List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Th Latest Night Mare, you need to read.

Liked

Re: Th Latest Night Mare, you need to read.

seems straight forward to me .... if you want to stay here legally long term, get the right visa, surely?
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Patexpat
    seems straight forward to me .... if you want to stay here legally long term, get the right visa, surely?
    One would think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottoms Up
    The problem is mainly the guys who do not come into the retirement VISA domain, under 50s or do not have the money to get a Thai retirement VISA and usually, for what ever reason, go to any where they can purchase a Multi 2/3 month Visa with with extension.

You know there are other people in Thailand than you two, with different reasons not to pay for a years visa, like the fair back to their home Country ever year. May be.
    No excuse, visas are for a reason, abide by induvidual countries immigration laws and you won't have a problem. Why should Thailand relax their regulations for certian individuals when other counties do not?.....

:cheers:

How can you relax a law that has been in force since the year dot. :hello1:
    It was a question not a statement idiot.........

:cheers:

The problem is mainly the guys who do not come into the retirement VISA domain, under 50s or do not have the money to get a Thai retirement VISA ...

The reason that Thailand wants people to stay here long term, or at least the main reason, is that those people will spend money here and not take employment from Thais. So they want over 50's with money in the bank or an adequate income. Thailand isn't running a refugee camps for people who want to live on the cheap or come here to live off some illegal employment.

Everybody can't have everything they want in life and it isn't up to the Thai authorities to be welfare workers for the world.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by soi hok gao
    The reason that Thailand wants people to stay here long term, or at least the main reason, is that those people will spend money here and not take employment from Thais. So they want over 50's with money in the bank or an adequate income.
    Then why don't they offer an entrepreneurial or self-employment visa as well? There's tons of people in my shoes who make in excess of say 200,000 baht per month (ie. we're not poor bums looking for a cheap place to live), can work anywhere in the world, and would prefer to live somewhere like Thailand instead of their home countries.

There is a 3 year non-immigrant visa that mentions self-employment though:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2498

The restrictions seem very simple, but yet quite vague. From what that states, all I have to do is shift some contract work over to a few Thai firms, and voila, I get a 3 year non-immigrant visa. I can't possibly see it being that simple though. Considering I don't quality for a 1 year non-immigrant, can't see how I'd quality for a 3 year. Who knows, still have to talk to some immigration lawyers about it all.

Liked

[quote=soi hok gao]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bottoms Up":501ebgbr
    The problem is mainly the guys who do not come into the retirement VISA domain, under 50s or do not have the money to get a Thai retirement VISA ...

The reason that Thailand wants people to stay here long term, or at least the main reason, is that those people will spend money here and not take employment from Thais. So they want over 50's with money in the bank or an adequate income. Thailand isn't running a refugee camps for people who want to live on the cheap or come here to live off some illegal employment.

Everybody can't have everything they want in life and it isn't up to the Thai authorities to be welfare workers for the world.[/quote:501ebgbr]

-Agree with this quote. Only have to look around Pattaya to see the amount of penniless losers !

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Quote Originally Posted by soi hok gao
    The reason that Thailand wants people to stay here long term, or at least the main reason, is that those people will spend money here and not take employment from Thais. So they want over 50's with money in the bank or an adequate income.
    Then why don't they offer an entrepreneurial or self-employment visa as well? There's tons of people in my shoes who make in excess of say 200,000 baht per month (ie. we're not poor bums looking for a cheap place to live), can work anywhere in the world, and would prefer to live somewhere like Thailand instead of their home countries.

There is a 3 year non-immigrant visa that mentions self-employment though:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2498

The restrictions seem very simple, but yet quite vague. From what that states, all I have to do is shift some contract work over to a few Thai firms, and voila, I get a 3 year non-immigrant visa. I can't possibly see it being that simple though. Considering I don't quality for a 1 year non-immigrant, can't see how I'd quality for a 3 year. Who knows, still have to talk to some immigration lawyers about it all.
    Well then talk to some immigration lawyers instead of whinging on here. Get an investment visa or just return to your own country and stop boring us with your complaints.

Liked

Love you too, sweetheart. :-)