Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Grand Opening Events Lavender Nov 20-22

Liked

Re: Grand Opening Events Lavender Nov 20-22

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklipton
    Chiang Mai is hardly a non-tourist area...it's the 4th largest commercialized GAY sex destination in the world.
    What is the source/basis of this unlikely statistic?
    4th largest commercialized gay sex destination in the world? I doubt that but I have not seen any statistics either way. Maybe he meant the fourth largest in Thailand?

We've got a couple of gay saunas, five gay (gogo-type) bars, more than a dozen gay massage venues, and a smattering of other "gay" places which aren't really commercialized sex operations. The gay scene here isn't insignificant (especially to gays) but, overall, it's a very small part of what Chiangmai is all about.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dreaded ned
    Dreaded Ned?, is this the once famous dreaded ned? I though you died? Thinking of restarting your old message board? You can take LMTU and Dickhead for starters.
    E Dok Tong

jacklipton wrote:
    It's a horseshit argument from someone who frequents a forum dedicated to finding young guys to screw for money)

This forum is not "dedicated" to that. There are a number of posts and posters here who are able to see beyond the end of their own or anyone else's cock, and who do not assume that money is the only attribute that they bring to the table.
    That was an unfortunate slip on my part- Freudian Slip? My humblest apology. I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote that.

Jacklipton wrote:

Chiang Mai is hardly a non-tourist area...it's the 4th largest commercialized GAY sex destination in the world.

I'm sorry for the leap here as well. I meant to say 'in Thailand'. I hope that passes muster. I guess you can put all the other spots in the world where gay prostitution is somewhat accepted in and around the Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai order- though, based on my experience, Chiang Mai is a far busier gay venue than Phuket- in retrospect I'd flip them on that order [and if someone can kindly point out anywhere else on the globe where gay prostitution is so prevalent and acceptable with no qualms I would love to know more about them ;-)].

My point was set against the Bkkguy/Dreaded Ned point that Chiang Mai could be lumped into the non-tourist area category. Would you concede that Chiang Mai is a bonafide tourist destination with a somewhat active commercial gay scene?

I'm at a loss to contest this anymore. Lavender Lanna Hotel exists and it will continue to make its way on the Chiang Mai gay scene. You guys that have a problem with that, as bizarre as it may be considering the content of this particular site, can either support it and appreciate whatever it has to offer or you can shoot spitwads from the back of class because it technically has complimentary product offerings to serve its clientele under one roof. Now if that bothers you, that's your right, but short of blowing up the hotel I don't see how constructive it is to demonize it or cast aspersions on the people that took the chance to undertake it.

I think LMTU/Beach Bunny/Dickhead/bkkguy(?)/Dreaded Ned(?) is completely within rights to feel as he does, but what does any reasonable person expect the proprietors to do at this point? What is your constructive advice if you have an issue with the concept given that it's already open and has apparently been received by the gay community as a positive gay scene contribution???

The second guessing seems so petty and knitpicking given the reality of the hotel's existence.

That was an unfortunate slip on my part- Freudian Slip? My humblest apology. I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote that.
    Thought you were on CFS? :blackeye:

and if someone can kindly point out anywhere else on the globe where gay prostitution is so prevalent and acceptable with no qualms I would love to know more about them ;-)
    I think they have the market cornered.

Ultimately who has the most money & connections will end up deciding this issue, just like everything else.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

jacklipton wrote:
    It's a horseshit argument from someone who frequents a forum dedicated to finding young guys to screw for money)

This forum is not "dedicated" to that. There are a number of posts and posters here who are able to see beyond the end of their own or anyone else's cock, and who do not assume that money is the only attribute that they bring to the table.

[quote:24wmwb8r]Jacklipton wrote:

I'm sorry for the leap here as well. I meant to say 'in Thailand'[/quote:24wmwb8r]

Would you be available to give lessons in graciousness when corrected, to one of our regular posters?

Would you be available to give lessons in graciousness when corrected, to one of our regular posters?
    Sure...though my friends say I seem to have a way of saying 'fuck off' in between the lines...or maybe that's your point???

God knows I'm wrong enough all too often. I'm shocked at how much the obvious gets by me!