List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luxury Center Condo - Great Value - For Sale!

Liked

Re: Luxury Center Condo - Great Value - For Sale!

I've also read (online) and heard (bar talk) that there are some noise issues with the neighbors: the wat begins chanting and other celebrations on LOUD speakers from early morning. Ditto for the school across the street -- apparently the female (principal?) has a particularly annoying voice when her screeching at her pupils begins quite early in the morning.

However, the old realtor maxim: "Location, location, location," seems to give considerable value to the building.

At least the noise from Hollywood Disco went away when that establishment moved.
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

Liked

A few months back I terminated my lease at Center Condo and moved elsewhere.
    I was on a low floor so used the stairs instead of the appallingly lift service but apart from that aggravation other problems incl: 1) the tap and shower water is usually dirty and despite constant complaints nothing done about it 2) whilst I did not have to take the elevator when I used the stairs and most floors I passed on my way up stink of cat piss and there is no regulation re pets 3) even more serious is that some apartments are infested with cockroaches and ants and one time my neighbour who has also moved out was hospitalised as a result of an ant attack when he was asleep in his bed 4) poor security .
    The building is aged and is most definitely not recommended.

Good luck to Travelerjim's "American friend". Ha!

But how much does he want for those his and her matching naugahyde La-Z-Boy recliners? Extremely tasteful.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bunny

But how much does he want for those his and her matching naugahyde La-Z-Boy recliners? Extremely tasteful.
    I am prepared to make an immediate offer of 100,000 Thai Bhat (One Hundred Thousand Only) spot cash for the condo only. The nauga and La-Z-Boys must go! Take it or leave it.[attachment=0:22jmgcbt]nauga.jpg[/attachment:22jmgcbt]

Liked

To sum up

In summary then, the condo might be luxurious but the building certainly isn't? No wonder it's a bargain. It sounds like a fairly typical condo investment story in Thailand - rather like the flight attendants outfits when flying on Thai Airways. Sumptuous silks to begin, tatty street clothes to end. Amazing Thailand.

Liked

FYI...SOME COMMENTS REGARDING POSTINGS...

Center Condos - South Pattaya Road...
    Next to Wat Chai & across from TukCom
    Easy walking distance to Boyztown, Sunee Plaza, Day-Night area, and more...

The Two LazyBoy Chairs are real Leather...(not otherwise)...
    and original cost was 55,000 THB EACH.

The quality of the furniture and fixtures throughout is very high ...
    the teak wood furniture, finishing and doors is beautifully crafted...

And, for those who do want CONVENIENCE...
    LOCATION - LOCATION - LOCATION -
    the condos at center Condo are for you!

Yes, as in most condo projects...
    especially in Thailand...
    management and maintenance...
    as well as security and tenants..
    can and may be problematic at times...

Some friends of mine who have occupied Center Condos...
    would not ...choose to live elsewhere...yet...
    others wish they had never moved in!

The comments shared on this board and others are valid...
    and must be considered....the rental value stated of 10,000 THB
    is very LOW...and one owner who owns many in Center Condo
    has stated he believes it would rent for 20-22,000 THB due to its quality.

A "long term" year lease + tenant at the mid-point is probably a very real scenario...
    because of its location and quality of furnishings and 1BR condo.

"UP TO YOU"..but this condo is quality and
    if you like the location...
    AGAIN - LOCATION - LOCATION - LOCATION...
    IT'S a great value!

tj
    Tj

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by travelerjim
    The Two LazyBoy Chairs are real Leather...(not otherwise)...
    and original cost was 55,000 THB EACH.

The quality of the furniture and fixtures throughout is very high ...
    the teak wood furniture, finishing and doors is beautifully crafted...
    Look, I told you I don't want the La-Z-Boy recliners even in leather or anything else! I don't want all that other stuff this guy has dragged in there either since the male prostitutes I pick up will only think I am a real fool owning all that and they will up their tips they expect!

The place is sufficiently down-market and that is the image I want to keep so the boys selling their asses don't get any fancy ideas.

My offer of 100,000 Thai Baht for the condo stands. Take it or leave it. Up to you!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

51 sq.meters is a "studio" sized unit. Some have a dividing wall and have a windowless living room
    and use the only windows (with the terrace door) as a bedroom but it is misleading to call it a one
    bedroom.. In my book, you need a window in a room to call it a room. Maybe the price makes more
    sense now.
    Agreed, the elevators are a nightmare but the location is magical if you like to hit the Boystown sois,
    DayNite and Sunee Plaza. It is an old condo by Pattaya standards and it can be sleezy with boys ringing
    your bell if their regular customer isn't available or they just make the rounds. Security is a joke but
    better than nothing.
    I'd love to there right now.. :8(

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by zinzone
    A few months back I terminated my lease at Center Condo and moved elsewhere.
    I was on a low floor so used the stairs instead of the appallingly lift service but apart from that aggravation other problems incl: 1) the tap and shower water is usually dirty and despite constant complaints nothing done about it 2) whilst I did not have to take the elevator when I used the stairs and most floors I passed on my way up stink of cat piss and there is no regulation re pets 3) even more serious is that some apartments are infested with cockroaches and ants and one time my neighbour who has also moved out was hospitalised as a result of an ant attack when he was asleep in his bed 4) poor security .
    The building is aged and is most definitely not recommended.
    Oh my god! This place really sounds like the pits. Ant attacks, cat piss and cockroaches added to all the noise in the area on top of almost non-existent maintenance. Holy shit!

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    51 sq.meters is a "studio" sized unit. ...it is misleading to call it a one
    bedroom..
    Agreed - the bedroom (even with a small bed) is a box; this is a bed-sit. Anyone who claims they could get 8.8% return and is selling is dreaming, but this is Pattaya and there's a fool along every minute (or maybe a little less frequently at the moment).