Well we donтАЩt get out much midweek, but as Wild West Boys was putting on MAMMA MIA I thought we would have an evening out.

So off we toddled to kick off the evening by eating at Amor. Had the daily special which, as usual, came in тАШRichard sizeтАЩ portions. It wasnтАЩt overly busy at that point, only 4 tables occupied. The staff however seemed more relaxed than usual, and obviously having fun тАж then we realized it must have been RichardтАЩs night off!

Next we went to try the new BUBBLES Go Go bar, located where Crystal Boys used to be. Bit of a disappointment IтАЩm afraid, only 6 boys, only one of which would take my fancy. D├йcor pretty much the same as before, but it does have one BIG selling point тАУ all drinks seemed to be B99! (Well a Gin and T and a bottle of Heineken were both B99) Someone is taking a different approach to pricing in Boystown and about time too, so worth a visit on that basis alone! But for the atmosphere тАУ I can only hope it will build up some clients as we were the only people in there тАУ one more came in as we left. For B99 give it a try!

On to Wild West Boys. The new owner is very friendly, but he has found an insufferable pushy Mamasan from somewhere who is a pain in the butt! This guy was dressed in a white suit and was trying to get us to open a bottle of whisky even before we entered the bar! Pushy and obnoxious тАУ will loose more customers than he lures in. I noted that the old staff gave him a wide berth.

As usual there was a great selection of boys, something for everyone. Whether some of these boys will relocate to Bubbles after they get there September salary remains to be seen! The show started on time, and was great fun тАж. Fast and furious, no breaks between each number (a la Venue), the first time I have seen that at WWB. My one complaint here is that when the music is on for the go go boys, itтАЩs has been ratcheted up several notches to the point my ears were ringing when I left. Note to new owner: This is NOT Dave man club! Your paying customers are NOT young Thais!

After the show we wandered over to Copa тАУ and noticed that Amor had an awful lot of tables occupied for that late. Bet the staff were happy! Caught most of the show at Copa, nice atmosphere. I always feel relaxed here unlike some other places where I feel that the owner is doing me favour letting me in. The show was good, even the lypsync had improved. My guess another knock on effect from that newbie show bar in Jomtien!

With the exception of Bubbles, all the bars were well patronized. Not full, but I would guess about 70%; not bad for a Tuesday evening that was threatening rain!

After that, off home тАУ well it was work in the morning! :lam: