Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: An amazing Report.The truth must be told Re: THE VENUE

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: An amazing Report.The truth must be told Re: THE VENUE

Quote Originally Posted by SnowViking
    no need to go to the front desk for the room key every time (can bring the key with you, although I suppose they don't approve of it). .
    Strange... I've only stayed in one place (not in Thailand) where you didn't bring your room key with you. What's the reason for this practice? (Handing your room key in at the front desk on the way out).

Liked

Strange... I've only stayed in one place (not in Thailand) where you didn't bring your room key with you. What's the reason for this practice? (Handing your room key in at the front desk on the way out).
    I suppose it's just a matter of where you've stayed. I'd say, in the hotels I've stayed in, in Europe and Asia, that it's the usual practice to keep the keys at the desk. It's for security - stops you losing it/having your pocket picked and having someone go over your room, makes it obvious if someone tries to walk through reception without picking up a room key and generally allows them to keep a better eye on who is coming and going.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ceejay
    I suppose it's just a matter of where you've stayed. I'd say, in the hotels I've stayed in, in Europe and Asia, that it's the usual practice to keep the keys at the desk. It's for security - stops you losing it/having your pocket picked and having someone go over your room, makes it obvious if someone tries to walk through reception without picking up a room key and generally allows them to keep a better eye on who is coming and going.
    Oh, fair enough. I actually felt less secure leaving it and picking it up at the front desk. Whenever I picked it up all I said was my room number. How would they know I was actually staying there with multiple staff/shifts and so many guests' faces?

Quote Originally Posted by ceejay
    I'd say, in the hotels I've stayed in, in Europe and Asia, that it's the usual practice to keep the keys at the desk.
    Ditto. As far as I am aware this is standard practice in most hotels (as distinct from back packers' flop houses), except for hotels that have a key card system.