warn clubbers that they better book a table before going. DUH

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked

They probably can't remember the number.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Forum's veteran
    Liked

--- My mistake, booking a table ahead of time is only for the busy nights which is on Friday and Saturday nights. During the week you can walk in and get a table without having one booked ahead of time. Also, the handsome, muscular-toned guys on stage only appear on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. During the week, it is the slimmer type of coyote dancers.