Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: San Francisco Hotel

San Francisco Hotel

I will be visiting San Francisco in early February 2010. Since I have never been to that part of the US before, I want to ask the members of this forum if they could recommend some hotels in SF. I know there are lots of hotels, and I have already checked the Agoda web site, so if noone here has any recommendations, I will just go ahead and book through them. The reason why I post my question here, is that some of you might be from that part of the world and therefore be familiar with hotels in SF. I would prefer a hotel downtown, centrally located and preferably not over 100 US per night. Anyway, thanks for any advice from you guys!

Re: San Francisco Hotel

Do you know what "not over $100 per night" buys you in a big American city these days? Well...it's not much.

Check reviews here, but you better open your wallet if you want anything decent.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g6071 ... otels.html

You don't mention your age. Many hotel chains offer a discount, often around 15%, for guests who are 62+. A friend tells me that although only his fifties he often books a 62+ rate as the check-in clerks have no idea what all the room rate codes mean and don't know to check his ID for birth date. Your travel agent may also have access to better room rates than Agoda as you could be eligible for an even better rate in conjunction with your international ticket. Beyond that I haven't been to San Francisco to stay for years and years (transit a couple of times) although I believe that if you are prepared to stay out near the airport and use the BART system to travel in to the city centre you may also find that a cheaper option. By the way this is the wrong Forum so your post may be moved to somewhere more appropriate.

How ironic! I have a friend in his sixties who claims to be in his early fifties on his internet profiles!

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bunny
    How ironic! I have a friend in his sixties who claims to be in his early fifties on his internet profiles!
    You have a friend? Now that IS interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bunny
    As a matter of fact I do! His name is Donald; do you know him?

[quote=Beach Bunny]
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    Quote Originally Posted by "Beach Bunny":29x8q42t
    As a matter of fact I do! His name is Donald; do you know him?[/quote:29x8q42t]Beach Bunny is friends with Donald Duck?! Who introduced you - Walt Disney?

Not Donald from Disney; Donald from Melbourne. Surely you've seen him around.

Liked

Does he wear a matching pink shirt?
    [color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by giggsy
    Does he wear a matching pink shirt?
    Matching to what? His drawers?