List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mid week trip out to Boystown - including new Bubbles!

Liked

Mid week trip out to Boystown - including new Bubbles!

Well we donтАЩt get out much midweek, but as Wild West Boys was putting on MAMMA MIA I thought we would have an evening out.

So off we toddled to kick off the evening by eating at Amor. Had the daily special which, as usual, came in тАШRichard sizeтАЩ portions. It wasnтАЩt overly busy at that point, only 4 tables occupied. The staff however seemed more relaxed than usual, and obviously having fun тАж then we realized it must have been RichardтАЩs night off!

Next we went to try the new BUBBLES Go Go bar, located where Crystal Boys used to be. Bit of a disappointment IтАЩm afraid, only 6 boys, only one of which would take my fancy. D├йcor pretty much the same as before, but it does have one BIG selling point тАУ all drinks seemed to be B99! (Well a Gin and T and a bottle of Heineken were both B99) Someone is taking a different approach to pricing in Boystown and about time too, so worth a visit on that basis alone! But for the atmosphere тАУ I can only hope it will build up some clients as we were the only people in there тАУ one more came in as we left. For B99 give it a try!

On to Wild West Boys. The new owner is very friendly, but he has found an insufferable pushy Mamasan from somewhere who is a pain in the butt! This guy was dressed in a white suit and was trying to get us to open a bottle of whisky even before we entered the bar! Pushy and obnoxious тАУ will loose more customers than he lures in. I noted that the old staff gave him a wide berth.

As usual there was a great selection of boys, something for everyone. Whether some of these boys will relocate to Bubbles after they get there September salary remains to be seen! The show started on time, and was great fun тАж. Fast and furious, no breaks between each number (a la Venue), the first time I have seen that at WWB. My one complaint here is that when the music is on for the go go boys, itтАЩs has been ratcheted up several notches to the point my ears were ringing when I left. Note to new owner: This is NOT Dave man club! Your paying customers are NOT young Thais!

After the show we wandered over to Copa тАУ and noticed that Amor had an awful lot of tables occupied for that late. Bet the staff were happy! Caught most of the show at Copa, nice atmosphere. I always feel relaxed here unlike some other places where I feel that the owner is doing me favour letting me in. The show was good, even the lypsync had improved. My guess another knock on effect from that newbie show bar in Jomtien!

With the exception of Bubbles, all the bars were well patronized. Not full, but I would guess about 70%; not bad for a Tuesday evening that was threatening rain!

After that, off home тАУ well it was work in the morning! :lam:

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Mid week trip out to Boystown - including new Bubbles!

thanks for the update.. maybe Bubbles had a soft opening as they usually make a big deal out
    of it with lots of balloons and a roast pig or two..
    It should be interesting to see if the WWB boys leave to go with the old owners.. I have noticed
    that many boys stay loyal to some of the mamasans and move with them.. It can make a good
    mamasan very important to a bar.
    Hopefully the new owners will get the message and tone down the pushy mamasan and the music but
    the odds are not favorable imho... :idea:

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    Hopefully the new owners will get the message and tone down the pushy mamasan and the music but
    the odds are not favorable imho... :idea:
    I can just picture the boys on stage tapping their feet to Doris Day, Vera Lynn and the Andrew Sisters :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

elephantspike

Didn't Bubbles used to be a girl go-go place?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Elephantspike
    Didn't Bubbles used to be a girl go-go place?
    Yes, it did. That's going back maybe a couple of years now.

Bubbles had a previous life as a boy bar, and was open for maybe 6 months or more. They tried to specialize in older and bigger body guys, but found that the market for this type of body in Pattaya was limited, so the bar was never busy.
    It closed, and has been empty since the last high season.

It was managed in the past by the original owners of WWB, so I guess they still have the lease.

Can't help wondering why they sold WWB.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patexpat
    On to Wild West Boys. The new owner is very friendly, but he has found an insufferable pushy Mamasan from somewhere who is a pain in the butt!
    Worse than Layla? Or is she wearing a white suit these days?
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by neddy3
    Can't help wondering why they sold WWB.
    Buy low, sell high? They sold when WWB was doing well. Can't be helped if the new buyer wants to run it into the ground. Previous owner probably made a decent profit.
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by quiet1
    On to Wild West Boys. The new owner is very friendly, but he has found an insufferable pushy Mamasan from somewhere who is a pain in the butt!
    Nobody could be worse than Layla!! (Laila?)

But I did have an encounter with another new katoey mamasan who is pushy and very much better avoided. (It goes without saying that Laila is better avoided!)
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by quiet1
    Layla is a fluffy kitten compared to this new guy .....
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Here's my experience of Boystown on Tues 22nd September:

Only bars that were busy were Copa and WWB. Copa show good (and that ****ing dog finally seems to have been put out of its/our misery at last), bar very busy. WWB busy-ish, lots of noisy russians, insuffereable new mamasan who plonks herself down wherever she isnt wanted and caused at least 1 guy to walk out, show somewhere between "obscure" and "bizarre" to say the least.

Cafe Royale - El Duo playing to an audience of 4 at 10.30pm, which comprised 2 of us and, separately, another board member and his boy. Service appalling considering nobody else was eating and food inedible (dried up lasagne with what appeared to be and tasted like a layer of shoe leather on top. Tried again 2 nights later - this time there were no other customers at all, just the 5 of us in our group, - waited 30 minutes for a dried up cheeseburger incorporating a stale, dry, bun. You know, the waiters in here are so friendly, they deserve better than to serve up the low level crap (which isn't cheap) being produced in the CR kitchens these days. Tried a breakfast one day (3rd time lucky?) which was no more than adequate despite costing around 6 times the price of the cafe across the main road..

Panorama bar next to empty, many go-go bars (eg Sawatdee Boys) completely empty.

The Towering Inferno I don't frequent, so can't comment - but not much sign of customers flocking in or out.

The only time I saw many people in the street was when the Chinese/Japanese tour groups were being trailed round to view the homosexuals.

My overriding impression was of an area in severe decline.

:headbang: